Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
R
R
Hope you meant "NOT ruin a good friendship." But yes, best of luck in this new adventure!

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
lol yeah I meant NOT ruin a good friendship.

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
T
T
Oh, I am so happy this date went better for you, Brigit. A lot better from what I am reading here. ;\) ;\)

Sounds like a decent man and I think it's great to start out as friends.

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I think it is great to start out as friends to.But yet I'm still kind of scared.

I know it is silly.But what if I'm just not the kind of woman who is able to keep a man? What if this just ruins the friendship?

To many what if's.

I really care more about this friendship.

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
R
R
Not the kind of woman to "keep a man?!"

Hon, remember that WASs leave for many more of their own reasons that what we do or don't do. You've been at this a long time, you've learned, grown, and changed. You have a solid idea of what you want and how to ask for and meet others' needs. Don't start off with such a negative self-image!

Its ok to be nervous, but he sounds like someone that you can TALK to about those feelings--just keep talking.

T
T
Not silly at all. I think we all carry around some doubt in the wake of what happened in our marriages.

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
You know before the "bomb" no one would have ever known I had any kind of self doubt.And that would have included me.I hate that I feel this way.

I guess it is natural.But damn it I don't like it.How do I change that?

I can tell myself that I'm worth it.But that's not the same as knowing and feeling it.

R
R
well, list it out.

All the good points about you.

what you are willing to put into a R.

what you would require out of a R. I think there is a thread just started by SG--what next?

Even what you are still working on--how boring would we be if we were perfect?

And ask your kids! They know that you are worth it, worth someone trying really hard for, working to impress you, grow with you, etc.

We've all been willing to sell ourselves short while we were trying to save a past M...don't start off another R in the same position. I've read that in a broad sense, men tend to value respect above love....and they respect someone who knows what they want.

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have a list of what I want.I should have a list of what I'm willing to give.Kinda seems fair trade.

I also have a list of my "assets".I have been using that as a form of self love.It just hasn't sunk in yet.I'm working on knowing my worth.

I have the basic list one would list.

I'm smart

I'm funny

I'm kind

I'm caring

I'm giving

Ect....

But to list everything is hard.It's kind of hard to list the sum of who you are when you don't really know who you are.

I thought I was just a wife and mother.But JUST is such a small word to use with such big words as Wife and Mother.

But as big as those words are they are not all of me.I'm more.But what is the more.

T
T
I just realized that I think I have been spelling Briget wrong all over the place tonight. Sorry about that.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard