Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
KarenMarieS #1461277 05/29/08 01:48 PM
OP Offline
Thank you all SO MUCH!

It is amazing to me the support we get from the BB whenever we really need it. Thanks again each and every one of you...

And yes, at least my breasts are busy...but I wish they would quit it, already!

Speaking of "quit it"...

I got the boot from CG yesterday. This time it is for real. After a nice weekend, Saturday and Sunday dates, flowers on Sunday, lots of "future talk" during our date, things like getting the dogs together and doing various things in the un-specified future...he sent me an e-mail that in part said,

"I alluded to the fact that I'm somewhat emotionally broken. I don't know exactly how to fix that. When I was in therapy about 3 years ago, I talked about it and never came up with any solutions. And still don't have a clue as to how to change things. I don't want to do the therapy thing again because I just don't think it will do any good." ...and then "I think I frustrate you because you see some potential in me. I just feel like I disappoint all woman that I've gone out with since my divorce. Once I get to a somewhat serious stage I panic and bail. I'm just babbling on. Trying to explain myself.
"

So I called him and we talked a bit. The next day he sent me an e-mail saying that he had met someone a few weekends ago and wanted to pursue things with them. \:o

Well it hurt for a few minutes, but Girlfriend Therapy has helped immensely! I am ready to move on, and I will chalk this experience up to further preparing me for my Beloved!

The Girlfriend I spent the afternoon with yesterday is in a great relationship...but after her WAS left she was devastated, 3 kids, hard times, etc. She shared with me some of her dating stories before she met her new guy...She said, and I believe this is true, that the whole dating process allows one to learn about yourself and apply that knowledge to the next situation. As she said, "SG, you now have that one under your belt." She described the evolution of her dates as she gained more confidence and self esteem. And the guy she is with now worships the ground she walks on.

This same Girlfriend also pointed out a few things that she did not like about CG. A few little things about him that just jumped out at her, that I didn't even notice or care about.

Oh well. This so-called "relationship" was way too much work and drama. I don't mind dating a flawed man, because we are all flawed in some way. I DO mind it when someone won't take responsibility for their own growth and how they affect others.

The dates we had and the times we were actually together were quite enjoyable, however. So that part was good.

Just on to something better! Something worthy of a Goddess!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
Just on to something better! Something worthy of a Goddess!

Amen, girlfriend!!!

Ellie

kml #1461384 05/29/08 03:07 PM
F
fig Offline
F
he didn't deserve your beauty

find the one who does

and make all the other ones along the way pay for dinner!!!!

fig #1461414 05/29/08 03:40 PM
K
K
SG
You are so right! No one is perfect but man up and own it buddy!
Geeze and what, his way of "dumping" is giving a song and dance first, then you find out he was dating, well sorry for that woman, Too much drama for sure from him. I am sorry tho, cause I know it does hurt at least for a bit.

((( SG )))

Hey you have your health! and to me thats the most important thing about last week!!!

I met someone not long before B, and I really liked him, same thing, he was a yoyo- made future date plans, called then didnt--- well I went on my cruise, came back and he too gave me some story of him not being whole ( his D was 10 yrs old) and then it came out, yes he had met someone and while i was away decided to pursue, ok so SAY that. Here I was feeling sorry for him! eesh

Your life is full and great SG and if someone comes into it ,,lucky them!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Hi SG: I wanted to post to you last week but my cable got cut. I am in BC with my best friend and have a teeny bit of pc time.

She is a breast cancer survivor. Her ultrasound recently showed something and she had to undergo another biopsy. So similar. Yesterday I went with her to the surgeon. She had test results from both it a colonoscopy. All is great - it was so good to be with her for good news!

Anyway, hope all your news is good news. That sucks about CG but I LOVE your attitude! You are right - you deserve better and you will get it when the time is right. Keep your standards high. I fell really hard for someone and he treated me badly just before I met Josh. I was sure he was "the one". Turns out the one was waiting around the next corner. I had been devestated but picked myself up, dusted myself off and tried once more.

I just wanted to let you know today that I'm thinking about you. Get out for a walk - you never know who is waiting around the corner.

Hugs,

Barb

fig #1461909 05/29/08 07:20 PM
OP Offline
Hi Fig!

Thanks!

Quote:

at least CG did that! LOL! and I will never go "dutch" again!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

fig #1461914 05/29/08 07:24 PM
OP Offline
Hi Fig!

Thanks!

Quote:

at least CG did that! LOL! and I will never go "dutch" again!

SG

Survival Goddess

KarenMarieS #1461918 05/29/08 07:27 PM
OP Offline
Hi Karen!

I sorta remember that happening...It is all good and all for a reason. Yeah, and the best thing is that I am healthy and ready to put everything into my life I can to make it the best possible one for ME (and ARGO of course!)

I am scheduling a massage soon and it is back to the yoga mat for me as well.

Time to dust off those old DB GAL tricks and put them to use!

SG

Survival Goddess

F
fig Offline
F
you figgied

BarbieDoll #1461926 05/29/08 07:31 PM
OP Offline
Hi Barb!

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes. It is interesting to me that both you and Karen had a near miss before you met your current beaus. \:D

I am invited to work very part time at the snack bar at the local small airport. This is where my GF met her current BF. She says there are guys that come in from all over the world. Airplane owning guys. I just am ready to meet someone in "real life".

The e-harmony thing is not really catching on fire, but that is OK.

I hope the weather in BC isn't too cool for you. It has been a little cool here.

Take care,
SG

Survival Goddess

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard