Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
naej,

uh Sweetie...how should I put this? I don't really think a beard would be all that flattering on you, but hey, that's just my opinion.

C2,

HEY!!! GET OUT OF THAT LAZY BOY. YOU'RE BURNING A HOLE IN THE DAY!

OP Offline
Quote:
Oh C2 are you one of those who fall asleep in a chair?

I couldnt do that no m atter what! I think its a man thang.

Oh yeah? Karen you haven't sat in my Zero Gravity Chair, gentle breezes flowing through the room while the absolute most relaxing music plays. It is really an outdoor, sit on the porch kinda chair but I pull it out inside and enjoy it, I'm a bachelor, I go for comfort over style. \:D

Quote:
wash my mouth out-sorry C2H, I mean in my case of course

Naej, hmmm maybe it is an age thing but of course sitting in that chair is something else!

Bethie corretion "Zero Gravity Boy" not "Lazy Boy."

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
Brief post of PRAISE!

Daily taxi rides with daughter to her summer college classes are a blessing!

I really enjoy my job, the people are great, the time flys by quickly, I meet lots of new people everyday and I get to be my silly self with within professional boudaries (that I constantly push \:D )

My church family is beyond great and God is using me to encourage the men

I am very much ready for the right woman to come into my life and I have been keeping my eye open while, tossing out hints of interest here and there (more importantly I have been praying prior to throwing out hints)

The house
It is not all rosy- I definitely am losing my house. I have been looking at the situation from ALL angles and I dont' see solution. My brothers are praying that if is is God's will for me to keep it, that he will show me how but if it is NOT His will then so be it.

Early in my journey, I came accross chapters of the book of Job and it was very, very helpful. At one point, he has lost everything and he states:

Quote:
Job 1:20 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped.
Job 1:21 And he said:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD."

Job 1:22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.

The bible calls Job a righteous man, he was obeying and loving God when all this happened. Many many lessons to be learned from this account but suffice to say. I trust God. If I lose the house God will still not be foresaking me. I will be fine.

Have a blessed day (I know I will) \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
God Bless you, C2! You are a treasure. When the right woman comes along - she will indeed be the lucky one.

The thing I feared the most when H left me was losing my house. It was an absolute dreamhouse - one I had worked hard for for so many years. It was handicapped accessible for Ryan - how could I ever live without it???

Fast forward a few years. I kept the house for 4 years after ex left. It was truly a struggle. I am stubborn. Perhaps it was even stupid. But I was going to show him! Now I've been in my new house for 3 years. Finally got an elevator in to stop Ryan's daily struggles with the stairs and to regain my sense of privacy in my own home. I love my home. It is SO less important where I live. It is mine. It feels great that he has NEVER set foot in it.

I truly believe that if it is meant to be - it will all work out. If it doesn't - it wasn't. I think you live by this principle too. As in "God's Will". Stay true to that. He will not let you down.

It was nice to read that which makes you happy. Enjoy the time with your daughter. I think my son is coming to visit at the cottage this w/e. I look forward to that time.

Barb

Hey Hunka Hunka Burning love...

Yeah you, in the baca lounger. I'm so happy that everything seems to have worked out with your job and that you are surrounded by such good people.

You constantly amaze me with your faith. Most of us would be driven to the brink of despair at the thought of losing our homes, but you have such deep faith, and that's a lesson to us all. Besides, it's just a material possesion right? It certainly doesn't come close to having to re-work your whole life because of a divorce. Heck, you've done that and quite successfully.

Happy to see that your getting so much quality time with your daughter!

Love,
Bethie

OP Offline

Barb,
Thank you SO much for the kind words and assurance that when she comes around, "the right one" will be lucky. Also, thanks for sharing your story about your dream house and your struggle. I too think that if I really struggled, maybe I could save it but then I would be focusing soo much on keeping it only to let it go not too far down the road We shall seee.

Quote:
It certainly doesn't come close to having to re-work your whole life because of a divorce. Heck, you've done that and quite successfully.
Oh, now I AM depressed! LOL!

Bethie, Thanks for reinforcing all the good things going on in my life, one must remember the good when you go through any storm. You, me, so many others here have sooooo much good stuff going on, even when garbage lurks in backgroung, must not worry but be happy

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline

July 15th came and went but it was significant in that it was the 2 year mark that X moved out. My first post after returning to the boards was not for another 5 weeks and this is what I wrote:

Quote:

That being said, from my perspective I believe the following from the Bible:

Quote:
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

To me, this tells me that EVEN this situation will work out to glorify God, whether or not my marriage heals.

Therefore, I am excited to see what this situation will look like 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc, down the road, thus, the journey continues.
(emphasis added)

My current mindset:
To Work on Me AND as strange as it seems, leave the door open for reconciliation. My journey, in how I became a Christian and how W and I got together leads me to believe that there is still the possibility of a miraculous reconciliation waiting to happen. At this point, though I will be working on me, I intend to wait until God clearly tells me it is time to Move On before I allow myself to start to pursue any other relationship. (This is her second act of adultery that I am aware of and I believe that I am free to pursue other relationships BUT I choose to wait on the Lord- I know I will know when it is time to move on).

What is next?:
Heavy duty DBing and a deep examination of the areas in which I need to grow. A moving forwards with my life in all areas except romance.

Looking back at my comments from nearly two years ago, I see that healing has been and continues to take place, God still gets the glory and I am just about ready for whatever and whomever God might bring into my life. Life is good!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
This is as good a time as any to post this link and lyrics. I posted this once before but I think like this as a "moving on" kind of song: Basia - "From Now On"

Quote:

Once upon a time it was for real
Nothing mattered - then we were together
And I couldn't ask for more
My dream came true
You were nearest to my heart
I can't make you love me anymore
Nothing matters now when you are gone
Tried so many times before
Only now I understand
We never felt the same
But I don't mind
I don't mind
A better combination won't be hard to find
Got to learn to walk again
It's so new - being free
Start the life of different kind
No more us
From now on it's - me
I know this empty room too well
I've got to plan my new life's resolutions
First of all I show you how I can survive
I never knew that I could laugh like this
So I don't mind
I don't mind
A better combination won't be hard to find
It's so new - being free
No more us
From now on it's - me
I don't mind (x16)
It's so new - being free
No more us
From now on it's - me
Once upon a time it was for real
Nothing mattered then we were together
You were nearest to my heart
Only now I understand
We never felt the same
I don't mind, I don't mind, I don't mind
I don't mind

Committed2Him- "C2H"
W
W
Great tune. Basia rocks.

OP Offline
beginning.end,

She sure does! Just now searched my itunes for "from now on" and and neat "coincidence" took place. Out of over 4400 songs and messages stored, ONE other tune popped up and it was one of the most powerful songs I ever heard. I just coincidentaly heard it while I was serving on a short term missions trip in Romania.

I was working on a small construction project and my team was taking a break (heat wave 110 plus temperatures). This song played on a brother's ipod (docking station) and I completely broke down inside at awe awesome God is. The song: No One Else Knows - Building 429

Quote:
My world is closing in
On the inside
But I'm not showing it
When all I am is crying out
I hold it in and fake a smile
Still I'm broken
I'm broken
Only one can understand
And only one can hold the hand
Of the broken
Of the broken

When no one else knows how I feel
Your love for me is proven real
When no one else cares where I've been
You run to me with outstretched hands
And You hold me in your arms
Again

I need no explanation of why me
I just need confirmation
Only You could understand the emptiness inside my head
I am falling
I am falling
I'm falling down upon my knees
To find the one who gives me peace
I am flying
Lord I am flying

When no one else knows how I feel
Your love for me is proven real
When no one else cares where I've been
You run to me with outstretched hands
And You hold me in Your arms
Again

I have come to you in search of faith
Cause I can't see beyond this place
Oh You are God and I am man
So I'll leave it in Your hands

I absolutely love little "coincidences" and believe God's hand is in even the little of details how i might type a search using certain words for a search vs. others. \:\)

Have a blessed day to one and all!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard