Awaiting
Support
Current
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey (((everyone)))

Well, after getting a lot of sleep on Friday night I've had a brilliant weekend. Saturday morning I stayed in bed and read. I haven't done that for so long, I seem to find the TV a comfort - maybe because it is noise. I had forgotten that it used to be one of my favourite past times to just read in bed and I think when you share a bed/ house with someone you don't get that opportunity. It kind of reminded me of pre-relationship entertaining myself. Also the book was very gripping and it wasn't self-help!!

Then Sat afternoon my friend came over who I hardly ever see, we put the world to rights as we used to, she was one of my house-mates at uni. Then we went up to stay with a uni friend that lives near by. We drank far to much and went out dancing which was so much fun and reminded me of my care free days. I had an awful hangover this morning though which has lingered all day... but forced myself to out to a ceramics/pottery fair with another friend and bought a gorgeous pot. So, I am off for a semi early night now. But overall a fun care-free girly weekend! Just what the doctor ordered!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
I
I
Julia, I'm so glad you had a great weekend!!! I love going dancing. Oh and reading in bed is the best. Read any good books lately?

I've been thinking of joining or starting a book club. I asked some of my girlfriends about it, and they were like, "Well, it's a good excuse to get together and drink wine. Do we have to actually read the book?" (Eyeroll)

It is in the shelter of each other that people live.--Irish proverb

Current
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm reading Sepulchre by Kate Mosse - it is so gripping! A book club sounds like fun, I think my friends would be exactly the same \:D

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
I've often thought of joining a book club. I just haven't been able to pull it off yet.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey (((Miska)))

Yeah, it would be a good GALing activity then it isn't so solitary. I'm wondering if there is a local one I could join - then it would be a good chance to meet more people round my area. Hmm, maybe I shall investigate the library. You read any good books lately?

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
P
P
(((Julia)))) sorry for the hangover- but sounds like it was worth the fun!

Pisces
M 31 H 32
M 7 yrs
S 5/10
Beginning
Contact!
Vibes
Hot Tub
Cheese
M
M
All I seem to read most of the time are self-help books. YUCK! I used to read a lot of historical romance but right now I can't stomach anything where there is some happily ever after. The idea of all that hogwash just makes me want to throw up! \:\)

I did read a series of books a while back that are extremely good. Full of intrigue, romance, and history. It's the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. By the middle of the first book you'll absolutely be in love with the main male character, Jamie. They're REALLY long books but amazingly fast to read. You might want to check them out.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Pisces. \:\)

Mishka, that is why I am reading an adventure type novel. I don't want to read mushy stuff ;\) I've only been reading self help lately but this weekend for me was about not focusing on life as my week had been quite stressful with all the financial stuff. I'm glad I forced myself to read something different. I shall try the one you suggested next!

H update - the money went into the account this morning. AS I suspected it did take 4 working days to transfer between banks so I shall send a cheque off for our council tax today - phew. I also sent him an email this morning suggesting Weds or Thurs for lunch. I won't hold my breath that this will happen as everything seems to take so long at the moment.

Does anyone have any tips about how I should play the discussion? I want to try and keep it as brief as possible. The key things I want to get out of it is for h and I to agree to put in a set amount this month to bring it up to zero and for us both to transfer our phone bills so they no longer come out of the account. It would be nice if he could agree to check the account once a month and let me know if there are any problems and for me to do that too but maybe this is pushing it too far. I've tried to keep it as simple as possible.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always \:\)

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
Julia,
glad you had a good weekend. Next time you are in a dancing frenzy, swing over here and we can go cut a rug together ;-)

I'm thinking re:money talk that instead of as brief as possible, focus on getting the situation handled. Since we men in general like solving problems, perhaps it would be good to ask H what he thinks would be a good way to solve the problem. I've only been following things for a little while so I don't have a better feel for his response. It might also be a good idea to try for some small talk first, not launching straight into a meaty discussion.

Just a little thought or two.

Dan

M-40 W-41
D12 S8 D5
T-18yr M-14y
Sep 4/12/08
rocky
gasp
confrontation
current
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis