Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
S
S
Mike, your day sounded really great. The bike ride sounds AMAZING ! I'm so jealous. I'd love to do that.

Have a great one.

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
G
G
Hope the weather holds out for you to get on the bike. It was supposed to clear up here but it still looks pretty wet out there. The grass is getting long too. I hope it dries out enough for me to mow later this afternoon.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: Racefan
Mike I am really glad you had a good day with D. My guess Tenn. is really beautiful this time of year, with everything blooming. The fossil museum sounds really cool.

Another good interaction evening with wife thats 3 days in a row that I can count this week good for you keep it brother.

Iam impressed with the turtle you are just a teddybear! By the sounds of it maybe some brownie points?

Keep the path bro

Peace be in your heart

Brian

Yes, I knew the turtle would work well for me. W is an animal lover so I played into her hand a bit with that. W is a nurturer.
th week's not over yet.she will see her mom today and her mood may change a bit after that.

E
OP Offline
E
Today's update--up early to my D yelling "daddy, you need to get up"..downstairs and D is all over me showing lots of affection. I see W taking all that in..it's gotta have an effect on W. Wanted to bike ride but the weather forecast was calling for 80% chance of rain. I wussed out on the ride.Had a bad bike wreck in 2005 on wet pavement that resulted in surgery and pins in my left hand and some serious road rash all over my body..had a helmet on or it would have killed me..anyway..I rode the weed eater and lawn mower most of the day. The rain never came so I missed a good riding opportunity. W went to see her mom with D and she came back in a surprisingly good mood..I suggested to the W that we take D down to the little spring branch on our property to hunt salamanders and crawdads (crayfish)...W agreed and we had a good time in the branch..the dog got soaked so W said she would clean dog up if I get D..So I take D across the road to look at the fish in the pond.

D and I come back..W takes D while I shower then she makes dinner..It''s ready when I get out of shower and I join them at the table to eat. I clean dishes after the meal..W chills on the couch..we play with D a bit then all in bed around 9:30..

I did catch my W with one of those looks in her eyes again..like she is thinking about something..she of course says she is thinking of nothing..so I said, "so when you get that long lost look in your eyes, then you're thinking of nothing?? I'm curious?" She once again said, "nothing"

I have MC on Wednesday@4:00...I reserved a ticket to see a Storyteller at the International Storytelling Center on Wednesday @2:00..gonna see Bill Lepp--you can google him..he is a great storyteller, very funny..I've seen him before..It will be fun. Told the W I was going..did not seem interested. Also told her about the MC appointment..

W asked me if it was alright if she took D to Hilton Head next weekend to see her best friend, if she could afford it..She's worried about gas money..I told her not to worry about the gas and that I would help her out with it and that sounded good to me..I'm playing golf on Friday and Sunday and gonna get a bike ride in there also..will probably get back over there to help my BIL work on that house a little more too.

That's it sports fans..the yard looks great and I feel really good..not much else to report.

Racefan and Gforce--your threads are locked..Ping I miss ya man.

Sofaraway-I saw your response about "nice" on SC's thread..I know they don't stay that way...don't you think this is a bit odd?? Is this "normal" WAW behavior?? Or is there a "normal" WAW behavior?

J
J
M,
Don't want to get your hopes up but this all sounds pretty positive to me. Sorry if you mentionned this already...what is your W's LL? Is it quality time?
Maybe that look in her eyes is her thinking hmmmm...maybe M isn't as bad as I thought.

Keep plugging away..the fact that you feel really good will rub off on her.

A
A
Mike -Sounds a good weekend and maybe that weather forecast was a good omen. Meant you spent some quality family time there and got some chores done !!!

I don't think you need to get your hopes up, your where your at and know it's still baby steps.

My thread locked too, will post in a while as I tend to write on e-mail now and copy accross, saves losing it and closing window when boss starts coming over !!!

G
G
The ice is thawing, the glaciers are retreating. You are seeing a lot of positive signs. There will be setbacks along the way but you have given yourself a chance. Stay diligent and build on the progress you see. Keep bitterness and frustration out of your heart as best you can. I know you can!

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: john210
M,
Don't want to get your hopes up but this all sounds pretty positive to me. Sorry if you mentionned this already...what is your W's LL? Is it quality time?
Maybe that look in her eyes is her thinking hmmmm...maybe M isn't as bad as I thought.

Keep plugging away..the fact that you feel really good will rub off on her.

I thought it was QT and Affirmations..she says it is QT, Affirmations and Physical also..she thinks we all crave a little of each LL and I agree to some extent.

Nobody, or nothing is getting my hopes up..I'm realistic..I'm int he middle of a D. It could turn for better or worse on a dime. I'm gonna keep on doing what I'm doing. It's all good.

J
J
From what i've read. my guess is you are right on the QT. My W does not believe her LL is affirmation...there is no doubt in my mind. I agree however, that we all need a little of all the LLs.
QT is a tough one to DB on. You seem to be doing a great job..or let me rephrase that (alot of people do a great job with little results), your W seems to be responding to your changes.

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: john210
From what i've read. my guess is you are right on the QT. My W does not believe her LL is affirmation...there is no doubt in my mind. I agree however, that we all need a little of all the LLs.
QT is a tough one to DB on. You seem to be doing a great job..or let me rephrase that (alot of people do a great job with little results), your W seems to be responding to your changes.

I don't know. Still feel stuck a bit. I must be doing something right. There's just too much interaction. Of course I'm really not pressing anything at all. Just doing all I can do around the house and to help with D and help her out when possible. Trying to be very thoughtful and considerate. No pressure at all from me, no cards, no gifts, no begging,no R talk. Just trying to be fun loving. Just trying to be friends right now.

To be honest..I don't know what I'm doing. It seems to be working slowly, so I have not changed anything really. I really think that my W thinks her LL is affirmations more than QT, but she shows me it's QT by the way she acts when I ask her about her day and make small talk..she is really going into more detail about her day, more than she ever has.

I'm good-it's all good-it's gonna be OK.

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard