Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
E
E
Quote:
Did I ever tell you about the way we used to fish for catfish? When I was guiding we cooked with cast iron. Went to the river to copper scrubby them clean. Well, it was kind of like chumming and those cats would swim right into the dutch oven to get more. You just had to be ready to pull and you could sometimes catch one!

then we practiced fillet & release. ;\)

Excellant, that's the only way to release them.

lodo,

please note the edit of the website you posted. I imagine it was just an 'oops'. The fully prescribed edit is as follows:

EDITED – ADVERTISING is NOT ALLOWED. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.

I value your input here...I hope you will comply so you can stick around!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
K
K
There isn't anything wrong with "sweet stuff"! Don't want to go and grow hair on my chest do I? lol I certainly am not used to asking for drinks...don't you guys just buy them for the ladies around here?

Well if not, could I just have a sea breeze please?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
SG - I posted this on Donna's thread but will do so again here.

that website is a personal website maintained by a single woman who went through a divorce from a husband who had had an affair and tried to blame her for it.

The link I posted was to her reflections on the process of detaching, as well as the insights she'd personally gained from going to counseling and participating in divorce groups.

there are no products. there are no links to particular organized groups. It is simply one woman's thoughts.

Please enlighten me on how that is advertising!

Divorced: 10/26/08
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So now I'm curious. If I can't post a link to one woman's thoughts about her divorce, can I post a link to a couple's thoughts on detachment?

this is another non-commercial site.

http://www.coping.org/control/detach.htm

Here's your link back to the other site....

http://home.att.net/~velvet-hammer/makeitwork.html

Posting links isn't a given 'right' ... but I see your point, and I agree with you. As I explained on Donna's thread...it looked at first glance more like an ebook site. I don't 'investigate'.

The coping site link has been permitted all over this board. Lots of folks find it helpful.

Again, I apologize because you were not advertising, and you deserve the apology.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
THANK YOU! \:\)

Hi Lodo! Hope things are going ok. you were right about your neck of the woods, it was COLD!!!!

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey princess! Welcome back! Did you get home just in time for the earthquake?

Quote:
you were right about your neck of the woods, it was COLD!!!!

told you so. \:\) haven't you heard that mark twain quote? "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

S
S
lodo sweetie, can I get a drink ? I've had a horrible headache all day & it won't go away. \:\( I think dulling the pain is the way to go.

I like your new thread idea about not over analyzing. How was your day ? What are you working on now ?

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard