Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
OP Offline
Hi ya Bethie! (and welcomed guests)

I just spent yesterday thinking of ya! huh? Yeah, I went on a ride to help transport 38 Boston High Schoolers/Young Adults (ages 17-20) from L.A. to the Mexican Border. What?

A team from Boston came out to serve the poor and the orphans for a week. They would stay at our facility in Rosarito Mexico and then work during the day and crash at night.

I knew they were meeting for lunch so I decided to drop by and bring them water for the road and some bags of candy. As it turns out one of the drivers from our church asked if I wanted to ride down in order to keep him company on the way back so I went.

It was so refreshing to see youth willng to work and serve others, especially serving in poor areas. Most of these "kids" had been here last year, according to their youth leader, and it was truely a blessing.

What is odd about this picture?
As we dropped them off at the border, our people from the facility in Mexico were waiting for them on the other side with a bus. They were able to walk accross the border with their suitcases and backpacks. It was an odd looking sight to see 38 very American looking Bostonians High Schooler/Young Adults walking into Mexico with luggage. People all over the place were doing double takes. People walk back and forth accross the border all the time to shop etc and then take taxis saving them hours of trying to cross the border by car but this was very much one of those, "What is odd about this picture" type of scenes- I wish I had had a camera LOL! \:D

These youths crossing the border was a sight that stuck out like a sore thumb but it was probably one of the most beautiful sore thumbs I have seen in a long time.

Have a Blessed Sunday and great week as well (I know the Bostonians will)

p.s. Open request for prayer: pray for these kids while they are there, that they be blessed and are a blessing to others. \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Hey C2:

I have a best friend in Burbank. She has 2 grown sons and has been divorced for years. She is a Christian woman and works as a nurse at a Christian school. She is one of the sweetest women I know. Pretty too. Every time I read your thread I think of her. Too bad I couldn't set the 2 of you up. You just never know.

Anyway, that was the only thing I felt like writing about this morning.

Barb

OP Offline
"Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match..." LOL! Stranger things have happened.

Heck, God took two people who knew each other here in our church, sent them all the way to Romania to cause the spark to ignite when they could have just gone for coffee locally. \:D

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Hi George! (I mean C2):

She had been emailing me a few times in the past 24 hours and called once. Just got me thinking about you. Lemme see - how can we make this happen?

I know a guy whose real name is George Bailey. I've known him all my life.

Barb

K
K
Hey C2
If this is the friend of Barbs I met she is right! She is the nicest lady! and very pretty too! I thought she was a peach! lol
I liked her better then Barb KIDDING BARB lol

heck, like ya said, stranger things......

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

C
C
that's pretty neat C2H, about the kids going to Mexico, I pray they are blessed and dont' forget their experience.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Thanks Karen!

Yes, she's the one. Now don't you think she and C2 would make a cute couple? I wonder if her ears are burning today. She has no idea what I'm thinking.

Barb

K
K
Hahahha yes they would. Shes a doll , very friendly and sweet, and again PRETTY! and we know our C2 is just about the darn sweetest thang around these parts!

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Quote:
I liked her better then Barb KIDDING BARB lol

Then she must be a winner! \:\)

Let's see how this would go:

Quote:
Barb: Hey "Peachy" (Karen's nickname for friend) I know this guy who goes by George Bailey. I was thinking you might wanna meet him, he lives in the So Cal.

Peachy: Oh, Barb, George? Common, he's not really my type

Barb: No not THAT George Bailey, another George Bailey. Actually, this guy goes by C2H.

Peachy: C2H? What kind of name is that? Is he wanted by the law?

Barb: (pausing to think back on C2H's posts,trying to recall any mention of lawlessness...) Well its a ficticious name, I know him in cyber space.

Peachy: Uh, yeah right, thanks a lot.

Barb: No really, he's a nice guy, or at least I think he is.

Peachy: Uh, yeah right. What else do you know?

Barb: Well, he's divorced.

Peachy: Great start (hint of sarcasm). What elses?

Barb: He likes to dance, seems to be a bit athletic, plays basketball, rides bikes.

Peachy: Ok, that's a bit more positive, what else?

Barb: Umm, he seems to have a good sense of humor.

Peachy: That's good, it is nice to meet someone who knows how to have a good time. Anything else?

Barb: He really seems to be a good, caring father.

Peachy: (Interest rising a bit) That IS important.

Barb: Oh, he seems to be really committed and involved in his faith.

Peachy: Also good. What else do you know, does he have any quirks?

Barb: ...(thinking, adding hesitantly)... Um, oh yeah, he has a butt light.

Peachy: (click phone goes dead)

Well Barb, it was a nice try! \:D

cat, The Mexican border turn around was very cool. A few other neat things took place along the way.

How ya doing? was praying for your situation last time I posted to you?

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
You are a funny funny young man C2
now see BF ( Barb's friend) likes funny funny young men!!!

This Moment is your Life

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard