Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
K
SG
Wooot hooot!
You and your GAL is great to read!
Sounds good. I have been out w/ men like your date, Its nice they at least talk BUT zzzzzzzzzzz, maybe he was nervous, maybe he feels uncofortable with pregnant pauses lol
So are you going to go over his manuscript?

Cant wait to hear about the new guy, he sounds good!
Have a great weekend !!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Contemplating your navel??? You considering taking up belly dancing???? LOL!

So, that's the meaning of "double date". 2 guys in one night. Well, it would be hard for a guy to do all the talking if I was there - he'd find that difficult! But I'd say it is a bit unusual. Is he that talkative on the phone? Most guys REALLY don't like the phone.

And nice that you met someone else you get on well with too. Gives you someone to compare to.

Well, SG, it does sound like you are in the driver's seat. You are the poster girl for GAL!

Barb

Ok so since these things happen in threes, who's the third lucky guy?

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
Happy Friday Friends...

Well, I have been busy busy busy, which is good. Away from the board for a while, found myself all the way on page 3!

My very best-est friend in the whole world was here this week and she helped my organize/redecorate my home office, which used to be S's room. It is a very small space and I just was having a hard time figuring out where to put everything so that it is functional. MUCH much better now!

Seems like there has been a lot of activity on the board in my absence. Not sure what it is/was all about, tho...I think there are a couple of issues that I can address...

One: for the children. My kids were older when the marriage split up. They were old enough to understand the underlying issues that broke us apart. In my case it was being married to a man who was in many ways a good father, but his issues with long time (15+ years) infidelity and addiction make him a poor spouse. Our dynamic had developed into a very un-healthy one over the years, but in any case I DBed like a trooper, gave it my all, gave him many "chances" and "sat on the curb" like so many of us here. I threw myself into GAL and have been working HARD for these past 7 years (when I found out about one affair) to heal and re-discover my self. I have cordial relations w/ ex. However, I do much much better if I don't have to see him or deal with him in person. The kids have their relationship w/ him and just, last weekend took a trip with him to the Midwest to visit his side of the family. I have to say, the situation would be much different if the kids were younger. They are 20 and 22 now.

Two: next relationship.
Don't know about that one. Did have the short R w/CG. That taught me a lot about myself, as well as a lot to look out for. This dating is pretty interesting, but time consuming! I would like a guy somewhere in the middle of CG and the last date I had w/ the ex-Moonie. Someone who is aware of themselves and somewhat introspective and can take responsibility for their own happiness and part of the relationship...YET...does not get SO self-involved that they forget about me.

Not even sure at this point if I WANT to get married. As I have said before, when I married it was to create a family. I have my kids and that part of life is over. I may eventually meet someone who rocks my world so much and I rock his that marriage would be the only option...but at this point in time I am not that interested.

Speaking of self-involved...

I am going to write about something I have not addressed before on the board, but I know others have had experience with this so here goes.

I have been struggling with depression on and off my whole life. I know there are things I can do to help...and exercise/yoga help tremendously as do other things like being social, and therapy. However this summer it actually has hit me harder than ever before so I am going to try ADs. I will be writing about this to get feedback which should help me monitor the situation.

I am excited that this may give me the boost I need but at the same time I am a little nervous about side-effects. Not sure when I will actually start, but here is a little heads up.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday and GREAT weekend!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

F
fig Offline
F
I was on celexa for around 7 years

it saved my life

and

after two hospitalizations and 7 years on ADS I was convinced it was for forever

but I was starting to go off them when LSS left!!! niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

i stayed to my course of weening off and have been doing great these last two years

I have to talk myself down sometimes but therapy gave me some great tools

i think part of the reason we suffer from depression is because we believe we are worth what the people who we feel are most important in our lives treat us

we are better than their treatment

(and some of us are just missing that chemical in our brain)

K
K
Hey SG
Happy Friday!

Quote:
I have cordial relations w/ ex. However, I do much much better if I don't have to see him or deal with him in person. The kids have their relationship w/ him

This is me exactly, it is what it is and it just works that way, I had to learn also just recently I have to let S and his dad have their R without mom butting in, old habits are hard to break tho!

I think a lot of us here on the board have had issues w/ Depression and AD , have you taken them before?
You know of course all the facts, how diff ones work best for others. I took them for a few years when ex left, it was more tho because most of my adult life I had had panic attacks and they were never addressed by my dr. No idea why, maybe should of pushed it more, so when Ex left my Dr. said lets try them.
They def took the edge off but like I said mine were more for anxiety then dep. although it is usually a combo med.

Now have a scrip for a anxiety med to be taken as needed, have had it 2 months never touched it. Never sure if they are needed so they sit there lol

I am sure your Dr. will talk to you at length and these great people will give you their input. There are a lot of products out there that can help

I do hope if you do try them they will work for you.
((( SG ))) have a fantastic weekend!

This Moment is your Life

K
K
oh btw if your collecting data lol

My first AD were effexor XR, WORKED GREAT! but for insurance reasons switched to Lepexor (sp?) not as great for me.

Again, I hear some people try a few before they find one that is right for them.

Good Luck SG

This Moment is your Life

Quote:
Did have the short R w/CG. That taught me a lot about myself, as well as a lot to look out for. This dating is pretty interesting, but time consuming!

LOL! feel like I could have written that. Even my short R was with a "CG" LOL (squared- wish we could add exponential figures)

I also have some thoughts about the meds but would like to share them off line. (Karen, Bethie, Qoe and BarbieDoll have my email address, write me if you can connect with them) \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
K
K
Quote:
(Karen, Bethie, Qoe and BarbieDoll have my email address,

slut C2!
kidding

This Moment is your Life

fig #1542792 08/01/08 08:57 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: fig
I was on celexa for around 7 years

it saved my life

and

after two hospitalizations and 7 years on ADS I was convinced it was for forever...

Yeah, I don't want it to be forever. Just feel very down sometimes and I have had a few days where if it weren't for the wonder puppy I wouldn't have gotten off the couch.

I used to say Yoga saved my life. It was true!

(figgy)
(good luck w/ all your stuff)
SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard