Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
K
Pam is doing really good SG, we write occassinaly and she said she needs to come back but is busy w/work and the dogs .

I will tell her you asked, she will like that! \:\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

F
fig Offline
F
hey GS

my sweet baboo lives 4 and half hours away

i would walk it to see him

(no one puke...I hate that sentimental side of me sometimes)

but I would

barefoot even

OP Offline
Hey Figgie,

Four and a half hours isn't so bad...Might I ask how you met?

Summer jobs...

DD landed one that starts today. In a coffee shop...she called me at 7:30 am to ask me what to wear for her first day! \:\) Gotta love being a mom!

I will be working at the airport snack shop starting tomorrow. I am looking at it as a way to meet people and widen my circle of friends. The cash is secondary...altho helpful!

Still no word from the job of my dreams...need to take a page from figgie's book and apply to more other jobs. Well, there are a few other possibilities on the horizon. I want to hold out for the BEST one tho!

Have a great day you all. Summer solstice...longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere is coming up. Woo Hoo!

Gotta love those summer nights!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

F
fig Offline
F
My parents got married on the 21st because my dad said he wanted the longest day of the year to be the best day of his life

sometimes I hate my parents

I actually met my sweet baboo here

we were friends for awhile
lots in common

and

i guess it just sort of happened

there were lots of coincidences in our lives too

my uncle met his wife on an on-line dating site
they are the best matched people aside from my parents

and

my best friend met her guy at a dance class that she took by herself

T
T
Looks like I need to have more stuff crossed for you, S_G!

Have fun with your summer job. That is a cool way to meet people. There are some interesting people that hang at airports.

OP Offline
Quote:
There are some interesting people that hang at airports.

I am bringing my camera. Yesterday as I was being shown around I saw 3 parachutists land! Like, right there! In front of me!

One guy was walking around in his gear, with a video camera taped to his helmet.

Everyone seemed fit, and happy!

Starts early in the AM. Tonight I am going to see Young at Heart finally...

Should be fun!

Mr. Argo lost his Kong! Now I don't know how to distract him when I go away!

\:\(

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

T
T
Cool!

I am sure you will have lots of stories about the "interesting" people you see and meet.

Enjoy the show!( the young at heart one0 Okay well the show at the airport too!

Oh no! A lost Kong. Does he like any other chewie toys?

OP Offline
We found the Kong, the movie was great, and I am dead on my feet...

The great thing about the kong is that I can fill it with food, freeze it and then give it to the puppy when I leave. It distracts him when I go, and it is a puzzle for him to solve...(How do I get the food out?) Very glad we found it...there is still one other food puzzle toy that disappeared, but that is OK.

Went to see Young at Heart with my friend last night. A strange coincidence, (Not as strange as Barbie's black capri turquoise top incident, but whatever...) her son who just graduated used to go out w/ CG's daughter. I guess it is just really a small town.

I had a counseling session. The C thought that I have a habit of falling into relationships with people who are emotionally unavailable (EX, CG) because of the relationship w/ my mom. Of course I made the mistake of calling my mom "emotionally unavailable" to my sister, which sparked a whole meaningless debate w/ her about what exactly is the problem with Mom and Me. I tried to get out of it, knew it was a mistake the minute I opened my mouth, I just had mentioned it in reference to my patterns of behavior, and it really had nothing to do with mom, but oh well. We eventually got back to what I had hoped to talk about and then were able to go on...

Today I went to the airport, at 8:00 am to do my first food service shift in a VERY LONG TIME (Motherhood does not count!)
I thought I would be meeting people, but instead I was back in the kitchen making sandwiches and prepping salads. This was fine. It was fun, there was a 20 yo girl helping out and I did meet some people. This is a once a year situation and it is a good way to make some extra cash. I stood on my feet for 7 hours, kept busy and just generally filled in where ever help was needed. I think it was over 100 today, and this little trailer had NO AC! By the end of my shift I was beyond tired. I came home, took a shower and a nap, and now am ready to enjoy the shortest night of the year!

I think it has cooled off enough that I can take Argo for a nice long walk. I am skipping the party at the airport tonight...I have to be there again at 8:00...

Oh, and I did take a bunch of cool pictures...Saw several huge formation dives...woot!

SG

Survival Goddess

K
K
Hey SG
I think its great you are working at the airport, Always thought that would be a really fun place to work.

They will prob have you out more w/ the customers soon, you def have the perfect personality for it!

Being on your feet 7 hrs sux uh? lol yup, hence I am now looking for something where as I can at least sit part of the time!

have a super weekend!

Last edited by KarenMarieS; 06/21/08 04:24 AM.

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

K
kml Offline
K
Okay, so you had to work in the heat, but you had a great earworm stuck in your head while you did it:
"Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated "

\:\) \:\) \:\)

Ellie

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard