Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
T
T
I am not sure if my mind is ever out of the gutter!

Glad you had a good time.

Trip #1552229 08/09/08 07:56 PM
OP Offline
ADs Day One...

Well, I took my first pill yesterday morning and co-incidentally had an amazingly productive day. Got multiple little things crossed off the list and ran into some old friends I haven't seen in ages.

Stayed up a little late to watch the Olympics, went to bed around 11 planning to get up around 7 because I had a busy Saturday morning planned...

Woke up at 4 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Took a hot bath at 6 and slept until 8. This meant I skipped yoga this morning, but I did run into a girlfriend downtown and we had breakfast together.

I used to get insomnia all the time, but hadn't had it in a while. I hope this isn't a side effect...just reporting the facts.

My mood has been pretty good, don't feel like I can chalk it up to the ADs at this point, but to more positive things happening in my life and work.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

T
T
SG, I think everything helps and if part of your life that is going well affects the other parts, then yay you!

Hope the insomnia was just a one off!

Trip #1552820 08/10/08 02:33 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Trip!

I slept like a baby last night and was up ready to greet the day at 6:30 am...which is a tad early for a Sunday, but in my ideal world I just get up at the same time every day (more or less)

Today I drive to that City by the Bay to visit my wonderful first born child, DS.

Poor guy is having a spate of bad luck. It has been hard for him to find housing. He had a great deal for his first year, then moved into a shared house that I thought was great...but alas the lease-holder decided it wasn't working out, and now DS is looking for someplace to live. Couch surfing with his stuff in storage in the meantime. I hope he finds something soon, since fall semester starts for him Aug. 13. \:o So hopefully I can drive him around to look at places...

Then, I got a fantastic work opportunity that will be a perfect compliment to the other work I do, and the schedule will dovetail with my other schedules as well. The bad thing is that I was planning to visit DD on Monday, but I have to get this project done. I feel very bad because she was hoping I could help her rearrange her space before her new roommates move in. Sheesh!
These kids and their independence!

Well, need to give the wonder puppy a good hour of excercise this morning before I take off. I am leaving him here...so that there will be room for S and S's GF in the car!

Have a great Sunday all.

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

T
T
Glad to see you slept well. At least you woke up on a good not although it was early. I find a good rest helps with my state of mind. That and waking up to the sun!

Cool about the work opportunity.

What a pinch for your son but I am sure you guys will find something for him.

Have a good time.

Trip #1552915 08/10/08 05:07 PM
K
K
Quote:
I am not as swift as Bethie, obviously!

Well, I'm very swift

soooo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SG!!!!!!!!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Gosh, I just realized it too!!!

Happy Birthday, SG and I'm so glad your life is moving in a positive direction. Have fun with DS!!!

qoe100 #1553265 08/11/08 12:48 AM
Hi SG:

Hope you had a good visit with your son and that he finds a nice place to live very soon. He really is a great guy! Sorry you won't get to see your DD tommorrow.

It will be a couple of weeks before you know the full effects of your ADs. I've never been on them but Chuck and Brandon both have been. I'm glad you got a good night's sleep last night. They both slept better with them than without them but of course they're different for everyone.

Have a good week!

Barb

OP Offline

Hi Barb, Queenie and Karen!

Thanks for the BD wishes. This has really been "birthday month" so far...between my BFF coming for a visit and the vacation at the beach...it has been pretty good.

Happy Monday Friends!

Went to visit the boy yesterday. He lives in the East Bay for now, and his school, work, and where he wants to live are all in San Francisco. We drove over there and had lunch and tried to run a few errands but were thwarted by it being Sunday. But we did retrieve some things out of his storage locker for him to have.

On the way back to the East Bay, going over the Bay Bridge I heard a loud "POP" sound, then "wubba-wubba-wubba-wubba"...yep! a BLOW OUT on the bridge!

The blinkers came on and I drove slowly to where I could pull off, which was a bus lane at the end of the bridge. DS helped me change the tire and the cop who eventually showed up thanked me for getting off the bridge to do so. By the way, are they hiring cops right out of High School these days? This guy looked YOUNG!

I was a little shaken up. I take excellent care of my tires and buy good ones and get them rotated at the proper intervals, etc. It seemed like a sidewall blowout. To the tire store today to get my replacement!

Had another good night of sleep and woke up ready to go at 6:30 ay em. Gonna take the wonder puppy for a nice run and then I will be busy today working on 2 projects.

Have a good one!
SG

Survival Goddess

Just pulling up this thread for Soup to read and any others who might have missed it.

Hope you are doing well SG. Time to start a new thread soon.

Love ya,

Barb

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard