Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
J
JWS Offline
J
Twindad
Sorry it took me so long to find your new thread. I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you and glad that things are going the way they are right now. Thank you for all your hard earn advice. I wish you never had to learn it, but I am grateful that you are here to pass it on.

Me 27, W26
T-12 M-4
SEP 4/29/08
Holding
250 miles
Awaiting
Support
Current
T
TwinDad Offline OP
OP Offline
T
JWS,

I just hope there is something in what I have said that ultimately helps bring you a little closer to your W....it is a noble cause. You have a good heart and your W will start to see that more and more.

I am actually pretty thankful that I had the opportunity to go through this challenge, I became a better person (I think at least), I got a better appreciation for my W, I got to meet some good people (DB site). I learned how to be me again! If I didn't go through this and get the help I needed from DB and other sources then this would have never happened.

TwinDad
Me 39, W 36, M 11
W - MLC, WAW????
2 Kids B/G 3 YRS Old
Start of the Long and Bumpy Road.....
On the verge of piecing.....a new beginning
T
TwinDad Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Last night was a very good night. It had the potential to be nasty...she has a wicked case of PMS...lol (no seriously she gets it bad...she even admits it). We went out to a local sports bar that has a kids night and met up with some other couples (We had a table for 20!). The adults get to have beer and the kids eat for a dollar and get to have balloons made up and their faces painted. The truly nice thing about this is that Wednesday used to be girls night where she sometimes wouldn't get in until very very late. Now over the last few weeks it has morphed into "family night" where everyone gets together and still has a good time and the kids have a great time.

She was pretty amourous at the bar with me (another big thing considering the PMS) and we had a very nice ML session afer she initially said no. The last couple of times I have pretty much had to take control which is something i have been hesitant about due to her feelings (that and I didn't want to put any pressure on). Afterwards she actually fell asleep with her arm around me (something she has never really done) and even returned to that position after waking up in the middle of the night. It felt very nice.

This morning took the cake though. She blogged yesterday about it being 3 days until the kids turned 3! At the end of the blog she said "what started as an ugly summer has turned into something truly special". I can only surmise that she is referring to the sep and re-uniting. This mornign when I left to work I kissed her on the cheak in bed and said ILY (I have been saying that every few days since things have been starting to get better) and she rolled over said bye and then ILY! I haven't heard that since October.

I still need to play it cool, don't get over excited...enjoy the moment. Today feels good and tonight will hopefully be better when we go to pick out B-day gifts for the kids.

TwinDad
Me 39, W 36, M 11
W - MLC, WAW????
2 Kids B/G 3 YRS Old
J
J
Wow an ILY! And the blog! That's so wonderful!

Sure you're not in piecing TD? \:D

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
T
TwinDad Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Sure you're not in piecing TD?

Yeah, I probably am, but I read a few threads there yesterday and I must say it was pretty depressing. I felt sad...people got themsleves to that point and then it was falling apart. I think being in the Sep forum keeps me more honest because it is based on hope and not expecatation. That and y'all are more fun to hang out with \:\)

TwinDad
Me 39, W 36, M 11
W - MLC, WAW????
2 Kids B/G 3 YRS Old
J
JCJ Offline
J
That is such fabulous news!!!

PMS is not a good thing so to be amourous through that is fab. I love this statement too

Quote:
"what started as an ugly summer has turned into something truly special".

And of course the ILY is a HUGE thing
Yay!!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
I
I
Twin Dad,

You've been so successful, and give great advice to others. Would you if you have time look back over my 2 threads (links in my sig) and see what you think? The first thread is important b/c my H and I have some complex sexual issues that gradually come out during the thread. I would really be grateful.

Thanks. \:\)

It is in the shelter of each other that people live.--Irish proverb

Current
J
J
I stuck in the Sep. forum for exactly the same reason...Hope! I considered going over to Divorced but not done but felt it wasn't positive like the Sep. forum.

You are doing great!!!

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
And I thought I was the only one that was counting the months since I have heard an ILY. Congratulations!

You give out the best advice, and it is so uplifting to see it working within your own marriage.

Have fun birthday shopping. These are some of the very best days with your babies \:\)

Last edited by 1hope; 07/17/08 07:57 PM.

Most of us are about as happy as we make up our minds to be.

My first link
Wow, an ILY! That is amazing! I'm so happy for you. And I totally get the "reserved" approach. I understand wanting to stay in separated until you are TOTALLY sure. Love what she wrote in the blog though, that is huge!

Chris

D:4
M:9 (T 13)
Bomb 4-5-08, H moved out 6-16-08,
Reconciled and H moved back in 5-31-09
Still doing GREAT a year later!!!
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard