Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
OP Offline
nlt, it is easy to focus on them...but be glad that he is in a different city and you cannot hear about or see him involved in his shenanigans...it hurts when people are trying to 'help' you by telling you all sorts of stuff.

Don't expect to hear from him on your b-day...I think they feel so guilty sometimes that they feel it is best just to disappear.

Yes if my sitch goes towards D then I will need an excellent lawyer. One who is not biased even if she knows LL...sigh. I hate this.

Glad to hear your bubby ate a little today...keep my updated!!!

Let us continue to pray!!!

Hugs,
Valentine

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

H
H
Vali!

No, I'm not really expecting to hear from him on my B'day, just wishful thinking I guess. I'll get the alimony check & that will be it.

I am glad that H is not here with OW!! I don't believe I could take that & I'm not sure he could either. He would be around people that have known us together & I think he would be embarrassed about it b/c then they would know what he had done. This way he doesn't know anyone out there so he has started his life over. I hope he doesn't like his new life!

You should contact several lawyers, once you contact them I don't think they can take his case even if you don't go with them. Hopefully you can get a good one!! I just hope it doesn't come to that!!

(((HUGS)))

T
T
Hi Vali,
I hope you are alright and did not get any of that horrible hurrican which hit the south of Texas. I saw on the news how devastating it was!

Have a lovely week-end.

T
T
Hi Vali,
Thanks for visiting my thread, I just read your post after I posted to you. Was your area also affected by the hurricane? I hope not.

OP Offline
True, we got much needed rain but that is all...I live in upper So. Texas--in San Antonio so it was not too bad...we did have a couple of low-grade tornadoes but that is all...

thanks for checking on me...the Diva and I are fine in our house!!!

Hope you had a good visit with your sister and were able to swim some!

Hugs,
Valentine

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

OP Offline
nlt, thanks for the advice! I have no idea what I will do to tell you the truth...I will cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

I got an e-card from a Catholic website for my b-day from H!!! I was surprised he remembered but as my b-day is the same day as his grandmother's I doubt he could forget...LOL!

I was reading "the Prodigal's Prospective" and in it the author says that they really do feel guilt and that their life is not as happy as it seems...I have no idea...I am assuming this is true. But how can your H's 'new life' be any better when he did not face the problems in his 'old one'? Think about it.

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Vali

H
H
Vali,

Originally Posted By: Valentine
I was reading "the Prodigal's Prospective" and in it the author says that they really do feel guilt and that their life is not as happy as it seems...I have no idea...I am assuming this is true. But how can your H's 'new life' be any better when he did not face the problems in his 'old one'? Think about it.

You are so right! He would never face it, when he first told me he wanted a D he said we would not discuss our past anymore. When I would bring it up he said I told you we are not discussing that, I couldn't even talk. I think it was the guilt & he knows we had a good M.

I sure hope you don't have to cross that bridge, believe me it is not easy! My H would get so angry when it didn't go his way, it was terrible & him still in the same house with me!! I would get so uneasy when he would come home, but I never knew what he was going to do or say, he was out of control.

You hang in there too! We have to keep praying!!

(((HUGS)))

OP Offline
Journaling: LL came over late yesterday afternoon...it was a good visit...noticed he did not wear his wedding ring (not his class ring---but he hasn't worn the class ring in a while)...I grabbed his hand and asked: No more wedding ring? He said my fingers are too fat to wear any rings...

He has gained weight...I was hurt that he didn't have it on but then again I had quit wearing mine...I started putting it back on...I had forgotten how beautiful my setting is...

Anyhow, I didn't say anything more about it. I was pleasant. He told me of another of his friends who is getting divorced and how he told his friend they should try to work everything out w/o lawyers...HA! Sometimes I wonder if his words have a double meaning...he has done this in the past.

I have to give up wondering what is going on inside his brain...it is so sad to see him act this way...

Today I am back in my hometown to attend a party...brought the Diva and I will spend the night at my parents...go back home tomorrow...

Kisses to all!
Vali

Hi Vali,

Nice to read the interaction with LL was good. Keep it up ! Lots of love and enjoy your weekend xxx

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
H
H
Hi Vali,

I'm so glad that things were pleasent. I sure hope you don't have to go the lawyer route but you get one if you have too. My H wanted me to use his but I wouldn't have gotten anything if I had not. Well, we would have split everything 50/50 but I wouldn't have gotten the house or alimony.

Your H is a lawyer so watch out. Right now I don't trust him, just like I didn't trust my H either at the time.

I hope you have a good trip!!

Hang in there & keep praying!
(((HUGS)))

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard