Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
U
U
Hey doa-
I am happy that things are going so well for you. Hopefully you will find a way to pace yourself so you don't expect too much too soon. As in my sitch, sometimes things can go at a snails pace...so keeping those expectations at an absolute minimum is crutial.

Good luck and keep us posted.

<3
Upside

I
I
Yep take it slow...I know when my H starting his return it was hard not to want to jump back into the whole batch...but I could sense his fear...took it slow...

As for wanting to know things...even though you think you might be past that...when you are solid ground those things will come up for you...I think this is a natural course...when we feel safe we want to know...I have had most of my questions answered...a few remain even two years later...I am getting ready to put it all to rest...I figure I will know when the time is right to approach him...

Life can be wonderful again...build on a good foundation...create a bond of friendship...things will grow from there...

Take care...Lin

Happy and together
D
doa180 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks! I'm trying to think through when/if I put my wedding ring back on. My gut tells me not to mess things up right now, my heart tells me to put it back on when I see her again...

U
U
Hi doa-
Is your W wearing her ring? Maybe you should follow her lead. I will think about putting my ring back on if my H asks me to or if he starts to wear his again.

I am glad things are going well for you.

<3
Upside

D
doa180 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thnaks everybody!

W took hers off last summer and has not had it on since. I took mine off just a few months ago, and things started picking up for us since I did. I'm thinking letting her bring it up is best. She knows how I feel, and I just think if I show up with it on she will feel pressured.

D
doa180 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
We continue to march slowly forward. Getting some unsolicited communication from her, sharing more about her work, etc. Even had a 45 minute phone convo the other night. Probably haven't talked to her on the phone that long in 5 plus years.

Still fighting back the ily's, but am not doing too badly at it. We talked about when to put the house back on the market, and I said there is no need until we know more about what we might do long term. She has committments through early next year, and said it's not like we can sell the house in a month when that time approaches. In reality I think in my head I have moved from 0 expectations to very cautious optimism. I know that isn't good - but I can't help it...

J
J
If you can't help then you cannot help it.

:shrug:

Fight back the ILY's.

Let me tell you one of the best days I had was she said it to me after not hearing it for over a year.

I still smile when she says it. I still thank her.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
doa180 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yeah, I know... Working on the ily's constantly. I can believe what you mean about hearing it back for the first time.

I am just so excited that she is comng to spend a weekend alone with me. I want to talk about it every day with her -- but I have not! You know that old saying, "He can't stand prosperity." I keep that in my head...

J
J
The man who does not steel his heart,
To evil fates and fair;
Is crumbled by prosperity,
Like unbaked earthenware.

That one?

Ummmm, just how excited are you about her coming? And just what are you expecting on her trip there?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
doa180 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I think mine is the Yogi Berra version of yours...

I am probably too excited. I expect that she will confess how truly sorrry she is that we've been apart, and that she never wants to leave my side. Not really...

I am expecting a nice weekend without the pressure of kids or family, where we can spend some time alone and begin to reconnect emotionally. After that I don't really know what to expect. Everything that has been happening lately has all been so unexpected, but in a great way. I haven't felt any backsliding in terms of our ability to connect since we ml, and I really thought that I would.

I know she is so tired and stressed with working and dealing wiht the kids on her own, that I just want to provide a chance for her to rest and enjoy herself -- without any R pressure from me.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard