Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1546140 08/05/08 05:07 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hey GB! Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family. Hope you are getting a great son-in-law. And, yes, save your pennies...weddings are outrageously expensive these days.

Went to the Irish Festival this past weekend. It was my first one. Very enjoyable. Say, what IS up with all those roundabouts in Dublin? And they keep adding more! Guess the city fathers think it's classy. It is certainly fun hanging out in Dublin. I do a lot of people-watching since I am from the other side of the tracks. Very entertaining, if you know what I mean.

Hope you are not roasting down in the Lone Star state.

Take care and check in when you get back.

Hope all of my other cyber peeps are surviving the summer. It was beautiful here on the weekend. Guess we can expect the dog days to hit us soon.

Later,

Spitty

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
Hey Spitty!!!

I'm first!

You sound as if life is treating you good. So nice to hear. Hey I'm a people watcher too. One of life's little pleasures!

Take care..........

Love,
Bethie

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Bethie!

You didn't request a drink!? What'll it be?

Yes, I am enjoying life greatly. It was hard to imagine when I was on the other side of this divorce mess, that I would ever be happy again. I always had a "sense" that things would get better, but I never knew for sure. There is a verse in a song sung by Wynonna Judd that says,

"I found no comfort in placing blame. I saw the hope that lay just beyond the pain. The past is a prison and I won't wear those chains and I won't hide."

I identified with that completely.

Have a great day.

Spitty

Mark Twain
It's always nice to see good people happy. Love that Winona but don't know if I've ever heard that song.

Ok, since you mixing I'll have a Singapore Sling. Man that brings back memories....well fuzzy ones but memories just the same!

Love,
Bethie

Hi spitfire....

What are YOUR goals now?

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
S
OP Offline
S
Hi SG,

My goals are:
1. Complete my unfinished "organizational" goals of cleaning my office, bedroom and closet.

2. Begin and complete my kitchen remodeling project.

3. Explore/investigate the feasibility of a real estate/ business venture that I have been considering since my divorce. Opportunity is knocking as it never has before.

4. Take some classes to improve my computer skills.

5. Spend some quality time with my mother and my sister.

Thanks for making me write them down. It helps me to focus as I have a tendency to be a scatterbrain.

Spitty

Mark Twain
F
FA Offline
F
I'm with you on the computer skills thing!!!!!!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
FA #1552813 08/10/08 02:24 PM
Hey Spitty,

Sounding good!

Those all seem like worthy goals.

Are you in Ireland?

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

S
OP Offline
S
Hi SG! NO, I'm not in Ireland. I'm in beautiful Central Ohio. Dublin (Ohio) is a suburb of Columbus. It's a pretty nice area of Columbus and I am NOT from there. I come from the other side of the tracks. I do hang out there a lot as my BF lives close to there. They have some nice restaurants and they throw a really good Fourth of July celebration.

I like to tease about it with Goin Batty since he is from the area.

Hope all is well with you. Thanks for checking in.

Spitty

Mark Twain
G
G
Yup, and ol GB is south of the I 70 and only on rare occasions makes it up to Dublin (well, every 5,000 miles to get the "toy" an oil change anyway) Missed the Irish festival with darling neice in the Dublin feish and she finished third in her class. But she does her Irish family proud everytime she takes the stage and GIVES IT HER ALL. What more can you ask of anyone (even if they are from the state up north)?
And one of these days will be spinning around I 270 and spot the Spitty car and give a waive. Spitty will spot the license plates ( F and know in an instant it's GB. Or, it will never happen.
What the heck, life is a journey, great people near and far, within a dozen miles or across the pond. And they all meet here just because of a few cards dealt the wrong way in life's journey. And yet we go on.
Peace to all of you that read this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard