Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
P
P
Hey Briget:

Quote:
So any ideas how to stop being one of the guys.I hear this enough from my female friends to know there has to be a grain of truth to it.

I have no idea!

I just got back from a 4 day conference with roughly 4000-5000 people - 99% of them men. Most of them successful and many of them attractive - I think... Alcohol was flowing freely - men everywhere. I am sure some of them were single.

I have no idea how to flirt. I talked and talked to people. I didn't dress as a man at the conference. Men seem to be a little afraid of me as well...

And when I returned - I realized that I viewed all these men as asexual people. I am wondering what it will take for me to be interested in someone as a a member of the opposite sex.

Yet - I too am feeling a little lonely these days... What a quandry. Let me know if you figure this one out!

take care,
AG

F
F
Quote:

I need to figure out what I what kind of life I want when all my children leave.

This is my GF's train of thought, too. My beef with it is, what about now? Does that mean no living until several years from now? I know that life is busy with kids, work, etc..., but what about all the learning about yourself for your future that you could be accomplishing in those years?

In terms of dating, my suggestion is to just be yourself, Brig. Stay genuine and you'll draw the right one.

Take care,

FL

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi FL.

Originally Posted By: FiatLux
Quote:

I need to figure out what I what kind of life I want when all my children leave.

This is my GF's train of thought, too. My beef with it is, what about now? Does that mean no living until several years from now? I know that life is busy with kids, work, etc..., but what about all the learning about yourself for your future that you could be accomplishing in those years?

Hi FL,

Right now I'm living the life I want at this moment.But life is ever changing and there will come a time when I won't have the kids here all the time.So what will I do with that free time.

Travel? Maybe.Most likely.I love the idea of traveling.I even like to travel alone.

Maybe finally turn to pro pool.Sounds nice.As you may have figured out I'm a really good pool player and I really love the game.

I live a wonderful life right now.Well right now I have a bit of drama.And I thrive on drama.

Hi everyone.

A lot has happened in the last few days.I was going to post it before but I saw a bit of drama on the board and just waited til it ended.I wanted to post it when everyone was more focused on calm.

My D21 moved back in this week.She is pregnant and has left her husband.He was threatening her and that was just not good for her.

Now he is sending her text messages saying over and over abortion abortion.He just keeps texting her this same thing over and over.And everyonce and a while he will text her saying I hope you don't die in a firey car crash when your driving to your boyfriend.She doesn't have a boyfriend.He husband is very jealous.I'm a bit scared for her.I have a few friends lined up to send her to that he can't find her.

She has brought 3 kittens and a dog with her.I love kittens.However I am having an allergic reaction to them and can hardly breath out of my nose and I'm sneezing a lot.Not fun! But I don't want her to go back to him so I'm not complaining.She is sleeping on the couch and my son has taken to the floor.

I'm tired.She doesn't have a job.And nothing lined up.Her H says he is going to take the baby away from her.He has money.I'm not really worried about that.I'm sure his behavior will make that a nonissue.

One of the kittys got into some pink paint and he is covered in it.We have tried everything to get him clean.Nothing worked.That has to wear off.Poor thing.

I'm tired and don't really have much time.I have to work in the morning and should go to bed.But I know I won't be able to sleep.

I sure am glad I can come to this board and have a sounding board.I need ideas as to what to do for D21.I know just being there for her is the most important.But with my finances the way they are I'm in no postion to help her with money.

I hate this.But what else can I do.

Later Friends
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
K
K
Wow Brig
I am so sorry, your poor daughter, she does not need this especially when she is pregnant! how is she handling it all??

Have you been to the police, this is beyond harrassment its a def threat! Does she still have the TMs? Brig I would be getting the police involved, whether he is "just" trying to scare her or not thats not funny.

What a dumbAzz anyway, how did she get pregnant, magic fairy dust? what a lousebag!

I hope you guys get some protection, this needs to stop!

I hope you feel better w/ your allergies, I can relate I am allergic to other peoples cats! they have something at pet stores its a lotion you put on the cats, it helps control the dander, that may help

Stay in touch!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Karen,

The police know all about it.We called and had an officer come out and talk to us.Basically if he is just threatening they can't do anything.But if he shows up here they can arrest him.

They said she should get a restrainging order.But she didn't.
We haven't seen him.

So here is my problem.She is a real slob.She has brought these cats to my little apartment.They won't use the litter box.I'm going around cleaning up after them.And I'm allergic.Not to mention I'm OCD so I'm having a hard time with germs right now.I'm in a state of panic a good portion of the time.I can't handle this kind of stuff.

I have to get rid of these cats but I'm afraid if I tell her to get rid of them she will go back to the ex.She is so confused right now.And very attached to these kittens.

How do I tell her without getting her more upset.I feel like I"m going to have to be harsh with her to get her to pull it together.She needs to get it together.She has a baby on the way.She doesn't have much time.7 months is not that long.

What do I do?

Later Friends
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
Briget,
No way around it, you "have" to find homes for the animals. The situation is stressful enough without having to feel sick and clean up the animal's messes. Also, isn't there a woman's shelter near by that can help your D? If she's being threatened, they can take her in. Also, in time, they'll help her find a job, home, health care, etc.

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi all,

Well things are going good here in my little world.D21 hasn't heard a thing from her H since yesterday.I'm sure that won't last.But for now it's quiet.

She is taking the kitty's to my sisters in the morning.Sister lives out in the country and won't notice a few more animals.LOL I'm a city girl and can't stand this.LOL

I had a few friends over for dinner.I made roasted chicken ,fresh green beans,brown rice and a salad.Dinner was awesome.We had a bit to much wine.I'm sure my nose is red.But we had fun.

Life is so wonderful.I never would have thought that I would be this happy again.All those years ago when the ex left I thought that was the end.Who knew!!

I have never been happier than I am right at this moment.The days were long but the years were short.I'm past the pain.Well most of the ways.LOL

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi all,

Got drama in my life again.Not my D21 things are better there.She is taking the kitties away tonight.

My best friend and her bf broke up again.They are just not a good match.He is a nut.He has been calling my phone at all hours of the night trying to find out where she is.Like I flippin know where she is a three in the morning.I would think her bed.But since she isn't answering her phone he tries me.I have not answered my phone.So now he is calling D21 to see if she knows.

I called him today and warned him off.He damn well better not call tonight.If he does I'm not going to be happy.I need my sleep and I'm getting cranky.

Speaking of cranky I have decided to cut the drinking out.I have been doing to much of it and I'm kinda worried I may become addicted if I don't stop.I noticed I drink when I have a panic attack and that is not a good way to deal with that.So I'm off to the Dr. next week to see if he can give me something for the panic attacks.I have been having them more often than usual.

That and I really don't need to drink so much.Social is ok.But a glass every night is not good.

I'm haven't beed sleeping well for about a month.I have so much stress in my life.I need to take a break from it all.But right now I can't find the time,money or energy.I need some self care.

Well off to bed.

Later Friends
Briget

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi all,

So I'm watching the news.I just saw an awesome story.There is this lawn company that is giving away free lawn care to single moms.When someone signs a contract they give free lawn care to a single mom.

Where was this man when I owned a house.Good lookin man to.But he had a ring on his finger.LOL

Later Friends
Briget

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi all,

I saw something today that made me just plain glad I don't have a man in my life right now.

I was at work on break.Eating my double hamburger that I said I would not get when this couple came in.The wife was wearing a pair of white short.They were not short at all.I would wear them to a church picnic.Well when they came in someone looked at her.Not in a sexual kind of way.But the husband turned to her and told her to go to the car and get the pair of pants that he put in the car for her.

She told him she didn't want to wear the pants.He give her this look that ran chills down my spine and said I didn't ask you what you wanted.Do what I told you.

And she did!!! I just wanted to tell her not to do it.But of course I couldn't.That would have caused her more trouble.

Now that I'm older I would never put up with that.I would have compomised.I would have went into the bathroom and took off the shorts.I just wouldn't put the pants on.Yup I would have come out in my undies.

I felt so bad for the lady.I hope she one day learns her worth and never lets a man treat her like that again.

Later Friends
Briget

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard