Just savin ya from page 2

Any news??

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

KarenMarieS #1480813 06/14/08 05:06 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Karen...

No news yet. Thanks for asking.

Spent the evening at the HS graduation. I knew about 1/4 of the graduating class!

Big fun.

Life is interesting...

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
I live fairly close to a large grocery store that also has a juice/coffee bar inside. I occasionally splurge on a non-fat latte to go...not too often since my inner tightwad hates spending $3.00 on something I can make at home, but once in a while it is a fun thing to do.

Recently the young man who fixed my coffee made my day. He rang me up, and I thanked him as I paid. He gave me my change, looked me right in the eyes, and said, "It's my pleasure!" This guy is probably in his 30s and fairly good looking. I was thrilled! I almost called my sister to tell her that this cute guy was flirting with me at the store! But I contained myself and went on my way.

Later that same day, I went back to the store to pick up some groceries. I walked by as that same gentleman was helping someone else. I then heard him say to her..."It's my pleasure!" \:o

Some weeks after that I was again at the coffee bar, this time with my neighbor girlfriend. This same young man helped us with our smoothies. After we left, she told me that he helped her one time and also said, "It's my pleasure!" to her! She thought he was flirting with her, too!

The other night I told this story to my Thursday night girlfriend group. They thought that he was like a self-esteem angel, spreading joy to women every time chance he could. Ha ha!

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

N
N
Originally Posted By: Survival_Goddess
I live fairly close to a large grocery store that also has a juice/coffee bar inside. I occasionally splurge on a non-fat latte to go...not too often since my inner tightwad hates spending $3.00 on something I can make at home, but once in a while it is a fun thing to do.

Recently the young man who fixed my coffee made my day. He rang me up, and I thanked him as I paid. He gave me my change, looked me right in the eyes, and said, "It's my pleasure!" This guy is probably in his 30s and fairly good looking. I was thrilled! I almost called my sister to tell her that this cute guy was flirting with me at the store! But I contained myself and went on my way.

Later that same day, I went back to the store to pick up some groceries. I walked by as that same gentleman was helping someone else. I then heard him say to her..."It's my pleasure!" \:o

Some weeks after that I was again at the coffee bar, this time with my neighbor girlfriend. This same young man helped us with our smoothies. After we left, she told me that he helped her one time and also said, "It's my pleasure!" to her! She thought he was flirting with her, too!

The other night I told this story to my Thursday night girlfriend group. They thought that he was like a self-esteem angel, spreading joy to women every time chance he could. Ha ha!

SG,

It sounds like he may have worked at Chick-fil-A; they are all trained to say that......

Take Care,

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
OP Offline
Quote:
It sounds like he may have worked at Chick-fil-A;

...you better be careful...this sounds a little like raunch and Debauchery to me! \:o

Survival Goddess

P
P
Hee hee! \:D

A couple of years ago there was a male model for Abercrombie outside the Abercrombie store at our local mall - the type of face and body you seen in magazines but no one really believes exists in real life. Yes he was shirtless and in blue jeans...

As I walked into the store, he made eye contact, flashed this huge smile and said Hello. Yes - that is what he is paid to do. And his purpose for standing in front of the store is to make women weak in the knees - and shop at that store.

And well it worked! It is fun to pretend that that smile and Hello was just for me! LOL! And yes, I walked into the store and back out again - just so I got another smile and Hello! \:o

take care,
AG

OP Offline
Hi AG...It is nice when those big corporate clothing stores provide us with eye candy, isn't it? \:D

Just pulling up from page two...

I am still waiting to hear from that job...tho I guess it is typical for these things to take a LONG time...I have heard that 30 days would be within reason. So seven down, 23 to go!

Last Saturday night
I went to a very fun party in the City...A great friend turned 40...I have known him since he was 21! He used to babysit my kids when they were 2 and 3...

The party was a lot of fun. But the really neat thing was that I stayed with my son! He was the perfect host, came to the party with us, fit right in with his storytelling and charm. In the morning the next day we went for breakfast and then I drove the 90 miles home.

Knowing this friend (and a whole group of his friends as well) was very affirming for me as my own kids have started college and started leaving the nest. It has been good for me to see this group of people make their way in the world, make their own mistakes and struggle through relationships and career choices but then eventually come up on top.

Speaking of friends......A very good friend of mine, who was a BIG help to me as I recovered from the 3 bombs that were hurled in my direction...is having some health problems. She was/is my massage therapist and I HIGHLY recommend anyone going through stressful trauma to get some good self-care by getting a massage. Depending on the state of your marriage at the time of the bomb, you probably were used to having at least some regular human touch in your life. It is really healing and good for you on many levels to get massaged...

Anyway, my MT friend was one of my rocks during that difficult time. Last week she called me and asked me to help her, she was very weak, ill, vertigo, nausea etc. This had been going on for 5 weeks! I did go over and have lunch w/her. It was shocking because she is/was one of the fittest people I know, older than me, yogini for 30 years, strong, etc. Of course I am praying for her recovery.

Fathers Day came and went. My own Dad has passed on about 6 years ago, so that was sad. Ex...well I didn't talk to him, I was busy driving and with son. I think both kids did end up talking to him. He actually was a great dad when the kids were little. He has been an OK dad lately. He gives them money when they need it. Which is good. He does lack a little in the empathy dept. tho! LOL!

Somebody gave my daughter an older, but in good condition Jeep Cherokee. While she was running around getting it smogged and registered she was constantly calling me with questions. At one point she called me and asked me a question that the DMV would only know. I said, "Call the DMV...I don't know that answer" and she said, "Oh, OK mom, I just thought I would try you because it has always worked before!"

Mr. Argo is patiently staring at me with his big brown eyes ready for a nice run...So off to shower and get ready for the day....

I love summer! It is 9:30!

LOL

SG

Survival Goddess

F
fig Offline
F
Hey SG...you sound great!!!

thats really all I have to say

praying for yoru friend

OP Offline
Hey figgie!

Right back at 'cha!

Your summer gig sounds great. This is the first summer I haven't done something in a LONG time.

sigh.

But I do get to see the kids out and about. And that is good.

SG

Survival Goddess

OP Offline
Well we must be a bit more active on this forum...just one day and already on page 2!

Today I am going to get some stuff scratched off my list...and then also will do a little dog training with the Argo boy...

Speaking of dogs, has anyone been in touch w/ MS. PLUKE?

Wonder how she is doing with her health and all.

I have a couple of nibbles on e-harmony. One is about 4 hours away, which brings up some interesting questions. How far are you willing to travel to find true love?

This dating process is interesting to say the least. I have come to the conclusion that I need to put myself "out there" more and be more "open" in general.

One of my girlfriends...one of the Thursday night dinner group...was D after a very long marriage...like many of us here. She was married for over 30 years. She is in her 60s and very shy, and very alone.

For her it is a challenge to engage with the crowd at Starbucks...just speaking out loud to strangers is a challenge.

We are in a time when so many of us are in transition. After the devastation of the D comes the growth of rebuilding.

Speaking of devastation my prayers are out for the people in the Midwest who are dealing with the floods. We have the opposite problem here. It reminds me of a wonderful poem I read the other day. Link here.

Survival Goddess

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard