Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
OP Offline
yep cat, liked the idea. Even the professional one they get will be a whole different perspective. I hadn't thought about doing video during the ceremony but might do some of that too. Not the whole thing but shots here and there, who knows. If they want to see the ceremony, they can watch the professional video.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
Happy National Day of Prayer

People are gathering in churches of different denominations through out the country at noon and at other times to pray for our nation, it's leaders (nationally and locally), our military, first responders, Government at all levels, the youth, our young people, the schools and the list goes on and on.

In additon, I encourage all here who pray, to pray for each other. Prayer is a mighty, mighty weapon \:\)

Quote:
2 Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

I am praying for many of your situations.

May God bless each of you in some special way that you know it comes from Him. \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Awwwwwwwwwwww C2,

That was so nice. There was a really nice story in the paper today about how the churches have all come together today. It is a great thing to see that no matter what your Religion, our belief in the strength of prayer is something that we all share.

Love,
Bethie

K
K
ahhh C2
That is so very nice, thank you!
I didnt know this, then again I havent sat down for 5 mins today to watch the news.

I'm so glad we have you on the board C2, you are one in a million!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Thanks, C2, for reminding us of this. Seems I'm doing a lot of praying lately too.

C
C
yikes! I almost forgot!! what with all the nonsense of stbx and the loan, i'm glad at least you were praying extra today c2H)))))

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline
C2H, The Wedding Planner and...groomsman?

At the last minute a groomsman could not get released from work and had to drop out of the wedding. The groom asked me to step in at last night's wedding rehearsal. Originally I am thinking, I need to be free to keep things running smoothly and share this with him which he accepts. I think about it a bit and then ask him what he wanted and said he wanted me in the wedding from the start but deferred to my thinking I needed to stay out of the wedding party.

So, now I am in the wedding party!

God is so good!
So, I get to rehearse with the wedding party and I have my video camera with me through the whole rehearsal. I am not one for being serious so I am clowning around when I can, but serious when I need to be.

Rehearsal is over and I have to race to the tux shop before they close, make it with 7 minutes to spare. The Tux comes from their warehouse so they say Saturday in the morning for sure but maybe the next day (but I could see they were doubting it because it was closing time). Saturday will make things very difficult because I have duties in the morning before having to get to the church earlier than previously planned.

Today is fully dedicated to getting the outside area of the Art Gallery ready for the reception. Then, I get a call from the Tux shop, "the tux is in."

The timing is perfect as I have to drive in that direction and when I do try on the tux, it fits.

(just got a return call from the bride, was able to take something else off her plate, give her some surprise good news and to reassure her everything else was on track! Poor thing)

When I first started doing some of these duties, I was having resentment towards my X, just because of my extreme proximity to my first wedding since the D. In the time since, it has simply been a blessing to serve these very special people.

"Lord, I love the life you have given me!" \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
Whewww
C2, as fun as weddings are and I loved mine 24 yrs ago , i think my next will be a trip to Vegas! lol I remember the fun but at times the stress and worry! But it is a great day for everyone isnt it!!! You will be a wonderful groomsman! and I betcha you will make sure everything goes smooth. Its an honor being asked and I am sure your friend is happy to have you on board,,,,and just imagine C2, maybe you'll catch the garter and ya know what that means!!! oh yeaaaaaaaaaaa

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Quote:
make it with 7 minutes to spare.

Way to make a Gal nervous, C2H! Glad everything else worked out to the good.

Have fun at the big event.. ...Dance... and....do you have a good toast ready?

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

C2,
You're awesome!!!

Oh, btw, would you mind planning my D's wedding when the time comes??? I know she wants me to do "everything" and all I really care about is the dress, ya know. ;\)

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard