Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
OP Offline
Hello friends,

OK, well it has been almost a week since I posted...not much on the news front. I had a wonderful National Holiday, which included a visit from DD who came home for the traditional block party and then a second party out in the country where we could see multiple fireworks from several cities around here. Cool!

Still looking for a job. A couple of interesting possibilities that I am on the line for, either one has pros and cons. But I won't know for a few more weeks yet, so still looking. I will be teaching one graduate level class this fall. I teach part time in a Master's program that is taught 75% online. The program is designed to have a strong cohesive cohort right from the start. The first 5 days are an intensive "retreat" so that everyone gets a strong sense of people's personalities and styles.

One of the problems with online communication is that the "face-to-face" element is missing. Without the moderating influence of visual and auditory clues and cues messages can easily get mis-interpreted and things can escalate rather quickly. Thus on e-mail lists we get "flame wars" and on forums like this one we get occasional dramatic flare ups...So when you don't know the people really well it helps to season every thing with a healthy grain of salt.

With the high cost of gas, and garbage in abundance, I think I might switch to one of these for my local commute!

Have a great day/week/month!
SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

K
kml Offline
K
LOL!!!!

Think they'd let me take a goatmobile on the freeway to my work???

Ellie

Originally Posted By: Survival_Goddess
With the high cost of gas, and garbage in abundance, I think I might switch to one of these for my local commute!

Ya know, that could be a lot of fun. You could dress it up for different occasions, make his outfits match yours, etc.

F
fig Offline
F
good luck on the job front

blech

i hate looking for jobs

OP Offline
Quote:
good luck on the job front

Thanks figgie!

and a BIG Congratulations to YOU! \:D

I am inspired by your willingness to move. I would like to stay put until my kids are done w/college which would be 2 more years, so that has limited me in some ways.

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
Hot and Smokey
It is HOT here in NorCal...the typical week of triple digit weather has begun. My house doesn't have AC...and 50 weeks out of the year it is quite comfortable. This week, however it has not. In a little bit I will be packing up the dog and heading to the coast where it is a more comfortable 80 degrees...and at least the air is clean!

There are over 1000 fires burning in California right now. The air is ORANGE and it scratches the back of my throat. Every evening the moon is glowing red and the sunsets, while spectacular, are tinged with an angry red. The heat, combined with the bad air has kind of encouraged me to lay low and stay indoors.

Later this Summer
The Ex is taking both kids on a trip to Iowa for the Bix which is a 7 mile race up and down some hills. He goes regularly, but the last time we took a vacation as a family, and the last time I saw many of my in laws was in 2003 when we all went to Iowa. I knew about the OW at that time and was "waiting on the curb" as we called it in MLC. In my MIL's guest room H held me before he left (he was returning to CA to get back to work) and told me "I choose you". I went on to Chicago with the kids and then met back w/ H at home in California. Six weeks later I found the rental application w/ both of their names on it, and he moved out.

It will be nice for the kids to see that side of the family. And it is nice for H to pay for the trip, given the price of tickets these days.

When DD was here she shared her pictures of H and his family from her trip over Christmas. H is the youngest of 11 children. Looking at them all (the 10 that are left, anyway) I had to admit to D that H was the best looking one. She agreed, but she noted that it is because he takes good care of himself, eats well and doesn't smoke and drink.

Not sure if I mentioned this before or not...When we D'd I was working a "big" job with an excellent income and I decided also for other reasons that I did not want spousal support. I did get the house, and that was a good deal for me. Since then I lost the "big" job and have been working part time at numerous jobs to make ends meet.

I was planning on dipping into savings this month when I got a surprise check from the H...for the amount of the mortgage. It really helped tremendously. I sent him a thank you note.

One of my girlfriends noted to me that Ex H is decent in many ways. He has MAJOR issues, but in general he has been pretty decent. So it goes.

So life goes on!
Hope that the air you breathe today is clean and clear!

SG

Survival Goddess

Quote:

I was planning on dipping into savings this month when I got a surprise check from the H...for the amount of the mortgage. It really helped tremendously. I sent him a thank you note.

One of my girlfriends noted to me that Ex H is decent in many ways. He has MAJOR issues, but in general he has been pretty decent. So it goes.

What a blessing! so cool. As for our X's "being decent" it is good to acknowledge that, I think it helps with the healing.

Quote:
Hope that the air you breathe today is clean and clear!
Yeah, right!

With love from Los Angeles

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
K
K
Quote:
I got a surprise check from the H

Wow SG thats great!
I have always thought as far as "decent" goes w/ these MLCers, yours was, well in the not too terribly bad column!
and heck if it helps you, terrific!

Watch the fires on TV, uggh. Hate seeing that, so far we've been spared but last year,Oct, was so bad, my sister was evacuated and it was very scary, she sent some amazing pics, and luckily their house was saved.
I hope all is ok where you are living.

Are you takin a break from dating? Any news on that front?

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Hello Friends!

I had a WONDERFUL day at the beach yesterday! The weather, the water and the company were perfect!

Warm up and watch surfers and people walking by and then cool off in the water play in the waves and body surf. Repeat as often as possible until time to go home! In between times get the wonder puppy used to salt water and splashing in the surf.

I went w/ my girlfriend and her Significant Other who had just had oral surgery the day before. He was on Vicondon and just wanted to doze off on a blanket...which was fine with us!

We got out of the terrible heat and smoke for a day...and on the way back visited my Son in SF. Poor guy is having roommate trouble and I hope he will be able to straighten it out on his own.

Today I have managed to stay indoors so far, but I realized I need to go to the bank. If I happen to get a milkshake while I am out, so be it!

Karen! Thanks for the visit! you ask:
Quote:
Are you takin a break from dating? Any news on that front?

Well, it appears so! I am on e-harmony and am not seeing much action At All. \:\(
My subscription runs out next month. I will not renew. Match hasn't worked for me either, and I am reluctant to get back on for various reasons. I have looked and it seems like there is the same bunch of guys on there who have been on since I first separated!

I actually don't miss dating at all, I have been busy with all my little trips and GFs and such, but it would be nice to have a man around! LOL!

Perhaps the UPS man will bring me just what I need!

Anyway, I hope everyone is keeping cool,

SG

Survival Goddess

OP Offline
Ha Ha Marriage!

Survival Goddess

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard