Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
E
E
that's funny Lodo..and a really good idea

G
G
I love being married too. Not just the "idea" of it, the day to day reality of it. I think it is the ultimate goal in life, to share it with someone you have a life-long commitment with. There are plenty of "our kind" out there, I really believe that. I just dreaded going through the vetting phase, over and over and over again.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
K
K
Originally Posted By: gForce
There are plenty of "our kind" out there, I really believe that. I just dreaded going through the vetting phase, over and over and over again.
Same for me. I think that too, but yeah, don't look forward to dating at my age!!! But instant marriage probably isn't a good idea either! \:\) Lodo, maybe you could also ask a few questions to find out their "love language" too??? And how they feel about animal-print robes? \:\) I wonder if this kind of stuff might scare off some though--but I guess we don't want wimps anyway right??? \:\) Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I think I'm just going to take a page from WII's book and take myself out for awhile. I can get myself drunk and try to take advantage of myself. At least I'm always around ...

Had to turn down a grand canyon river trip today. Hated doing it but just can't get on top of work stuff right now. I think I might go on a short backpacking trip instead - Skyline to the Sea.

Has anyone else noticed how fast the light is starting to change? It was dark when my alarm went off this morning. I'M NOT READY FOR WINTER! D*MN IT! MY SUMMER WAS HALFWAY WASTED TRYING TO RECOVER FROM A MEAN MISTREATER! I WANT MORE SUMMER!

Divorced: 10/26/08
S
S
You need to get a job where you work below the equator for half the year. Have you ever seen the classic documentary "Endless Summer"? Learn to surf dude!

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I haven't learned to surf or scuba dive because the ocean is so frickin' cold here. Have you seen the documentary about the surf family that lived in a camper?

S
S
I have not seen that. When I was in Santa Cruz last, I checked out the surfers catching that real long running wave - awesome. If I am reencarnated as a Great White, I know where I am going to live.

I think it's weird how you live like 700 miles south of me but yet your ocean temperature is still bone chilling cold like it is where I live. I guess there is an advantage - no hurricanes!

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Mavericks.

Are you near the ocean? Hmm, just checked google maps. For some reason I pictured you somewhere else. I was doing some work in Newport out on the coast.

Is there a lot of coastal hiking there?

S
S
I've got plenty of summer here. It's going to be hot as he!! for another 3 months in Florida. and the water is plenty warm. Surf's up when the hurricanes go by on their way to New Orleans.

S
S
I am about 90 minute drive to the beach (Seaside).

When I go to Newport, I go clamming with bare feet. I can feel the cockles through the mud and there is no random digging. Were you at the Hatfield marine center?

There are some ok coast trails, but if you want some of the best head further north to the Olympic NP coastal section or Pacific Rim NP on Vancouver Island. I have backpacked the Olympic coast and you have to plan around the tides as some sections are only passable at low tide.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard