Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sara - we here in the west are amazed at the floridians and midwesterners. Tornadoes and hurricanes?! Give me an earthquake instead! \:\)

Kerry - I was near the marine center - noaa facilities, just up the river a bit.

I am going to a conference in Vancouver in October and was wondering about staying to do a bit of the Pacific Rim trail. Thing is, my D is final the day after the conference ends - do I have to be there? Guess I'll find out when I meet with our judge next week.

D puts such a crimp in your vacationing schedule sometimes! ;\)

Divorced: 10/26/08
S
S
Originally Posted By: Sara
Surf's up when the hurricanes go by on their way to New Orleans.

I am guessing that Tampa does not get clobbered by a hurricane ever because it is on the safe side of Florida.

BTW... Once a year, part of Florida and part of Oregon have the same time for an hour. It is when the clocks are set back in western Florida which is in the central time zone and Ontario Oregon which is in the mountain time zone.

S
S
At least we get 5 days warning on a hurricane. And most of them are not so bad. As far as I can tell, disasters can happen anywhere.

S
S
Now that I am no longer sitting in the bull's eye of the hurricane map (New Orleans), I can see patterns that take most of the storms across the Florida Keys and then into the northern Gulf coast. But you can never say never. The storm would lose of lot of good time building over the Gulf if it turned and hit Tampa. But that doesn't reduce my hurricane insurance premium any.

S
S
Originally Posted By: lodo
I am going to a conference in Vancouver in October and was wondering about staying to do a bit of the Pacific Rim trail.

About 11 years ago I sailed my boat up to the Broken Group of Islands in Barkley Sound which is part of Pacific Rim NP. Absolutely beautiful place. I cleaned a fish and threw the carcass overboard where I was anchored. The bladder still had air in it, and as it floated to shore, I counted 9 bald eagles in the trees eyeing it. It was quite entertaining to observe their pecking order as to whose turn it was to have a go at that fish carcass.

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well, for the most part we just stay prepared for earthquakes - nothing hanging above the bed, secure bookcases to the wall, keep food and water on hand. I think that's worked just as well as 5 days notice. Having lived in Missouri, though, it just makes me cringe to think of some big whirlwind that can suddenly swing through and level everything.

Kerry, I'm glad to hear you practice fillet and release. So do I.

I like to float a section of the Colorado River - Ruby/Horsethief Canyon - in winter. It is full of bald eagles! I'm reminded of ravens due to a picture I once saw in National Geo of a raven stealing a salmon from an eagle. Have you ever read "Ravens in Winter"? I believe the author was in Maine. Maybe we can get gForce to change jobs - do research on ravens instead and report back to us. Maybe he can investigate whether they DB or not.

W
WCW Offline
W
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed how fast the light is starting to change? It was dark when my alarm went off this morning. I'M NOT READY FOR WINTER! D*MN IT! MY SUMMER WAS HALFWAY WASTED TRYING TO RECOVER FROM A MEAN MISTREATER! I WANT MORE SUMMER!
You live in CA and complain about winter and cold water? phooeeyy! are you NUTS?

I notice the light change every time I flip the switch!

Twirling whirlwinds vs hurricanes vs earthquakes. Can we pick none of the above? Where is that?

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
K
K
Hey when are we doing the movie? You are the owner on this one, so pick a time and date!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
How about Thursday night?

K
K
That sounds good. What time do you want to start?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard