Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
BethM #1530257 07/24/08 01:23 AM
I'd like to chime in on the mediated divorce. I went that route. It was the ONLY way I had a hope of keeping the house based on the fact that Ryan had partial ownership in it. According to the law - Chuck was entitled to half and would have taken it. In mediation we worked out more like a 1/3 deal.

As far as costs, mine would have been app $50,000! Mediation with an alien was PAINFUL. I cried nearly every time and he was cold, calcualting and even threw in some meanness. But I did it for $14,000 and I'd far rather use that to pay for my kids' education and things like retaining walls and cottage decor than paying it to my lawyer and the courts.

Anyone who hasn't divorced yet should consider this option. In Canada we call it "Collateral Divorce". It was a good idea.

Barb

OP Offline
Hi Karen:

Quote:
and he gets a chunk of change on this house when I sell,
My H was pushing for that, even tho the down payment was a gift from my parents. You may recall that in the beginning he said some crazy things like "I will continue to pay as long as there isn't another man in the house" even tho he had been w/ OGIRL for something like 4 years at that point!

I fought for sole ownership and that is what I got!

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
Barb,

I remember how hard mediation was for you. I think in your sit anything would have been hard!

We took so dang long to get through anything that it helped the process in a way. But it was me leading that particular dance every step of the way. I made the appointments, filled out the paperwork, filed, etc. It was painful, but at least it is over now, and if I hadn't I might still be married to that guy! LOL!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
Blessings!

Now that things have calmed down a bit...<ahem>

Got a new contract job that is going to be about 10 hours a week, at a good rate, and will allow me to grow my skills in an area that I need to grow in! \:D

Will be getting some brand new, expensive, software for free as part of that job! \:D

Have a promising interview today! \:D

Met a cute guy from e-harmony yesterday! \:D

Argo did really well in Rally training on Wednesday. The trainer says we will earn our RN in no time! \:D

AND!!!!!

My very best friend in the whole world is coming to visit me in a few days! YAYYYYYYY!

Have a great Friday my friends and have a great weekend!

SG

Survival Goddess

K
K
Yeah SG!!
Life is good yes?

All sounds like positive things in your life!
Good luck on your interview!
I am getting really discouraged! One of the places I have sent in at least 3 resumes to, has just informed me they are laying off over 400 employees and are putting hiring on freeze. uggh
Oh well, back to the drawing board!

So what about FG? anyting going on w/him??

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

N
N
Originally Posted By: Survival_Goddess
Met a cute guy from e-harmony yesterday! \:D

SG,

That is funny.... The last girl I met from an "unnamed" web site... Got out of her car....... Walked up to me and said, "You're really cute!" I guess she really ended up liking me..... We were married a couple months later......

I wish you all the best in your dating adventures........

Take Care,

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
Hey SG:

Nice to be back to Peach Tree.

Hope everything goes well with your interview today. Be sure to let us know.

And wishing you the best with your new E Harmony guy. Details please...

Have a great day! TGIF!

Barb

K
K
Quote:
hiring on freeze

LOL A FREEZE ON HIRING
durrrr
blonde, tired and , well blonde!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Hey SG,

Great post, so many good things happening! Of course, the one I want to hear about is the interview? No. The contract? No. Your friend's visit? No. THE DATE! Details woman, details, LOL!

Loved how your thread started and love the name. It was cool to read the recap of how you got to this point and how you are accepting it for what it is, seeking to make the best of your situation.

There are so many great people, from varied backgrounds around this board, different stories, similar pain and a common desire to make the best of their situations, to help, encourage and support others make the best possible lives for themselves and their loved ones. That is what is great about this board, especially this forum.

You continue to inspire me and others around here so we celebrate your successes with you and support you during the temporary set backs.

Blessings to you, hope your fledgling R with FG blossoms. ;\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
Happy Saturday, Friends!

Well it feels like I am moving into another "UP" phase...After having so much time to contemplate my navel, all of a sudden I am busy!

The interview went quite well. Unfortunately the job was about an hour away, and they couldn't offer me much. Sigh. But I am feeling much better about work and money so "yay".

Now about that date...

We met at a coffee shop. We talked...(or rather he did) for about 1 and a half hours. He is very attractive, has piercing blue eyes and a nice smile. We spent a LOT of time talking about his history, which is rather "colorful". He is a native Canadian, and apparently was in the headlines a while back. Barb, I will be writing you offlist to see if you have any insight.

I enjoyed talking with him..but it was all about him. He found out that I edit, and he then sent me his 200 page manuscript to me via e-mail so that I could "take a look at it" No mention of getting together next time or a second date. Hmmmm

However, life is interesting. Last night my very good girlfriend called me and asked me to join a group at a bar. The group was partly her extended family, partly our friends, and partly some visitors from San Diego who are here until December working on a project. So I joined them. I think there were about 10 of us at a long table. At my end were myself, my girlfriend, another girlfriend and one of the SD guys. At one point the other 2 girls got up and left the table and I started talking with the guy. Turns out we have a lot in common. I gave him my card, and he gave me his, and we are getting together on Sunday! Cute guy, too!
<tee hee>

So, I will keep you posted...

SG

Survival Goddess

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard