Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
B
B
Ok neighbor now I am jealous lol! I love football, and you get to go see the STEELERS? LOL I have all kinds of steeler stuff! I go to a couple college games a year, KU of course lol! I really hope you have a wonderful time!
I am so glad you sung your song at church!! I used to do things like that when I was younger, may have to get back into that again! Theres a church in Valley Center, and I know the pastor, and really like him, and am considering him for my C. I hope you are feeling better now! And yes of course I would love to here about the stuff for health you told me about on my thread!
One thing diff about our lifes, is that we do lots of family things together, even thru all the rough bad times, we still family time. I want US time, that is one thing, that has pushed us to where we are today, no time for us, alone, unless it was bedtime. that is not quality time imho.
Are you ready for rain? Looks like Gustav is gonna dump on us for a few days! I dont know about ya'll down there, but we already have had so much rain this far into the year, that we are inches above our total rainfall for all of 2007!
Hugs to you and have a GREAT day!

M 36
XH 34
3 children
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. Mark 3:25
"your mood swings are giving me whiplash" twilight
ALIVE FREE AND HAPPY 2010

S
OP Offline
S
oh cool Baby! you like the steelers too?!??! I liked football before, but not so much until I met my H and he is a DIE HARD steeler fan. has the tattoo to prove it. 2 years ago he finally went to his first game in pitts, so he's been really excited to get back.

yes, you definitely need to talk to that pastor! I was kinda wondering if you were out near Valley Center. wouldn't it be crazy if we actually knew each other? that's probably very unlikely, but ya never know!

hey, if you want, I'll be up in Wichita the end of the month, and I can let you try the juice and see if you like it. if you go to my website for it and find out more and a contact email. http://www.mymonavie.com/crissy I really love it, and it's kept me from getting sick (except this last week, but it wasn't bad at all) for over a year. plus, I used to deal with horrible back pain for the last 15, and my back pain is practically gone now! my kids are way healthier now too, they used to get sick a lot from the kids at school, and now they're hardly ever sick. I know a TON of personal testimonies ranging from fybromyalgia, to sleep disorders, but back pain, lack of energy, and high blood pressure are the biggest ones I hear about.

anyways, thanks for posting! I'm not ready for rain yet, I'd still like to enjoy some more hot weather, we didn't swim much this year, but oh well, I love the rain too.

oh, and yes, you definitely need alone time with your H. the M is first important, then the family comes next. So many of us take a good R with our spouses for granted. I know I did.

hugs to you too!!!

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
B
B
LOL yes I love the steelers! have since I was a kid! one of the few here in kansas probably!!
ITs so wierd to have someone online actually know where valley center is! I live just north of there! LOL we are close in age, so who knows maybe we could have met before lol!
I am gonna check out your site, I did send you an email also from there real quick.
Time, he always has an excuse for time. he said I should be used to it now. guess i should.
oh well, i am back home, and back with my buds I truly missed lol!

M 36
XH 34
3 children
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. Mark 3:25

N
N
ST- Congrats on getting to sing your song!

It's great that you're going away together. Maybe you can read up on some of the previews of the NFL season so you will have something to add if/when you discuss football. What else interests him? Is there something that you could learn to love also?

A suggestion for family time: make one night a week game night or family activity night. Do any of your kids play sports (or they may be too young, sorry I forgot their ages)? Going to the games and practices together is another good way to get together as a family on a regular basis.

me- 42
H- 51
married 11 years
D-9, S-9, D-3

bomb 4/07
h moved out 8/07
h moved back 4/08

S
OP Offline
S
that is so ironic baby! I wish I had liked sports more as a kid...I feel like I just inherited the love for the steelers from my H, so I'm not a REAL fan. I do have a Ben jersey though. \:\)

I got your email and replied back. Have a wonderful week!!!

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
OP Offline
S
New, thanks for the post! those are great ideas. it's so hard just putting them to practice, you know? I had mentioned about 4 months ago, for us to have mom and dad time, just with one kid, and my H said okay, but it still hasn't happened yet. I need to be more proactive! if that's the right word.

My H actually coaches our s4 soccer team, our first practice was tonight, and then he's asst coaching and ref'ing our s10's flag football. it's really amazing, as I just emailed baby that there is NO way he would have done this pre-sitch, and that why I know that everyone has the ability to change!

So, I know we just need to buckle down and do something!

On my learning to love other things...this was something that I kinda felt our contribution to our R was off. I became involved with HIS friends, his love for sports, his music, his food wants, a lot of HIS stuff, but I really can't think of anything he has become involved with MY stuff. he doesn't go to church, even when I get to sing, last time said he would the next time, but this time it just happened to fall on his day to draft for fantasy football (I didn't get upset, and I understood- it sucked though) he would never step foot at a musical. hmmmm. what else do I do. guess maybe I don't do much, but that's how I've felt in the past. I used to let it really bother me and I was bitter, but I've really let that go, and I will always try not to fall into that trap of allowing myself to think that it is up to him to make me happy.

Sooooo, didn't mean to go off on THAT tangent. ;\)

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

B
B
LOL what is it with men and fantasy football? heheh thats what i missed last friday! ok sad, did i miss it that much, or miss seeing her see me and watching her squirm? lol We are going to do a family fantasy football league! just with us, I am so excited!! my kids get into it, H sets it up from work. I know how you feel about getting involved in his things, and he not with yours. Years ago we played lots of coed softball together, then we quit as he is so wrapped up in mens ball, and thru all our crap i still always go watch his games, and manage things for him. one thing I did for ME this year, was my best freind and I started a coed team. We played tournaments, and if we had a tournament, I played and didnt go to his. Next thing I know, he comes to play, and he put us in a league where the kids can even play with us, it sucks for me as i dont really feel like playing most of the time, but it sure made him look at me that I would do something as he said find something to do, so i did! He missed it he said. Maybe we both need to find some hobbies or something lol to get them involved with US! hehehe, I didnt read that as a tangent at all lol!

M 36
XH 34
3 children

B
B
Hey Girl, wanted to let you know that my best friend in Minnesota is sending me the book!! I am so pumped! oh and the OW? I forgot to tell you she goes to OK once a month, wish I knew where lol, you could scope her out lol!

M 36
XH 34
3 children

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: baby
you could scope her out lol!

wouldn't that be tempting!!!

that is really cool that you were in a league with your whole fam. are your kids all that old? my youngest is 4, so we probably couldn't do that for a while, but with my H coaching, that's kinda a family thing since I help out sometimes.

now are you talking about the for women only book? which book?

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

B
B
yes they are that old lol! oldest 16 youngest to be 12 on the 11 of this month! its awesome us all being together, somethign I TRY to no throw in his face altho its hard sometimes!

hehehehe yeah i wish u could scope her out, altho you would see her and go omfg, that cant be!! then smack H upside his head lol!

I got DB! she got be DB! woot woot!

M 36
XH 34
3 children

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard