Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
BethM Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: BigHands
Great, as usual, Bethie.

Although, I don't know what you mean by "naughty". I'm the moral backbone of this place.
You know why your kids have learned to deal with this?

Because their mom set an incredible example. Just saying.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....yeah!

Thanks for the compliment BH. I am lucky though because I do have 3 pretty darn kids, not perfect, but good!

Have a nice weekend with my partner in crime!

Love,
Bethie

F
fig Offline
F

BethM Offline OP
OP Offline
HAPPY MONDAY!!!!! UGH!

Fun weekend AND the Pats won!!! YAY!!!

My girlfriend who runs the jewelery store in my building came in to tell me that she was filling out the papers to give the deed on her house back to the bank. I'm sure it's better than letting it go into foreclosure but still, it's so sad. The house has been in her family for 70 years and had belonged to her Gramma. Her nitwit husband had had it appraised for $70,000 over what it's worth now, plus he owes the government thousands in back taxes so he's got nothing lef to give her. As if that wasn't enough, he was supposed to have fixed her roof and waterproofed the basement. With the rain we had over the weekend, her roof leaked and is trying to fall in and her basemnt has a foot of water in it. Even with insurance their deductable is so high that she just can't afford to do the work. Wait until his girlfriend finds out his financial health and that he doesn't have a pot to piss in. Something tells me that she's not going to like it too much! So right now I'm thanking the Lord that at least my ex was a saver! (oh I guess I shouldn't mention that part right? After all I didn't earn it being a stay at home Mom and all)

I'm a little ticked at my kid right now. My 19 year old is in honors college and was lucky enough to have full tuition paid for through scholarships which she won't have to pay back. However, this doesn't include living or personal expenses. She also was lucky enough to have a part time job (11 hours per week lifeguarding job). So she has a little spending money, but the majority of her money for living is split 50/50 between her dad and myself. The other daughter is at school on a full ride from both of us. So my 19 year old called and asked how much money I was going to be depositing in her account. Since April we have given her $6,000 yet she's worrying thinking because we don't pay tuition that we should be giving her more. Give me a break...and yes, I do know that my kids are spoiled! This kind of pissed me off because last week she needed a suit since the big 4 come in this week to set up the internships for next summer. I gave her a gift card that I had from the Limited for $50 dollars thinking that she could put that towards a suit. Well she did but it still was $190.00. When I was reminding her how much money had been put in her account since last spring I reminded her that she was supposed to be a poor college student and why does she think that she needs the top of the line in everything? My answer was that she wasn't alone and everyone in the school of business was expected to go out and buy a GOOD suit. Ha... sorry but I don't believe that all of these kids can spend so frivolously! So this is something that I am definitely going to have to address and put a cap on from now on.
Dear old dad gets to go on with his life and never has to worry about this crap or making sure that the kids do what they're supposed to. So once again I have to be the wicked witch of the midwest! Oh by the way, he called this weekend to ask if I was ok. Yeah, like that's a call I want to return! Sheesh!

Anyway, this weekend ended up being a lot of fun and now I am paying for it physically, but the best part is that monetarily it cost me nothing!!! HA 2 nights out drinking Lord knows how much wine....Priceless!

Have a great week.........

Love,
Bethie

L
L
Quote:
Dear old dad gets to go on with his life and never has to worry about this crap or making sure that the kids do what they're supposed to. So once again I have to be the wicked witch of the midwest!

Oh let him go on with his half assed life. How wonderful can someone's life be, when they have lost their children?

I just don't even understand how one wakes up in the morning knowing it is their fault they lost their children

Join us in the First HIVES Club of financial difficulty. Things are tighter than a nun's................

sooo I hear ya sister. Prayers, hugs, and good wishes for you today and every day babes.

Now, how about a Chocolate Martini YUM.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
F
fig Offline
F
if you are the wicked witch then I am your sister

thank God we have those kick assssss ruby slippers, yes!!!

;\)

B
B
Me likey the witches.

BethM Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Lis!

Yes, you're right. When I start to get really overwhelmed and mad at him for not being there, I think just that. Would I for 1 minute want to not have my kids in my life? Noway. Besides, kids are supposed to be pains in the butt, right? Oh he acts like, "what can I do? They hate me." (see he's the victim here)

No I can't imagine how when someone is all alone with just the quiet of their own mind, how they could ever feel like they got what they wanted, and I think that after a certain period of time they would know this, even if they never admitted it!

B
B
Karma's a beyatch.

L
L
Poor poor victim Dad.

Quote:
No I can't imagine how when someone is all alone with just the quiet of their own mind, how they could ever feel like they got what they wanted, and I think that after a certain period of time they would know this, even if they never admitted it!

See, my H is talented enough to combine the 'its not my fault our marriage failed' with 'I miss my kids...boo hoo'. When he gets sad leaving them (to go sleep at his dads, remember. Where he WANTED to go), he says 'You are the one that won't let me stay here.'

Here's 2 tissues. One for my H and one for your X.

MWAH Beth!

F
fig Offline
F
youre nice
i would let them snot all over their damn sleeves

i mean

what the hey

you don't do their laundry any more

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard