Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
OP Offline
Recommendations letters, advice on cologne awww you guys are the best! I feel like Greoge Bailey when he finally comes back to the present day and goes home to find his family and friends waiting for him. \:\)

I do have her personal information already so it is easy enough to approach her and my communications to her have been more personal than purely business. Now it is just a matter of taking a risk if this is what I really want to do.

As I started thinking about actually asking her out for coffee I started to have doubts and wondered "do I have the time?" And is pursuing someone outside of my church realistic? Important questions, I truly believe.

What in my life would I be willing to give up, what commitments at church? Hmmm? Courting someone at church is simple because we would do things together there and would do things with mutual friends. Life would not change too drastically.

I want to make sure I am not talking myself out of pursuing someone outside of my church for the wrong reasons. I also want to make sure that if I do start approaching someone, I can follow through if she is interested.

Never knew hooking up could be so complicated. LOL!

Quote:

...or would you like to come to my place and see my butt light?

Seems like a reasonable offer, doen't it?

Quote:
..... or, hey, how do you feel about lime jello??
That would be for later "dates" taking her to see my friends.

I guess this continues to be a learning process.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Actually, C2, I think dating someone outside of church is a good idea. That way, if things don't work out you don't have those yucky feelings to deal with when you see her weekly at church. I never dated anyone from where I worked for that reason.

So ask her out!!! And, let that butt light shine!!!

W
W
Originally Posted By: Committed2Him
As I started thinking about actually asking her out for coffee I started to have doubts and wondered "do I have the time?" And is pursuing someone outside of my church realistic? Important questions, I truly believe.

I agree with Qoe, very good advice. You won't know if you're ready to date until you do it. So do it - stick your toe in the water. Then listen to your gut. You'll know where you're supposed to go.

AO

OP Offline
Quote:
That way, if things don't work out you don't have those yucky feelings
I am SO into avoiding yuky feelings these days. ;\) (Jill, as always, you are a wordsmith, luv ya)

So far the only one having doubts (overthinking) was your truly. I would likely give the same advice to someone in my situation. Also, since the business tie is cut, worst thing that can happen is she says, "thank you but no thank you" how can that sting compared to ILYBINILWY?

Ok, lets see...my calendar looks free for...September \:o

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
chicken watch...day 2

still no sight of super chicken, just those dumb foster farms rejects present.

So my best friend agreed, "what have you got to lose" so I was looking for a response to the friendly email I sent when PBC (potential busienss client) indicated she was going another direction. If there is no response, I believe I'll call out to Super Chicken and approach her, more than likely.

In truth I have not prayed and so I will. Even in having not prayed, but then praying and then likely approaching her, if God does NOT want me to have a friendship or maybe a R wiht her, He will close the door pretty quickly.

We'll see.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
R
R
You are right...it will either work, or it won't. What is to be chicken about?

C2, you are awesome. The right one will know that pretty quickly, too.

OP Offline
Donna,

Thank you for your kind comments \:\) They led me to the following thoughts:

Thoughts "Rejection"

Just now it came to me that the rejection by our spouses likely makes us a little hesitant to risk being hurt again. There are some lessons we gained by going through DBing:

(disclaimer: there were legitimate reasons our spouses drifted and, hopefully, we have learned about ourselve enough to address those issues for our own growth, indedpendent of "hooking up.")

"You don't make me happy" - Our spouses frequently left the marriage because they were trying to fill a void, an unhappiness in their lives that likely neeeded to be filled through their own becoming whole - one should not look for another to make themself "whole" nor should they look for another to "make them happy."(Just now in thinking about begging and pleading back then, just how satisfying would it really have been to tell our spouses, "heck, you sure aren't the on the Cover of 'Ideal Spouse' magazine either \:o LOL! \:D Alas, we were in survival mode but boy, to have a second crack at it.... As Glesaon would say, "how sweet it is!" )

"Rejection" by another, of our advances doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong wiht us, just that we are not a good fit for them and, if not a good fit for them, conversely, they would certainly not be a good fit for us. (Execptions, and there are many, if I were to slurp, pick my nose over a meal, make eye contact (with OTHER women) while on a date ... well then, I would deserve rejection due to "something definitely being wrong" with me.

So, as ya'll been saying, "go for it, chicken!" (ok, so I combined statements but that's what was meant"

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
A moment of praise before I forget:

Taxi C2H
I have been praying for time and connecting with my daughter. Last night, she asked me to be her taxi as she takes a summer community college course. It will only be a 10 minute ride BUT it will be 10 minutes 4 days a week for about 8 weeks or so. It didn’t hit me until this morning but when it did, it brought a joy to see this as answered prayer.

Coach C2H
During son's basketball season this past spring (8th grade), I was asked to coach his team for a game the coach was going to be absent. The coach has a quasi assistant coach who spoke with the head coach the day of the game and was conceding defeat (great motivator eh?)

We were huge underdogs, a star player was gone and we were missing another key player, clearly we were going down to everyone else but me.

Last night I found a couple of diagrams I sketched during the game and it reminded me of that game and OUR VICTORY!!! (After the game, I called the head coach and told him we won, missing the players we were missing and he said, "No Way!" lol \:\) )

Yep divorce SUCKS but there are many memories that came about because my life was turned upside down. My decision to work from home (earning next to nothing, wiping out my savings and likely losing my home) allowed me to be available to coach my son, be team "dad" go on field trips, attend all my daughters soccer games, travel etc, etc, etc.

I also know it accelerated my healing because of all the time I spent with my Lord, at His feet in His Word, cycling praying, communicating, and sooo much more.

Last night, after I dropped my daughter off from going to church with me (the first time going to mid week service in many months because of school, and practice obligations), I was really sad, just hating the fact she lives in another house.

My best friend was available to talk and pray with me.

This morning, it is all back into proper perspective. This is not the way I would have designed it but it is what it is and yet God has honored my desire to do the right thing, take the high road, etc. His healing has been slow and steady.

Again, I see that I am truly Blessed.

While typing this post, the following song played on my ipod, here are the lyrics and a link to the song:

He Knows My Name (I Have A Maker) - Paul Baloche
Quote:

I have a maker
He formed my heart,
before even time began
My life was in his hands

He knows my name
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call

I have a father,
he calls me his own
He'll never leave me,
no matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
and hears me when I call

He knows my name
and hears me when I call

He knows my name
And hears me when I call
He hears me when I call

I STILL love my life! \:D

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
C
hello handsome \:\) came here for a breath of fresh air, have a great day

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
C2, I just love you to pieces!!!! You have such a wonderful outlook and we can all learn from you.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard