Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
K
K
wooot wooot C2, so shes a nice lady?
This sounds promising!

LOL good ol dad trying to beat the kid at ball, aint gonna happen ya know C2, you are a wonderful dad tho, i so admire that about you! I smile when I read about your interactions w/ the kids.

and No ,no tbird here, how old do you think I am?? lol He may of taken the Datsun B210 away tho ha ha

Have a good one!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Karen,

"Possible Business Client" Seems really nice, we shall see. More importantly, it is exciting to ponder the possibilities. You, Jill and Bethie were posting to me from the beginning and so you've seen how I was focused on healing and staying clear of potential relationships. I am enjoying being open to what God might have for me. \:\)

Definitely deserving of a "wooot wooot" \:D

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
\:D

Happy 4th weekend!!

(Sorry for the length and detail but I desire to remember all the things God does in my life for it reminds me when I have "funky moments as the other day, just how truly rich my life is. Even as I write this post script after completing the post below, I am listeing to my Hawaiian music from my last missions trip )

Moments from a short bike ride, anxious to get to work! (Love my job, so much I WANT to do. As a praise reminder regarding this job: I needed a conventional job but was hesitant, God had a former business associate call me for only the second time in 2 years to ask me if I wanted to look at an opportunity he had...GOD gave me this job, I didn't even apply for it!!!! \:\) Praises go out, AGAIN, to my God)

Prayer
Mid week service was GREAT, AGAIN. My pastor and members of the church are on a crusie that traces the footsteps of the Apostle Paul on some of his missionary journeys through Greece and elsewhere. So we had a visiting bible professor come to speak, Dr. B. He gave an amazing study on PERSISTENT PRAYER, illustrating examples from the account of a non Jew petitioning the Lord, for her ill/possessed daughter. He paralleled that with the account of Jacob wrestling with "a man" (a christophany) for the lives of his family, that they be spared from the wrath of his brother Esau. Jacob was persistent and because of that, he was afflicted and forevermore walked with a limp BUT his family was saved. From there, his name was changed to Israel.

The take away was persistent prayer is modeled in the bible, ESPECIALLY when it comes to praying for our loved ones and family members (I prayed for my sister and her children for at least 14 years before my nephew and then my sister began desiring the things of God and subsequently returned to church).

Praying about Romania
Yesterday I felt God impress upon my heart the upcoming Romania trip in October. I felt He wanted me to go to the informational meeting after church and to let them know that I would be praying for them. I got side tracked with "Eddie," (see below) adn did not make it to that meeting. Later, after church a sister I know and respect but do not get too close to (emotionally, not physically) because I sense she is attracted to me mentioned something to me. We were in a circle saying goodbye to her best friend (see below, "Mexico Sister"). I felt strongly commpelled to ask the circle of friends if we could pray for Mexico Sister(MS) (including her daughters) so we did. Afterwarsd MS shared that her daughter (11) was feeling aprehensive and fearful and so I just porred out my heart and my knowledge to this little one on a level she could understand and would appreciate including telling her I was going to be praying for her (as would many in the church) ALL THE TIME. While I was oblivious to everyone, else the first sister I keep a respectful distance from was stanging next to me and approached me when I was done. She simply asked me if I had ever prayed about leading a group to Romania \:o I shared that I am on the prayer team for the ministry that is in Romania and so the people associated with the minsistry and their needs are regularly on my heart and in my praers.

This is how God works in my life. It will not simply be one conversation or one "urge" but God wil direct me in no uncertain terms if he has something for me in Romania this year or next. My life will never be boring! \:\)

The social aspect of church was amazing as well:

Eddie in the wheel chair (using his name so I remember to pray for him)
I saw him at a gas station and felt God telling me to approach him to share God's love with him. Turns out he attends my church but he comes and goes quickly and hardly knows anyone. I got his number and told him I would introduce him to men at the church. I sent him a text afterwards and looked for him after service several mid week services but had not seen him at church. Last night as service was closing I thought I saw him sitting accross the way but could not tell if it was him in his wheel chair or just someone sitting in a regular chair (everyone was standing and singing but this one guy was sitting and I could not tell). Midway through song, I realized it was not him but now knew God was telling me to go look for him so as soon as the song was over, I made a bee line for where he told me he usually sits and did so before the isles got really crowded. Low and behold there was Eddie rolling towards me. (This is how God directs my path, I cleave to Him, He impresses me with something or someone, I move in that direction and God meets me along the way)

He needed prayer for his body and so I cleared a path and brought him to one of my friends, an elder, who is in the prayer ministry. I asked him to come meet me aftewards and when he did, I introduced him to a number solid brothers and asked him if he might join us on Monday nights where we have a group of about 100 guys meeting to learn how to be accountable men in our christian walk/life.

Mexico Sister
Last night, I also got say "see you later" to a sister I have been praying for who is moving to Mexico for a month to see what God has for her. She REALLY feels drawn to move there permanently and so she is taking this step of faith. She is actually one of the ladies I mentioned above, someone I have just been wondering about, off and on for the last 20 months except I certainly knew I wasn't taking any action with anyone through 2007. We are really good friends and it would take God stirring both of us up for anything to transpire but in the meantime I have been faithfully praying for her since she first shared with our prayer group that God was directing her to move to Mexico. I will see her again because she is moving to the unoccupied women's shelter we own down in Mexico. It is a beautiful facility for battered women but the couple that was serving and living there moved and we have not had anyone step forward to serve there until now. Her faith inspires me!

PBC (Possible Business Client)
I can be in prayer about more than one woman I think the Lord may be showing me and so even as I mention the above sister who is going to Mexico, I am also praying about PBC. I sent her an email yesterday that was part personal and part business.

She is praying about a decision that affects her future and possibly becoming a client of ours. In our prior conversations she mentioned she had been praying to which I volunteered I would also pray for her. Well, yesterday I felt I needed to elaborate so I sent her a note. I shared that she is the first potential client I have offered to "pray for." The day before I let her know I take prayer very serriously and if I commit to pray for someone, I DO pray for them. I think I wanted to know it wasn't a flipant comment. I didn't want her to think I tell everyone I am going to pray for them. The note was complimentary to her but I was careful to be respectful and to stay this side of appearing to be pursuing her yet I know my interest in getting to know more about her is more than just for business purposes.

It is a fine line that I must walk because she chould become a client whom I will see regularly for nearly a year AND if this is not the woman God has for me, I need to make sure that neither of us will be uncomfortable in the future.

So far, so good.

\:\( Ok, so I typed past my riding time but this was a long but important post for me to reflect on down the road.

I will post more before the 4th but for those who will be back on the boards Happy 4th of July. For all our challenges and imperfections as a nation, this is still one of the greatest countries in world history and it is a privilege to be an American. \:D

Yours truly,

Yankee Doodle Dandy
(aka George \:\) )

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
Hey Yankee Doodle Dandy George C2!! LOL

You are just so adorable , i wanna string you up on my rear view mirror!! or something, Paula Abdul said it to David A on AI lol

I love reading about your new friend Eddie, how terrific is that! and you know, I know you do not live really in a small town as most of us in so cal dont, so if that wasnt meant to be I dont know what would be.

Have a great 4th, stay cool be safe ( and sane) and you are right, We may have our ups and downs but we are a pretty darn good country, I like England too but i'm prejudice lol

This Moment is your Life

C
C
I'm loaded with work today and can't log in at home!! grr. Just feeling horrible low and want to cry, pray for me C2H, (ok, so it's that time of the month), but still I feel specially bad, remembering how stbx deceived me last 4th of July to be with ow, and now he'll have no one to lie to, can have the whole freaking day with her 'til he has to work.

I have to make peace with ow in his live and my kids life, it's not mostly that I'm (grrr) jelous, is that he was so disgusted about her and now....

Well, I'm sorry for the hijack, but not able to post a new thread yet, plan a few fun things tomorrow with kids. But honestly , looking at how I was before he left last year, yikes! it was horrible! I was looking at old post, and it was just plain terrible how I used to walk in eggshells with a miserable man in my house.

hugs to all)))))))

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline
Quote:
Lord, please show cat how your peace can surpass anything she could have ever hoped to get from X. Help her to experience the peace and freedom that comes from living rightly with you and being FREE from one who made life difficult to enjoy. Help her to put the sadness of betrayal and the loss of a dream in to proper perspective and most of all help her to know how safe she really is in your arms. Amen

(((cat))) I will keep you in my prayers this weekend. I know it hurts but it will keep getting better, not I but the Lord promises it will be so. \:\)

Quote:
but still I feel specially bad, remembering how stbx deceived me last 4th of July to be with ow

As last night was coming to an end and my brother and I were leaving, we prayed and as we prayed, I was reminded that two years ago on the 4th of July, X had OM come over our house to suppposedly help fix the computer while I took the kids out to set off fireworks. \:o I can't believe I had forgotten about this until just last night.

I knew they were friends but did not know they were having an affair. X was moving out at the end of the month \:\( (she moved out 7/15 instead) but I was still hoping against hope for a miracle. Before the end of the July, he was spending weekends over her place when he kids were with me.Yep, the deception hurts even now BUT we must not allow ourselves to dwell on it.

Quote:
how I used to walk in eggshells with a miserable man in my house
been there, done that and who needs it?!

The memory of betrayal will always sting but as we train ourslelves to not dwell in that memory, it becomes easier to take capture of our thoughts.

The life I am now leading is FABULOUS! Absolutely AWESOME!!!! You definitely are on the right path \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
((( cat )))

saw your thread was locked. Its going to be ok cat it is.
4th is a little funny for me too, the 8th was bomb day, the 4th was the last time I saw my ex in laws. 6 yrs, and I am fine about it , but remember when something is brought up.

Its still new for you, but you sure are doing great! We are allowed to have down days , especially us women! \:\)
Please have a nice holiday w/ your booboos

This Moment is your Life

D
D
Have a great 4th of July C2H! That goes for everyone on this board as well. May God bless you this day.

d_o_c

The Final Chapter?
R
R
C2H, as always, a post to inspire us to look at the positives in our lives--they are plentiful.

Cat, KS, C2--what is it about this weekend? For me, the A was discovered and I tossed him out on 7/15 last year, day before S turned 12.

(((Cat))) Try to "move your mind," get on the positives of where you are today, and the fun that you will have with your kids. I finally get "fake it till you make it." Hard to be too down with a smile on your face--revel in the kids as much as you can.

OP Offline
Donna, how wierd is that? the 4th huh? You would think 2/14.

be back later, have to go give my homeless friend something for his bike.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard