Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
OP Offline
Great ideas, thanks! any others, send them my way (some of my bachelor friends will likely call me... "Ummm whachoo getting? I dunno, whatchoo getting? ummmm I donno either... :confused : LOL!)

Ages: 28 her, 30 him. Not affluent (here on earth but many, many treasures in heaven)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
WOW!!!

Great suggestions! I like the gift certificate for dinner because I so believe in date nights to keep thing romantic, but all of the suggestions were good ones.

Picture frames are always good and as naej mentioned how much fun would it be to look back at all of the picture of things you might have missed that one of your guests caught.

Are they registered anywhere? You might want to ask them that question!

Love,
Bethie

Don't know if you have this in the states but what about a Family Bible, used to record their marriage, then births etc children etc, builds up a family tree to hand down to future generations.

Are they having a video of the day done? you could pay for that or offer to get one done-bit short notice now.

L
L
C2,

This might sound corney.... but I always liked the idea of planting a tree as a symbol of establishing roots. If they have property they aren't renting... then a nice flowering tree might be an option. Of course, you wouldn't want to bring the thing to the reception but maybe a tag or picture with a note and a nice scripture included ....

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
OP Offline
Thanks again for the suggestions, holding off on ordering the plunger to be engraved to make the final suggestion ;\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
Wedding Gifts continued (reminder to self)

So Far:
Books (his and hers): The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate Read the first book and intended to give them two copies of the same book, inscribed. (Now they have a Men's edition, may buy his and hers, have to check out the difference)

Something Romanian- This is where they "fell" for each other, maybe a photo (if I have one) of them together over there in a nice frame with Romanian currency within the frame.

Something that will live- plant/tree that they can "nurture, like their blooming love, something sappy, like them ;\) " Oh, I can't wait to pen something that will make them laugh till they pee.

They have a videographer but I also plan on shooting "behind the scenes video" and surprising them. I will be at the rehersal but I am not in the wedding (need to be free to handle stuff the day of the wedding). I will be there for set up so they will see the crew (some of their dearest friends) going to set up the reception area at the Art Gallery. I'll record personal messages then and maybe at the wedding if the videographer does not do the same.

Gift Card- For Romania? Instead of a traditional honeymoon, they are likely going to Romania to help President of the ministry we served at. I may arrange for something over there that they can enjoy.

Still taking ideas, the best ideas are often borrowed ones!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
F
fig Offline
F
what about a collection of Romanian fairy tales....
or look up what a tradional wedding gift is in Romania?

arrange to have their house cleaned and food in their refirgerator upon their return from their honeymoon

(that is what I did for one of my friends...none of us really had any money so when she went on her honeymoon, I went into her house and scrubbed every inch and I knew when they were coming back so I put dinner in the oven. They came home to a spotless house, clean laundry, warm food)

OP Offline
fig, you educator, you! \:\)

Like your thinking!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
F
fig Offline
F
hair fluffing happening

C
C
fig, you are officially invited to my wedding \:D

The behind the scenes video sounds AWESOME! that's a great idea c2H.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard