Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Cat,
Lots of "friends first" examples, you just never know. I hypothesized early on in my journey that if I would just get very busy doing the things God has for me to do, that when I wasn't looking, the right kind of woman would pop up and I would find myself thinking, "wow, how did that happen?"

C2 & cat,

This is exactly what I believe and there are so many examples of that right here. It's when we're living our life, and hardly noticing, that God puts the right person in our path.

Amazing isn't it?

Love,
Bethie

OP Offline

Telling X about my missions trip
I braced for the usual rant and rave as I told my X about my trip this morning. It was a quick call while she and Mr. X drove to work. I sent her a follow up email with the dates so she could make plans for the kids (for "my" weekend, my Friday and because I get them after school). I expected an attack, her response:

Quote:
got it.. have a safe trip

i'll figure something for the kids..
we don't have anything planned...
thanks ~

Huh???

I guess someone tipped her off that I had my "smiley sauce" speech all ready to lay it on her!

She was driving to work with Mr. X so I know they talked about it and X probably complained. Mr. X most likely told her it was not really her place to complain about it and that it wouldn't change anything.

When I had my face to face wiht Mr. X I apologized for having bitterness towards him and "forgave him" (after I basically exposed his deception and adultery). During that conversation, he shared that he would try to keep X from getting emotionally involved in my life. More often than not, she has been her same old self but maybe fewer times than she really wanted to vent (most likely the case).

This is one case when she actually kept quiet and I like it! I give God praise for little miracles. \o/ <- offering praise

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
C
C
lol, smiley sauce, will keep that in mind if stbx goes nuts on me tomorrow about that cursed shed he built.

Glad ot hear you didnt' have to put up with any craziness from her part, perhaps she's actually growing up?

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
K
K
Wow,
How about that C2??

Well personally I dont see what she would have to complain about, but her past record I can see why you were concerned.

Hopefully this attitude of hers will continue!!

Yeah! Now you can concentrate on your trip!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Cat,

Praying for you and the shed situation. Pray, pray and pray.

Yep, so glad her reaction was different than in the past, maybe she is "moving on" herself.

Karen,

I hope she is turning a new leaf. I could really get into having a "harmonious" R for the kids sake.

I posted on Cat's thread about a song that really meant a lot to me back in '99, during our first separation. Hearing it today, I remember pain I felt back then and am now so appreciative of the growth and what God has done for me since then.

I am indeed a blessed man! \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
ALOHA C2H!

\:\)

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
SG, Thanks! Yes, "Aloha" indeed! 10 days and counting \:\)

Wedding Planner- This Saturday's Wedding
Plans are all set for my friend's wedding which is taking place this Saturday. This is the friend that I am helping as his point person for the wedding's logistics etc. The day of the wedding I will be handling whatever comes their way.

I mentioned this on the prior thread but this is a very good friend and brother from church. I have watched God work in his life, we have gone on several missions trips together and I was there when he and his future bride started to think God was bringing them together when were in Romania.

So, as the day approaches, it almost seems surreal. This will be celebrated by so many of our close friends who are actively involved in the church, as is the happy couple. It will very much be a family affair. Food, fun, dancing, celebrating.

Now, to find the perfect wedding gift. (This is one area where I do miss my X, definitely not a guy thing)

(Open to suggestions- he is moving to her apartment so there is already a household, hmmm..., a toilet plunger with the wooden end engraved? Now that there will be a guy in the house, she'll have a need for one, ya think?).

Committed2Him- "C2H"
F
fig Offline
F
oh gifts

um

how about a gift certificate to their favorite resteraunt

(i like the plunger idea...I have two boys and holy cow would that come in handy)

could you contact their photographer and pay for some pictures for them?

like they mught want to get more pics but it isn't in their budget

or you could buy like 10 of those little disposable cameras, leave them laying around then pay for the developing of those pictures???

D
D
C2H,

I know what you mean about gifts so I can't be a help there. I think it's great that you are helping out with the wedding and taking some of the pressure off of your friend and his bride.

I glad to see that your X is taking things better than she had in the past and maybe she is "moving on" or God is working in her heart. Who knows for sure but it definitely would be a good thing for you, your kids, and even your X.

Have a great day C2H!

d_o_c

The Final Chapter?
Even though he is moving in with her it's nice to have some things that are THEIRS.
A photograph frame for the wedding picture, some nice glasses and wine(or tumblers for juice if they are t,total).
One of those photo frames that takes a memory card-digital I think they are called.
Like the meal voucher idea.
My d had the cameras at her wedding along with other favours and the guests on each table took their own table photos and my d had them developed-they really loved the pics.
I guess it depends on their ages and how affluent they are.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard