Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1456528 05/24/08 05:45 AM
OP Offline
Hello Friends,

Last thread here.

I had my biopsy on Thursday. About 7 years ago I also had six biopsies. That first experience was one of the worst of my life. It was that year or so in between "bombs"...I had discovered H's affair by checking the cache on the home computer. I was looking after my teenage son, never expected to see the list of suggestive e-mails from OGIRL. The shock sent me reeling, and I know many here can relate. Shortly after that I had my 6, 3 in each breast. The way I was treated by the radiologist's office was with as little compassion as you can imagine. I was shocked enough to have to go in for one, and they didn't tell me until I was there that I was going to have SIX! I was herded from room to room for each procedure or step of the procedure, and basically treated quite callously. That was on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so it is even more indelibly etched into my mind. *sigh*
That was the beginning of the end of my marriage, and in my mind I felt as if my heart had been pierced.

This last experience couldn't have been more different...in a good way. The office (different doctors, different health plan)was as nice as possible. They treated me with respect every step of the way, explained everything completely and even had me laughing during the procedure! My friend drove me there and spent the day with me, took me out to lunch afterwards. Then a different friend came over last night and cooked me dinner. Today a third friend accompanied me to the store, since I am not allowed to lift for a few days.

And I feel as if the two experiences have effectively bookended my divorce and my break up.

And I feel as if my heart is now open to possibilities, not being wounded by lies and deception.

And I feel a big change a-comin on.

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
Hey Ellie,

Got your e-mail and number. My internet is sporadic for now, but I will try again to send you something!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

K
K
SG!
I am so glad this last time was a better experiene for you, as it should be! Cant believe they would treat a patient/person like that! no excuse at all.

So you will be getting results soon?

I like the way you say it bookends your life before and after D,
I have realized this week, things do still come up , memories and we are still a work in progress, but in the end, now, its soooo much better isnt it?

Have a good weekend!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

KarenMarieS #1456714 05/24/08 04:09 PM
SG,
Saying a prayer for GREAT results!
sg

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
sgctxok #1456921 05/24/08 10:37 PM
SG, also praying for your results. \:\)

It just seems like a number of us are ready for some awesome things to happen in our lives and with those positive expectations, we seem to draw those things towards us.

We have seen how others, further along in their "surviving/thriving" phases have experienced really good things in their lives and so we know they will come.

Keep us posted.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Committed2Him #1457442 05/25/08 05:46 PM
OP Offline
Hello Friends, happy Sunday!

Well, I am still waiting on my results. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes! My doc left me a message on the machine, but he didn't leave any info! I am not sure if that is a good sign or a bad sign, it is putting me a little bit on edge.

Things are progressing nicely w/CG...He seems to be the one pursuing me...called me twice yesterday to see what I was doing, I was busy each time, but then we agreed to meet for drinks. He wanted me to call him when I was ready, and then I could meet him at the place. Well, I didn't realize he was already OUT! So when I had called him he was already back home. He invited me over, and we did that thing referred to in 98% of all match.com ads "cuddled on the couch while watching a movie"

He was very nice about my procedure...He said, "You could have told me...Did anyone go with you...I could have driven you...I'm sorry you're not feeling well...are you OK?...etc."

Tonight he is my date at a bbq. party...He will be meeting some of my friends for the first time! A little nervous. But very pleased. He is coming over to my house for drinks and appetizers first, then on to the party.

Hope everyone is enjoying the official start of summer. And let's remember those who have fallen in service to our country.

SG

Survival Goddess

K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
My doc left me a message on the machine, but he didn't leave any info! I am not sure if that is a good sign or a bad sign,

FWIW, SG, the new HIPAA rules make doctors squeamish about leaving messages on answering machines, should someone else take the messages off and hear something you didn't want them to hear.

Either way, if I see you next week I'll bring you some info on breast health and things you can do.

The new guy sounds like he might be a keeper!

Ellie

kml #1457517 05/25/08 06:58 PM
OP Offline
Hi Ellie,

Yeah, I totally understand about privacy issues. I remember, back in my "salad days" w/H I was a house cleaner. I was often surprised at the intimate/private messages that people would leave on the answering machine. I could hear every word! It was embarrassing sometimes.

I will try to make it Sunday. Will call you probably Friday to confirm.

SG

Survival Goddess

SG,
Sending positive thoughts for positive results your way!!!

Glad to hear things are moving along with CG. Gee, weren't you the one just a few months ago that was lamenting "never" finding someone you wanted to spend time with???? Doncha just love it when a plan comes together???

qoe100 #1457967 05/26/08 03:08 PM
F
fig Offline
F
SG...here's hoping for some marvelous results!!!!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard