Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
K
I heard there was a 5.4 which is what the quake was yesterday, felt more in Pomona.

Cant believe I was so oblivious to it all. Durrr

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Happy Friday! Date night update!!

Ok, so the only date I can get is with my daughter but I will happily take it. Last night we went to go see Mamma Mia after making he promise she would not go see it with anyone else. About 3 years ago we my X and I saw the play in L.A. and then shortly thereafter, we got some free tickets from her boss so we went to see it again with my daughter and her cousin.

So last night was a chance to enjoy it with my daughter again, only 3 years closer to being a young woman. Ouch, the thought of marriage stings a dad, to eventually lose his little girl.

We arrived early so we walked around a bit in our quaint downtown area (an older So Cal suburb), took her shopping and then went to the movie. I know we enjoyed it that much more, having seen the play together.

It was a precious moment. \:\)

Fellowship, accountability time, father son time, outreach service?, service, kiddie time, fellowship

Well, that about sums up my time this upcoming weekend. I do not have my kids this weekend but I have plenty to keep me busy and I will see them a couple of times.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
K
K
Ahhh C2
Tbat sounds so great! What a great memory for you and D
I would love to go see Mamma Mia!

sounds like your weekend will be great too.
Enjoy!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Quote:
Fellowship, accountability time, father son time, outreach service?, service, kiddie time, fellowship

That is pretty much how it went. It was a GREAT, nonstop weekend that included:

Unbelievable fellowship at shepherd's school, (all the servants of the church gathering for food and fellowship with our pastor).

Bowling with my brother - unexpectedly, my brother (an actual sibliing brother) invited me to bowl. We don't spend too much one on one time together but our schedules worked out so this was a good time and we agreed to do it again.

Acccountability Fellowship - Great fellowship and REAL talk with my closest brothers at our weekly 6 a.m. Saturdeay gathering.

Participation in the Radio Rally (A concer/outreach promoted on the local christian radio station my pastor's messages (sermons) are broadcast on) This included meeting a lady who needed to hear how God can help a person survive divorce.

More "travel" Fellowship - the rally was 60 miles away which gave five of us guys time to get to know each other and talk about the topic dating/courting in the church enviornment.

Church- awesome timely message on FAITH (Hebrews ch.11)
(A the son of pastor who has a very well know ministry in Southern California died in a traffic accident 11 days ago). My pastor's message was for any going through difficulties or things that challenging their faith and we "just happen" to be going through the one chapter in the bible know as the "Hall of Faith" (We go chapter by chapter, book by book each Sunday, next week chapter 12).

Church & Homeless Raul - This the guy I see from time to time. I help him as I can and we spend time together, sometimes over a meal. He came to church so I finally got to introduce him to my kids, introduce him to a couple of friends and give him some money for the day. He has a good relationship with the Lord which is amazing to many considering he has no roof over his head.

Chores, church & chillin - (it was strectch to come up with the third "C" ;\) ) The rest of my Sunday was spent doing the mundane (chores) until it was time for the evening study. Sunday evening service (church) is more of a smaller bible study of about 100 people but the teacher is a young vibrant, energetic man who's passion for God comes accross in his teaching. We are going through the book of ROMANS and his teaching simply brought to a crystal reality the reason for man's need of God's grace. Amazing. Chillin' - After the study, I went to the beach to prepare for my Men's Accountability group at church tonight. It was a beautiful night on the pier, met Cherish and Mitch from Hawaii (they saw me wearing a hawaiian shirt and started a conversation). She had wandered away from God and he is still seraching so God arranged this meeting for me to share God's love with them.

I go into this week with significant financial decisions ahead but an assurance that God is in control and I continue to be one heck of a blessed man!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline

Posted to Karen's today, just something to reflect on:

Quote:
Quote:
You guys know tho dont you? Its not what we wanted for our kids-but like the discussion on another thread, it dosnt mean our kids are not going to become wonderful adults ( or even older adults!) and go on to have productive, lives. Its just well it wasnt our "ideal" for them, but we all deal

It hurts as well as "sucks." You know my outlook is to focus on what IS good, what blessings we DO have and to try to make the best of the current situation. SO many people have experienced garbage in their lives and have overcome those challenges and even terrible situations to lead rich, rewarding lives.

We on the board are doing the best we can and many, in spite of the hurt they have experienced, are pretty content with their lives, especially if they don't romanticize the past.

Just today I spoke with a potential customer who frustrated the heck out of me to no end. She was argumentative, continuously interrupting me as I tried to answer her questions and proved to be a real difficult person to have a conversation with. After she rudely said, "thank you, anyway" and hung up, I recalled this feeling of frustration that I so frequently had with my wife. It was a moment to remind myself of how relieved I am to no longer being married to my X.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Hi C2,

You continue to amaze me, not only with your faith, but by your example.

From what you have written your life seems so full with no time left wasted. You put me to shame!

I'm so hoping and praying that everything with the house goes according to your time frame but secretly I'm hoping for a miracle!

That was so sweet to read about your date with your daughter. She sounds like a very special child. No surprise there. She has a very special Dad!

Love,
Bethie

OP Offline
Bethie,

Thanks for popping in and for your prayers. I posted before how I longed for time with my daughter and then her schedule cleared up so we could have our date night. \:\)

I have so much to be thankful for and though I feel that aching for companionship, I believe it will happen in God's time frame. In the meantime, I have got plenty to keep me busy and plenty to give me fulfuillment.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
My Thankful List

God's GRACE & MERCY
God knows my needs & provides for them
Daily Bread (shelter, food and more)
Fellowship (my church family)
God still wants to use me
Relationship with my kids
Healing from the D
Healthy, able bodied
Attributes (God given talents and gifts)
Family members still alive and healthy
This country & Freedom
Enjoy my job
Enjoy my recreation (church & Kids)
Wonderful experiences I've enjoyed, especially during the last two years
and much more...

I felt the need to remind myself of how thankful I should be for the MANY blessings I have and have experienced. All of us experience things that periodically remind us of the disappointment of going through a divorce. Today was a day I needed to post something to remind me that I really am leading a wonderful life!

I will attend midweek service tonight, will see my son as I taxi him and will take my daughter out tomorrow night to a concert in the park. I took Friday off and will take my son for a weekend camping getaway to Catalina Island with some of my close brothers from church.

Much, much, much to be thankful for, it is just good to reflect on it regularly. \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
R
R
It is actually good to hear you contemplative; even in a down-turn, you remain focused on what is good. You are an inspiration to so many here.

I write and re-write my gratitude list often. I am so happy to be getting back to myself, the woman who sees wonder in this world and wants to experience it.

Have you heard the news about the feds stepping in for foreclosure assistance? Is it something you can tap into?

OP Offline
Donna,

"Attitude of Gratitude" yep, it really helps. It is good to hear you are again seeing the wonder in this world and desie to experience it for there IS much to see and experience, even after heartache.

Thanks for asking about the Fed programs, as I understand them, it is worth a shot. My circumstances should allow me to fit in the general guidelines but it would still take a miracle for it to work out. Even after the miracle, it would be an incredible stretch to meet my budget including the new mortgage and would require bringing in people to rent rooms which can be precarious if someone bails. Child support and private school tuition obligations pretty much kill my chances of keeping the house.

This too shall pass and as long as I can get through this period without hating my X I will be fine (again the need for an Attitude of Gratitude).

I have mentioned it before but if my X had come clean saying something like, "I will never reconsideer because I am in love with the OM you did not know about and we have plans to get married within the year," I would have got rid of the house. The market was at its peak at that time. Instead, X got a settlement based on that peak house appraisal and then I suffered the enitre $100,000 loss in property value myself.

Even after posting the above, I have to sit back and pray for my X becasue she has to give an account for her actions to God and for that, I am very sad for her.

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Again the following verse comes to mind:

Quote:
Job 1:21 And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD."

So I say, "I will praise Him" and All things [STILL] work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

As a local Pastor stated from his pulpit a couple Sundays ago, right after He Lost is son in a tragic auto accident, I too say, I STILL BELIEVE!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard