Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
L
L
Ya'll are gonna give C2 a big ol' fat, ego swelled head!

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
C
C
I think he's playing coy now... he he

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline
Not coy, just swamped at work (which IS a blessing)

Quote:
hello handsome came here for a breath of fresh air, have a great day

You gotta be kidding this is a So Cal (L.A.) thread, smog and all, no fresh air here \:D

Jill love you to pieces too but then you already knew that. You have been the sane voice to listen to next to Bethie's (Karen is just sweet as can be with great advice as well). I am forever indebted

Quote:
Ya'll are gonna give C2 a big ol' fat, ego swelled head!

Are not! Keep it up and one day I may actually Take my chicken butt, lights and all, and ask PBC for a date!

(ok maybe a cyber swelled head but I am still batting zero for two in the real world. It is a new game after X left, first up was church friend, next was XGF (from 20 years ago) who resurfaced. Of course they say, the third time is the charm right?)

If it was Thursday, it was quasi date night with daughter, unless she blows me off. Last night she was originally going to meet with me later but became available earlier so we went to dinner which was cool. Nothing major, just spending time together, talking about whatever she was interested in. We talked about college and I relayed some funny (embarrassing) stories. I also told her that we will go to summer concerts in the park as they start to pop up. We concluded the night driving home, talking about her college taxi service for the summer and decided to measure how far she acually is from school. It is only three miles but three miles I know I will enjoy and cherish long after she has become a fullfledged woman. God is good.

I dropped her off quite content and at peace.

I get to go dancing!
So last week I chose a party over fellowshipping with my friends and there was NOBODY to dance with! (ok I think there was one lady who was checking me out but she was about 8-10 years older and NOT close to in shape so I do not even think she could have lasted one real dance song.

Leaving church Wednesday, a good friend who his organizing a surprise birthday party for her soon to be fiancé (they are both committed but no formal announcement) tells me her party plans are coming along but her free DJ backed out so she was likely going to play music from an ipod. I asked her what kind of music she was planning on playing not sure if she was going to have more of a social conversational kind of party, or a dj playing purely Christian music, nope she sai... DISCO \:o

So I told her, I have all the music she could possibly want and it was already arranged into play lists and that I would be her ipod DJ if she wanted. She said ok.

So this Saturday, I get to play everything I love to hear and dance to, will be surrounded by church friends (plenty of women) and will get to dance the night away!

Just food for thought, no sooner do I commit to choosing to fellowship with God when faced with a choice, does God give me the desire of heart to go dancing but in a safe, fun, atmosphere. I don't have to worry about hoochie mama’s flinging their stuff all around, nor do I have to go to a club or some place I would really rather avoid. To some this may be a small detail or coincidence but to me, nothing my God does is small. Oh yeah, I KNOW I'm gonna love what they play at the party because for once in my life I actually know who "they" are and in this case, "they" is ME (ok bad English but I think it is actually correct)

Need I say, I love my life?

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
C
C
whoohooo, bring the house down C2H :), I hear you about the fun and safe atmostphere, hope to find something like that next year when I might think of looking for company ;\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
F
FA Offline
F
Hey C2H...Ya outta talk to TRIP about Disco...she REALLY likes the disco stuff...I just like the funky dancing....flashbacks....funny stuff!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
OP Offline
cat, get to play some latin stuff too (not my strongest suit but I do do a little salsa)

Gotta let TRIP know the mirror ball is up and spinning in this disco! \:D (We gonna go waaaaayyyy "back in the day.")

One of my all time, all time favorites is funky, really funky... be surprised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2NVJljsJg

Committed2Him- "C2H"
F
FA Offline
F
hehehehe

Man who walks with BIG stick!
Hope you have fun dancing the night away. Remember the dry cleaners closes at 5. You wouldn't want to be without your 3 piece white suit would you?

Last edited by BethM; 07/12/08 03:43 AM.
OP Offline
Argh!!!! Cleaners closed! \:\( Gonna have to wear this...

Committed2Him- "C2H"
R
R
I think you have to try that move with your "possibilities" You know, stand in front of them and not let them pass you while they are walking by.... ;\)

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard