Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
OP Offline
Wedding Day

Did not get a lot of sleep, still plenty to do but God is in control! Let you know how it goes. \:\)

P.S. Our missions team met for prayer last night for our upcoming trip in 6 DAYS, Yay! As we parted, I gave each of them a cd of christian hawaiian music that I compiled from a couple of artist. I love it when certain songs remind me of some special place or time and I wanted to share this opportunity to create special memories for this trip. They loved the surprise!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
C2H: YOU are a GEM! Your friends are lucky to know you. Good luck today with your responsibilities and and enjoy the time in that wonderful paradise.

Carpe Diem!

Barb

K
K
Oh C2,
can not wait to hear! Its a beautiful day for a ( white) wedding lol

What a thoughtful thing for you to do! Barbs right you are in the GEM catagory for sure!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
A Wedding Planner's Recap...

Have you ever been to a wedding where one thing after another goes wrong? Well, this was not one of those fiascos! Praise the Lord!

Because I knew of every detail, I was aware of deliverable timetables, over and under delivery of items, oversight and foresight, planned sequence of events versus actual sequence of events. The Wedding, from early morning preparation for the reception at the gallery, to the wedding, to the actual reception and clean up afterwards was a truly blessed event for those who participated.

The bride and groom were thrilled how everything flowed and they had an absolutely joyous time. Family member and friends commented to how wonderful the wedding and the reception were. Words cannot describe it and the wedding couple could not thank those who helped enough.

Before the wedding, being a groomsman, I shared a very special, private time with the groom, the best man and another groomsman. We laughed hard and we also spoke from the heart. Having been married and having learned plenty during and afterwards, I was able to offer sage advice to allay jitters and fears the groom was feeling.

During the Wedding, being a groomsman, I was able to have a elevated view of the bride as the doors to the church foyer was opened. I was later able to look at the bride as she gazed into the groom's eyes through the vows. When they were done and officially husband and wife, they chose to play a glorious version of "Oh Happy Day."

The reception was touching, fun and special in so many ways. All the traditional functions were incorporated and it was celebrated by more people than we thought would show up. Yes, I did get to dust off my disco dancing shoes and it was as fun as ever!

I was asked to play an important role, and in turn, was so blessed, soooo blessed in deed.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Awww, it sounds perfect!!!!

K
K
Quote:
Yes, I did get to dust off my disco dancing shoes and it was as fun as ever!

Yehhaww!! C2, you are MY kinda man! I bet you were soooo Travolta-ish!
Sounds like a wonderful ceremony!! How romantic!

Soooo whatcha doin in about 15 months?? lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Hmmm, has a "date" been set?

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Originally Posted By: Committed2Him
Hmmm, has a "date" been set?

Uh, no!!! She cannot set a date until I lose 10 more lbs!!!
If I'm going to have to wear some frilly, icky colored dress, at least I'm gonna be skinny!!! OK, make that 15 lbs!!!

C2,

You are AMAZING! I definitely think that K should put her wedding in your hands! Oh I can't wait!

So it sounded like a goodtime was had by all. How cool is that?

Jill,

What the heck are you eating that you can't lose 10lbs in 15 months? Besides, who's going to know what's under all those frills?

OP Offline
Jill,

not to worry, just as you are, you'll be like Bethie's monkey...HOT!

Just popping in for quickie, a "post and run." Finally got a little rest last night but was so exhaused but also excited because now I can focus on the Hawaii trip. Today Our team met at churh to prep for Vacation Bible School (VBS) which is a generic lable for anytime we do an outreach for kids (typically done during school vacation time). We prayed, discussed and prepped for crafts, talke about skits for the kids. They also labled me a "clown" so if we get permission from the shelter where the kids live, I will be dressed as a clown and will make balloon animals.

Best news of all... I haven't heard a peep from X, I think she is letting go, letting me live my own life. Funny that she is the latter of us two to get to this point.

I love my life!!!!!!

Oh, speaking of monkey's, I wore a monkey suit yesterday and got some raised eyebrows from some of the ladies at church (Our church is a "come as you are" very casual enviornment and so I am normally in short to show off my biking calves \:o ). I guess they didn't know this clown can clean up pretty well.

All in all, a very, very satisfying way to spend a Saturday. ;\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard