Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
C
C
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
My life has continued to get richer and richer in my experiences serving God. I have experienced even more healing in the area of forgiveness and resentment towards X and Mr. X.

thanks for this hope C2H \:\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline
Quote:
I can hear in what you write just how excited you are, I would be as well. You get to go to paradise and do what you love. How much more Blessed can 1 person be?

Bethie, EVERY missions trip I have been on, if only for a weekend or for 9 or 10 days, has been very meaningful to me so yes, I am excited and am extremely blessed.

Hawaii Missions trip (5/9 -5/18)
For Karen and those who missed it on the prior thread just before it closed:

Quote:
Missions trip - Hawaii???
Huh? Yeah, gonna suffer for my Lord in Hawaii for 9 days starting the second week of May unless my plans change. My other trips have been uncomfortable but worth it (one trip we traveled by van for 14 hours through Mexico and another trip we worked construction through Romania's worst heat wave in decades). This trip is to assist with outreaches a pastor does for the homeless on the big island. The cost of living is high and many people live in shelters and on the beaches. A team went from our church in the winter but I could not go but believe the Lord is directing me to go on this trip. Whenever I go on a trip, I come back deeply affected and so appreciative of what I have and I anticipate this trip will be no different.

I also anticipate challenges between now and then because I have put the bull's-eye target on my back. I have stood up and said, "here I am Lord, send me" and when that happens, the spiritual warfare battle is on. Stay tuned...

As predicted, as soon as I committed to go, X started giving me flak about other stuff (she is not even aware I am going yet, will tell her after the weekend). I expect other oposition to come at me from totally unexpected directions but my God is pretty good at delivering me just in time.

Hey Cat, thanks for stopping by. In the midst of the storm it is sometimes hard to have that hope but it really does get better. Of course, you don't have to take my word for it, take His:

Quote:

Psalm 138:1-8

A Psalm of David. I will praise You with my whole heart; Before the gods I will sing praises to You. I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name. In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul. All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O Lord, When they hear the words of Your mouth. Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord, For great is the glory of the Lord. Though the Lord is on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
K
K
Hi C2
It sounds wonderful! In many ways, I remember you went to a mission trip in Mexico?? no?

Hopefully your ex will let you be!
Not sure why she is so very concerned w/ your activities in the church, who knows what goes through our exs minds.

Do you have a busy weekend planned?
Its going to be warm again. Beach maybe??
I'll be in the desert, not sure about that!! not a desert rat but gotta do it for my sweetheart \:\)

Have a good one C2

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

C
C
you go on missions trips??? oh! those are my dream trips! one day I hope to do that, love love to travel and do stuff for others, how wonderful C2H!

Thanks for posting that wonderful psalm \:\)

Why would X give you grief about anything if she's married again? not meaning to be nosey, but I'd expect at this point all financial issues would have been decided by now.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
OP Offline
Karen,

Since X abandoned ship 7/06, I have taken four weekend trips to the church's facility in Rosarito Mexico (2 with my son), one 9 day trip to baja Mexico, one 9 day trip to Romania. My tour of Israel in March '07 was the trip she never wanted to go on, her loss but I know she was jealous of that too.

She has gotten better at keeping her comments to herself but ultimately, if things are not done her way (whether it be work, family or other people) she complains. Her way or the highway.

This is my weekend for the kids so we'll hang out, hopefully I'll take them to see their grandparents who are local.

Glad you are doing something your sweetie enjoys, it makes a guy happy when his honey will sacrifice to do something he enjoys. Treat him well, you have a keeper \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
Cat,

Yep, all the financial stuff is done. I pay my child support, support the kids in other ways and pay my share of private (christian) school tuition so it is not a financial issue. It is a control issue.

Missions trips
Pray and one day, you never know...
I got started on them with one weekend trip. My first trip humbled me and showed me how fortunate we are to live in this country. That led to a 9 day trip that came up a few weeks thereafter- a last minute spot came up. I even asked God to give me the money if he really wanted me to go. Within a day my X called me telling me to meet her at a car dealer to sign off on the pink slip to her car (we were still married but she had already moved out). I agreed but then called her back offering to sell the car for her and split the difference between what the dealer was giving her and what I might sell it for- she agreed. I sold the car with in a couple of days, gave her her money she was originally going to get and we split the difference, enough to pay for my first missions trip. GOD IS SO GOOD!

(Side note, when I did the DMV work a few year before on the car we sold, I KNOW I requeseted the DMV make out the Pink Slip so that either one of us could sell the car. My thinking has always been if one of us passed away, it would be one less headache to worry about. EVEN in the DMV paperwork, on a transaction years earlier, God was providing an answer to prayer, years later. NOTHING happens that God is not aware of.)

Since then, each trip has been a TOTAL blessing and causes me to come back even more committed to the local work that can be done for others less fortunate and to simply follow the command to "Love Your neighbor as Yourself" (which includes our X's and even their new spouses \:o )

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
Quote:
(which includes our X's and even their new spouses

Does it have to ?? ohhh ok \:\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

C
C
that's awesome C2H, God answers all our prayers, in some way or another \:\)

Maybe, when my youngest graduates I'll be able to go for extended trips, I truly would love to do that, hope it works out.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
OP Offline
Cat,

Maybe even sooner if the Lord has that in His plans for you. The one thing that has been reinforced through my trips is the amazing power of prayer, missionaries learn this lesson quickly. Even now, you can pray and ask the Lord where He would have you to go. Once He puts some places in your heart, you can connect with missionaries affiliated with your church or denomination in those areas via mail or email if they are connected (even in somewhat remote areas, internet cafes pop up and missionaries stay connected to home via the internet and email because it is quicker than mail and cheaper than international calling). Once connected, you can become a prayer partner for their needs.

When God plants a desire in our heart and we are obedient to that desire, for example becoming a prayer warrior for certain missionaries and their specific needs, I am NEVER amazed at what door God will open for His obedient child. Test Him and see what happens. \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
C
you are right, if it is God's will I hope to go somewhere on a mission, anywhere.

And here you go! your fruit basket...sort of, he he
[img]http://www.geocities.com/mucamaker/fruit.jpg[/img]

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard