Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Life has returned to normal (whatever thet is LOL!) You really wouldn't know there was any thing wrong with our R
on the outside as a matter of fact it's great except for the lack of physicalness. Guess I shouldn't complain as the family continues to roll along, I feel a lot better
lovingly detaching and W respondes positively as well.
Think I was unwittly trying to manipulate the situation
with very negative results so must be patient and enjoy what I have for now. C.

Indeed, enjoy what you have. My brother used to tell me to count my blessings when I was always complaining about things. Didn't know what he meant until I lost most of what I had including my wife.

Gerard

Last edited by Gerard; 06/26/03 01:53 PM.

I'm divorcing her.
Hey, C....I didn't know you were over here this long!

You seem to be handling the sitch quite well. And it is good that you are grateful for what you have. I know that I would flip if my W accepted me into the family, even without the physical aspect.

Speaking of which: do you think she is in need of some therapy? It sure seems like it to me, certainly no expert. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to find out or how to get her to check that out. But I'm sure you've thought of it already.

You ready for your holiday, C? It's been a whole year since we've met on the bb. Who knows what another year will bring?

j, wishing you well....and an endless supply of aprons

OP Offline
Hi J Thanks for the visit. C is not an option and I respect
her thoughts, we went through MC years ago and she was a mess. I of course enjoyed it even though it was my fault at the time we were there, but that's me ,I talk too much and her not enough ,she internalizes everything till smoke starts coming out of her ears LOL!
Eventually (I hope) she will have to deal with things but it will have to be in her own time. Can only hope my kids don't deal with things the same way.
Gerard thanks for the visit. Yes I'm considering my self
fortunate for what I do have.
Any one know were I can get some salt peter though? LOL!
C.

Quote:

C is not an option and I respect
her thoughts,
I guess the ones who need it the most will refuse it....

It just seems to me that she is struggling with something too difficult for her to handle alone. Just a gut feeling, C.

I, too, am looking for some saltpeter...

j

OP Offline
J your absolutely right on, but she will not hear it from me, she is bound and determined to do this on her own (she has to anyway) trouble is it may take years for her to get
around to it. Hope I'm patient enough to be around in the end whatever she decides. I really think she has many childhood issues that haven't been dealt with (scary stuff believe me).
It only angers her if I suggest this so I won't in future. I don't stress my self worring about alien thought process any more,lifes pretty good for me right now so I'll be patient and continue to enjoy what I have. Hey hope your continuing to look after yourself and enjoying your children.
Families off to the lake this weekend and I'll have two weeks to myself looking forward to do some of MY projects for a change.
C.in his tool apron

Well, C....if she won't get help, she sure has a good guy by her side. One day she'll feel comfortable enough to share her feelings with you. You are building that trust day by day.

I'm learning from you, C.

j, in his student apron

OP Offline
Back from a couple of days at the lake had a scary/exciting evening at the lake last night.
There was a tornado warning issued and we were all awake to the wee hours of the morning awaiting the storm (which never came).The kids were buzzing, W was critical of way I dealt with oldest S (he was quite anxious as he was the one who learned of the warning) I took charge as usuall (she of course had no plan) and we now have a tornado plan in place for the family's usage regardless of who's at the cabin.
It amazes me how much she relies on me in certain situations ,and has already phoned to chat with me regarding oldest S job situation at the lake (5 hours after I've left). We had agreat weekend together at the lake (on the beach, at friends for drinks) I wonder when and if that break through will ever come? Patience,patience, 18 months and counting.C.

Quote:

I wonder when and if that break through will ever come? Patience,patience, 18 months and counting
IT will, C, it will.....

So is she away for awhile now? Is this the first time since last summer that you two will be 'separated'? If so, it will be interesting how she acts differently this year....

Hang in there, C.....Tighten up your apron and move forward!

j, rootin for you

Hey, C.....how's the 'Patient Man with the Apron' (PMA) doing these days?

I think I have to bring mine in for dry humor cleaning....

j

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard