you are not

end of story

and

balls to the wall baby
I am so proud of you

P
P
Cuddles if you like 'em Ian....

It sounds like drama is comfortable for her. She wants to stay connected to you and drama is a safe way for her to do that. I think that's why she doesn't want to let go.

I felt sad when she only responded to taking on half the debt. Did she not even blink about sole custody of Tawny?

What is the go with Ross? I want to be clear about who he is gonig to live with as far as you're concerned. Only for my own curiosity!

Purple

As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live. Goethe

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks figgy, in fact thanks to all of you guys who help me feel stronger in my decisions. I don't know what I would do without y'alls positive reinforcement.

It was a tough day today and I am worn out. so it's off to bed for me.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Purple
Cuddles if you like 'em Ian....

It sounds like drama is comfortable for her. She wants to stay connected to you and drama is a safe way for her to do that. I think that's why she doesn't want to let go.

I felt sad when she only responded to taking on half the debt. Did she not even blink about sole custody of Tawny?

What is the go with Ross? I want to be clear about who he is gonig to live with as far as you're concerned. Only for my own curiosity!

No she really didn't even blink about Tawny. Ross will continue to be with me one week and her the next. 50/50 split. She is gone off the deep end with the Tawny thing. It doesn't even phase me now and until you asked, I really didn't think much of it. Amazing.......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

F
fig Offline
F
take some metamucil

you know stress and your tummy

and

sleep a dreamless sleep

you fought a good fight today
a dad fight

good for you

E
E
Quote:
She is gone off the deep end with the Tawny thing. It doesn't even phase me now and until you asked, I really didn't think much of it.

she is f'in crazy Ian. Batchitt crazy..Texting her D with that bullchitt, walking away from her basically. it's pathetic IMO.

You're fighting the goodfight Ian. it's about the kids. They should be #1 and you're doing that.

Keep it up. Lot's of us are learning from you right now..

You're a good daddy Ian. I'm proud of you.

G
G
Hey Ian..

It's impressive and good to see how you proceed in a emotionally heartbreaking situation, especially with Carrie who before the bomb was a mom extraordinaire.

You are teaching your daughter what to expect in a man, what to love in a dad, what to respect in a father. She knows she is protected. And if, on the off chance she is manipulating the situation, you have an eye out for that, too. When wacky things happen, I figure there's a nugget of truth somewhere. Please don't be offended, that's just the way I think.

Good job and good luck.

*hugs*

R
R
Ian--
You did really well; keep being strong.

I noticed the same thing she did - make a stink about the money before a word about the children.

We'll keep checking in with you; no worries about visiting out when you need to pool your resources.

R
R
Ian...

As being referred to as the 'flowery word' person I must say I am speechless. I am at a loss as to how a parent can put themselves first over their own children. Batchiit doesn't even come close to describing your W. To only be upset about the debt and if she can move or not is so self centered.

Don't ever question yourself when it comes to your kids, you were literally backed into a corner the only choice you had was the one you made. You are an a good father and are growing to accomplish that everyday.

The way you handle yourself with your W is truly a mark of how far you have come and how completely detached you are to her craziness. To sit in the car and listen to her rant and rave and to stay perfectly calm speaks volumes my friend.

Stay the person you have become you are showing your kids what a adult is about and giving them a map of how to be treated by others. Tawny knows this and when you have doubts just take a moment and look at the letter she wrote on her myspace to you and that will confirm what you are doing is right...

Brian

Me:46/W:38
D:18/D:12
Bomb: 08/27/07
Seperated: 05/17/08
M:9/T:13
S
OP Offline
S
So, my FIL calls me and gives me hell about the filing to stop Carrie from moving until she designates me as custodial parent. He won't listen to a word I say and tells me that I am being abusive. Then he tells me he won't be speaking to me again and hangs up on me. Nice.......

I sent him this email:

Quote:
Dad,
I understand your frustration with things, and I am sorry that it came to this. However, you really haven't spoken to me in over 6 months anyway and do not know everything you believe you know.

You called me abusive, I disagree. You have absolutely no idea what has transpired over the last year. Carrie continues to blame me for the divorce not being final, but the reality is it is not done because her lawyer chooses to play games. He knew that mediation was needed to resolve this and yet continued to milk your daughter for money.

You believe that I should simply trust Carrie and not protect myself and my kids from possible repurcussions of her move, well tell me why I should trust her Jack, because I can't for the life of me figure that out. Her actions in the last 2 years do not justify trust on my part. Her actions in the last three weeks with our daughter/your grandaughter do not justify trust.

I will keep this brief and not go into it to deep. All that I will say to you is this, you do not know everything about what has happened. You merely hear what you want to make this all go away. Your acceptance of Carrie's relationship with the man she had an affair with tells me that you don't care about the truth. The man I know and respect would not support such actions. 2 families were destroyed because of this relationship, and you are supporting it? I would have never thought you would and I know that if this was Judy doing this to you, you would behave quite differently.

So for now, you hear what you want to hear, you believe what you want to believe, and you put your morals and ethics aside simply because it is your daughter. I respect that you love Carrie very much and this is what you need to do right now.

If you ever choose to have a real discussion with me where you actually listen to what I say, i will be glad to do so. Until then, take care of yourself and the family.

Now I will wait for round three. Not sure what the hell that will be,maybe OM will want to give me a piece of his mind

Blech I am tired of this crap........

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard