Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
R
OP Offline
R
So I was just invited to go dancing.....I exchanged numbers with a woman.....feels strange......I just need to remember to enjoy the moment and not to cross any boundaries right now......

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
C
CBK Offline
C
Hey R2C - Thanks for stopping by - just getting caught up with your sitch. Sorry I dropped off the planet, but needed to for sanity sake!

Sounds like things are going about the same for you as me - however, I feel I am totally out of my M and no hope for us. My only solstice is my kids are older.

All's I can say is that once WAW moved out, my life got considerably better. As you know by my thread, I was going to not leave any stone unturned - like you. Going out for the first time was very strange after being married for 24 years. I am not taking anything for granted anylonger.

Enjoy your kids, enjoy your life - it is too short. R2C - you are a good man - and like you said "enjoy the moment" you deserve it!

I will keep in touch, promise! I go to the lawyer tomorrow for mediation and will move out of the house next month as STBX will stay in the house for good reasons.

Take care my friend!

M=46 W=47 M=24 (together 26) D21, S19
Bomb 3/16/08 OM 3/28/08 WAW moved out 5/16
Divorce final 10/09
S
S
Where's the cookies ?????

You need to tell me all about this woman you exchanged phone #'s with. What if I don't approve ? ;\)

hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
J
J
Thanx for checking in on me.Sounds like you're doing alright.

I can't believe how much better I do when I don't see my W.I finally worked a system so I can pick up D without seeing her.Seemed to really rock her with that one.

Wish she wasn't hurting,but this is ME time.

Do work,no doubt.

Me:34
W:31
Daughter:6
Married:5 years on May 24
Seperated from Sept 07 to Nov 07
2nd Seperation Mar 28 08 til now
EAs/PAs on both sides since then
Received divorce papers end of August
G
G
Hey Ready...

You're finding the man behind the lens?

How is the new abode when the kids aren't there?

Do you have hope for your marriage? Do you want to?

You'll always be an incredible 'devil bunny' to me.

*hugs*

R
OP Offline
R
I am setting up my new place. I left almost everything at the "Marital Home".

I now have a 42" TV, and have my PC hooked up to it and using it as my monitor!

Anyway, I was out shopping today, mentioned my Sitch to the guy working, and he said he is initiating D with his W who sits on the coach and drinks all day. I recommend DR to him. It is amazing to me how many people I keep meeting who are going down the D path...

On a better note, One of best friends is now engaged! He was always the third wheel with me and W, Now I guess it might me my turn as the third wheel.... Funny how things 180...

Time to relax in hottub. Night all!

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Gypsy!

I feel at home now. I went shopping today and ready for kids....

I want the M to work, but I have not seen any indication W wants to....

This empathy thing sucks! I was talking to a guy tonight, his two young kids died, his W stabbed him and now is in prison for 23 years....I just felt so sorry for the pain he must feel....

Amor Fati
R
OP Offline
R
I saw W today. I think the "say less than they do" is a good approach. If wife says 5 words, you say 3.

Amor Fati
R
OP Offline
R
I saw W again today. I asked how her race was. I receive more information than a "Fine" or "Great"....

Baby Steps!

Amor Fati
S
S
Hey Ready, it's great to see that you got more than a monosyllable answer !

How was dance lady ?

Hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard