Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
R
OP Offline
R
Nesting update:
Last night with kids. Exchange happens Wednesday at 5PM. Then next exchange is Sat 8PM (I have prior commitment Sat so I offered time to W and she accepted, Hoping for reciprocation when she has plans but I will wait and see). This block with the kids was relaxing. No W = No tension.

Best moments today: Hugs from kids.

Change my mantra: I can get kids to eat healthy food they "HATE". I little firmness with a little reward goes a long way. I can only do this alone. Any other time, others (W, inlaws, parents) undermine my parenting tactics.... S7 ate a bean/cheese burrito to get 2 cookies tonight....

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
S
S
Ready, when my kids were younger, they had to take just one bite of a new food. Then with familiar foods, they had to take as many bites as their age. 7 year old, 7 bites of the food. For years I kept a loaf of bread & a jar of peanut butter on the table. If they hated what I cooked, they could have a slice of bread with peanut butter. They do get tired of bread & pb eventually. \:\)

You sound like a great dad.

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: smartcookie
Ready, when my kids were younger, they had to take just one bite of a new food. Then with familiar foods, they had to take as many bites as their age. 7 year old, 7 bites of the food. For years I kept a loaf of bread & a jar of peanut butter on the table. If they hated what I cooked, they could have a slice of bread with peanut butter. They do get tired of bread & pb eventually. \:\)

You sound like a great dad.

Great idea! I will keep this in mind....

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
R
OP Offline
R
Light bulb moment yesterday,

It clicked that I have 100% full control of my life. I have been focusing hard on loosing my kids 50% of the time. I realize now that I have full control of the kids 50% of the time and W isn't able to undermine me.

Amor Fati
S
S
Originally Posted By: Ready2Change

It clicked that I have 100% full control of my life. I have been focusing hard on loosing my kids 50% of the time. I realize now that I have full control of the kids 50% of the time and W isn't able to undermine me.

Cool ! Although I don't know how you ever have "full" control of kids. (teasing).

4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
R
OP Offline
R
Exchange happens tonight at 8PM. Can't wait to see kids!

Amor Fati
G
G
You must be a happy camper.

Hurray!

S
S
Originally Posted By: Ready2Change

Good moment R2C and exactly the way to train your mind to look for what is good instead of bad.

Have fun with your kids buddy.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

R
OP Offline
R
So today was great.

Woke up later than I wanted, gave kids bath, and found out W took hairdryer (One more thing I need to buy). She is passive aggressive. Oh well her problem. D6 hair dried fine by the time we got to church.

I dressed D6 in a nice black dress. She looked great. I let the boys pick out "church clothes". Church was much more relaxed with W not there. I haven't been for several weeks. Good to see some people. There is a couple there that I want to get to know. They always look happy together. May be good roll models.

We had neighbor kid over and went to a free "water park" for awhile. Good to see kids having so much fun. My back went out last Thursday, so I am trying to baby it and didn't play, only watched. Hopefully it gets back to normal soon. We then went to arcade and the for pizza. S7 is entertaining. He drank 2 glasses of sprite (W doesn't let them drink soda). Anyway first thing he says to W one the phone is 2 glasses of sprite...

Amor Fati
S
S
Ready, I'm so glad you had some great time with your kids. You do sound like the party weekend dad !

hugs

4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard