Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: hopeforfuture
So as this relates to the OG - I am still bitter. And suspicious. And believe that whatever happened there still weighs heavily on your mind and in your heart. I still don't think the break from him and time spent on us was long enough. I still don't think that there was enough distance. I don't think we gave it enough time. I don't think you really let go. I read much more that I really should have seen. Too much crap that is burned into my brain that i will not forget. If these memories still haunt me, I can only imagine that you still feel the emotions.

I've been thinking about the past couple of weeks and going through some of my recent posts. This one comment of mine has been bothering me a bit and I just wanted to clarify. I'm not sure if Mo2C is even reading the boards anymore, but I just wanted to get it out there.

The comments about the memories haunting me and not being able to forget...

I didn't want this to come across as that I would never forgive. I could, and for a couple of months there, I was. When it seemed like we were working on things, I didn't think about the hurt. I just focused on the good. I guess I just wanted to say that if part of Mo2C's reason for wanting to be separated is her fear of my never forgiving...

I could.

I just wanted to get that out there. I wouldn't want her fear about my feelings be a reason for being afraid to work on things, or being afraid of the outcome. I'm posting this here because I really don't see us having any R talks anytime soon. We've been speaking infrequently and only about the kids.

Now that I have that off my chest, I have been doing pretty well. Enjoying both my time alone and my time with the kids. We just went to a minor league baseball game last night. The kids and I had a great time. My son even caught (almost with his head) a foul ball. He was ecstatic. Since it was a minor league stadium in a rural area, it was very reasonable on my wallet. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't have to empty the checking account to get us snacks.

Have a good week all.

M39
W37
M14
K 10 8
Bomb 7/07
S 4/08
D 6/09

1st
2nd
D
D
Hey Hff,

I do think sometimes our Spouses worry about forgiving / trusting more than we do. I know My W does not think I could ever trust her again. But like you I could. As long as we are transparent. One thing I always told my kids was think of me as trusting NOT stupid.
Glad things are going 'ok" for ya. I am feeling a little lonely right now. It's hard when you have so much to say and nobody to say it to. I don't know what is worst. Your sitch in which the family knows what is going on and will need to build trust in your W again or mine that NOBODY knows what is going on and I have no one to talk to.
Well I did not log on to talk about me. I was thinking about writing Mo2C. Just a note to say hi and see how things are going. Don't know if she will respond. Well have a good day buddy. My time is coming.
H

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
H
OP Offline
H
Hey all,
It's been a few days since I've checked up on the threads and about two weeks since I've last posted. Problem is, I come on here and read the others situations and it just generally gets me down. So I just wanted to come on here and give a little update. Might be my last for awhile...

I've really been getting accustomed to living without the W and am really enjoying myself. I went to my 20 year HS reunion this past weekend and had a blast. When the invites first went out, I updated my personal info as being married, but obviously went as separated. I was speaking to one of my old friends the other night and she mentioned that I was the guy all the single or divorced ladies were asking about. Definitely a great night for the PMA. Really enjoyed reconnecting with everyone - even those that I didn't have that close of a relationship with.

So I think I'm going to stop posting here unless something drastically changes. Good luck to all of you. Just remember that whichever direction it goes, things will be good. Make yourself happy and enjoy life and family.

Last edited by hopeforfuture; 06/19/08 04:25 PM.

M39
W37
M14
K 10 8
Bomb 7/07
S 4/08
D 6/09

1st
2nd
H
OP Offline
H
I came across this science article that I just needed to post here. This perfectly explains the demise of my marriage. LOL. The title of the article is "The Pill Makes Women Pick Bad Mates". http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/2008...poAqjls7gv737YB

It all makes perfect sense!! When we first met, W was on the pill. After our second child, she switched to an IUD type of birth control. That coincides (I believe) with when things started going south with the relationship.

Hmmmm. Interesting idea isn't it?

M39
W37
M14
K 10 8
Bomb 7/07
S 4/08
D 6/09

1st
2nd
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis