Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
K
K
You were Trip??

Thanks Brig! lol for explaining it, it sounds actually quite tasty! I bet you make it great! wow 300 cookbooks! oh vey! I think I have 300 " how to be a better you" and " save your marriage" books hows that? lol

ya know the last few years w/S off at college so just me here I have not been cooking much at all, I make a pretty mean Pasta primevera, nothing fancy and a few casseroles people like maybe its time again

Hope your week continues to be better!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

T
T
Yep. British background.

I love a good Yorkshire pudding among some other things.

MMMM yorkshire pudding! Our traditional Christmas dinner...with a roast beast of course!

But my daddy is from the south so I am familiar w/greens and grits and red beans and dirty rice as well. and bacon. Can't forget the bacon! LOL! My mom was from Iowa and Dad from the south, so every morning we would have bacon. \:D

Hey Bridget, are you shooting any pool these days? Sounds like you could use a "mommy day". Don't have any real advice for you on D21...just sympathy...

As for the younger ones...I found that the following things worked for my teens when they were home.

I had a printed list of things that needed to be done every day such as:

Garbage Out
Dishes Done
Clear Counters
Pick Up personal items from Shared Space
Sweep the floor
Feed the animals...

and so on. I required that they do 5 things before they left the house, but left it up to them what to do. After a month or two (Re-training takes time) they both got really good at seeing/sensing what needs to be done and going in and doing it.

By putting it on a list I took the personal accusation out of it.
By allowing them to choose what and when they did I gave them a sense of control.

And of course I positively reinforced my appreciation whenever it was done.

Remember, "Whatever you focus on expands?"

Works great with surly teenagers as well!

Hope your day is going great!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ok I have over a hundred posts on this one.Gonna lock up soon.

I had a date lined up for dinner tonight.My sister took my D13 for a overnight. He canceled.So I went to Wendys got a chili and some taco chips.A beer and just pigged out.I'm so full.Yummy.It's wonderful to eat alone once and while.I don't have to use my manners.LOL

And I have the place to myself for the first time in a long time.

I'm having a lock party here tonight.Last post gets a drink.

Later Friends
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
N
N
Burgendy

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ok open bar!!!!

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
I'm here.............

I'll take a drink!

Hey wasn't it just last week that you swore off men? Have you lost your short term memory?

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I didn't swear off men.I just swore off that man.Men are yummy.

But the guy I was suppose to go to dinner is a really good friend.In fact he is one of my dearest friends.This came out of the blue.I didn't even know he thought of me that way.Or it could just be dinner.LOL

I however am very interested.When I hurt my back coughing a while back he came over and gave me a massage.He was so good with that well now he has me wondering about other things.LOL

We are going to go to dinner tomorrow.Just dinner.No expectations.LOL I'm keeping the cobwebs for now.LOL

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Open bar!!!!

Quote:
I didn't swear off men.I just swore off that man.Men are yummy.

I didn't even know he thought of me that way.Or it could just be dinner.LOL

HAHAHA......So I guess that means you'll take whatever you can get huh? Whatever, it sounds safe, and you sound interested so it's all good! Right?

So if the bars open I'll take whatever you're serving.......

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard