Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
kml #1466890 06/03/08 06:40 AM
Goddess, ;\) \:D

love your perspective! I also sense, our journey results in us handling the things of the former category with more patience and a more healthy perspective while also helping us to cherish the things of the later category with much more appreciation and gratitude, taking them not for granted.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Committed2Him #1467096 06/03/08 02:27 PM
F
fig Offline
F
I need to learn to make up menus!!!!

ugh

he is so good!!!

kml #1467098 06/03/08 02:29 PM
OP Offline
Hi Ellie,

Well, I guess I am glad I missed a total FLOG! LOL! Craigslist is great, also my DD has found furniture on the market place on Facebook...does your son have a space there?

I was in Emmeryville in the early afternoon, and then we all had dinner at my friend's aunt's house in Oakland, a beautiful custom home. The family is Chinese, so it was very Asian and had a lovely zen aesthetic. Very open and spacious. Tons of delicious home made food. But I was beat after driving to the bay area 2 times last weekend! and gas is about $4.50/gallon!

Hope your son is settling in and the roommate steps up to the plate more during the rest of their time together!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

Committed2Him #1467099 06/03/08 02:29 PM
OP Offline
Thanks C2H!

\:\)

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

SG, I knew you already knew felt the same way. Keep doin' what your doin' and sharing the good stuff with us. I just see so many good things happening around here and it is just encouraging to those who maybe lurk and wonder if it is ever going to get better for them. We know it can get better.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Committed2Him #1472358 06/07/08 05:53 PM
OP Offline
Hi C2H...

Sharing the good stuff...

Well, it has been 2 weeks since I got the boot from CG...and while it sometimes hurts a tiny bit (like today when I think how nice it was to cuddle and talk) I don't miss the schizo yoyo-ness of the way it was all going.

Had 2 nights out w/ girlfriends this week. An impromptu matinee to see the Visitor (AG if you haven't seen it, I recommend...) and then after the movie we had dinner. These friends are all part of a Divorce care group. While I never actually did the DC program, all of the others did. We meet just about weekly.

The following nite was the usual Thursday night hen fest. I feel that compared to most of these others I have really, really moved on. I hardly ever think of the ex. I am not filled with sorrow or anger when I do. Well, maybe a little anger. But no sadness. and I DEFINITELY do not MISS him AT ALL!

Most of my lady friends have been apart from their ex's for 5 years or more. 2 of them are in wonderful committed relationships. Yet they still seethe in anger when thinking about their exes. Oh Well...

I wanted to say something about things happening in just the right time.

I have an interview for a job that I really want, on Monday. All my current stuff runs out on the 13th...my last paychecks will be on July 1.

There are also 2 other pretty good nibbles...

How is that for timing!

\:D

Have a great weekend everybody!

SG

Survival Goddess

P
P
Hi SG!

Quote:
Well, it has been 2 weeks since I got the boot from CG...and while it sometimes hurts a tiny bit (like today when I think how nice it was to cuddle and talk) I don't miss the schizo yoyo-ness of the way it was all going.

I don't like the phrase "got the boot" - I would prefer "It's been 2 weeks since CG demonstrated a definite lack of capacity to appreciate a Goddess."

I googled The Visitor and it sounds great. No theaters are showing the movie w/in 30 miles of where I live... I have added it to my Netflix list.

Quote:
feel that compared to most of these others I have really, really moved on. I hardly ever think of the ex. I am not filled with sorrow or anger when I do. Well, maybe a little anger. But no sadness. and I DEFINITELY do not MISS him AT ALL!

That is exactly how I feel! There was a "moment" of nostalgia when I watched PS I Love You last night. The main character had met her H in Ireland while on a college trip. I had met The X while on spring break in Europe - and at the time it was very romantic - I had a "what if" moment. But it passed.

I think I would like a little romance in my life... It is kinda nice being pursued and adored...(by someone I find attractive)

Quote:
I have an interview for a job that I really want, on Monday. All my current stuff runs out on the 13th...my last paychecks will be on July 1.

So how did it go? And do you still like them?

take care,
AG

pat44 #1476659 06/11/08 05:09 AM
OP Offline
Hi AG!

Quote:
So how did it go? And do you still like them?

Thanks for asking! It went really well. Over 600 applied for this position. I have passed 2 hurdles so far. Waiting to hear if I get a second interview. And I not only still like them, I LOVE them!

I also really like this:

Quote:
CG demonstrated a definite lack of capacity to appreciate a Goddess.

Good to remember!

Happy Tuesday Evening!

This is the last week of school
in my area. I have been thinking of Figgy today because we are letting teachers go this year due to budget cuts and declining enrollment. As the on-site computer geek I get to help those who are leaving back up their lesson plans to CD or flash drive. It is a mixed bag emotionally. Some are stoic, while others are angry. Quite a few are able to fall back on a spouses' income, which is a problem for the rest of us who work in education and have to support ourselves.

Everyone is asking me
if I will be back in the fall. While I really enjoy what I do there, it is more of a token stipend than a reasonable salary for someone like me. In my perfect world I would be able to do a "real" job (the one I just interviewed for) and telecommute. This would free me up to work with the teachers at least a little bit.

I am on a little bit of a mission to try and meet new people as often as possible. I am finding the dog park to be a good place for that! LOL!

I am going to a party for a dear friend who turns 40 this week. Hard to believe, but he used to babysit my kids when they were 1 and 2, so I have known him 20 years! That is this weekend, and should be a lot of fun.

The quandry is that I will be staying overnight and I need doggie care. Hope to have that worked out soon.

I know a lot of high school students who are graduating on Friday. Also going to a grad party for a young man I have known for 17 of his 18 years.

Busy week! I hope I get a breather of a day or two before I start my new job!

SG

Survival Goddess

Originally Posted By: Survival_Goddess
Busy week! I hope I get a breather of a day or two before I start my new job!

Keeping all my extremities crossed for you, SG!!! Let us know how the 2nd interview goes.

qoe100 #1477091 06/11/08 04:50 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Queenie!

SG

Survival Goddess

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard