Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
P
P
Originally Posted By: almosthopeful
Thanks Nic, for dropping by and for the support.

I would love to meet you too. I've forgotten where you are...Is it Alberta? I was looking last night at some River Cruises in Canada, some of them looking fascinating.

Okay, to work.

No - other coast! I'm in Montreal, home of the Canadiens, woo hoo!

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
A
OP Offline
A
Hey fish,
Originally Posted By: fishobx

My D was so much younger when her dad and I split, and I am so grateful to have a successful coparenting relationship with him. It just breaks my heart to hear others' stories, but I do hope that even though your son is older and H might be long distance soon that time will heal.

I'm so glad you're back for a bit and posting.

I do think we've done well on on co-parenting, getting S back and forth with minimal nastiness. I guess in a way that's why I worry for S, it has been "okay" for him. But as you and other's have said, it may an okay longer distance son/dad relationship. Just not what I envisioned 15 years ago!

Keep in touch and let us know how you are.

A
OP Offline
A
Hey brue,

Thanks for chiming in I always like and value your perspective.
Originally Posted By: brueniap

But as I read thru this a bit it just kinda hit me that maybe the job search has a bit more behind it than was stated here. It is quite possible that "they" feel uncomfortable in the situation as well..........and possibly...........doing you a service by leaving the area so you won't feel so bad. And it's possible that "she's" uncomfortable just as you are and would rather not run in to you anywhere either.

I feel sure you are right that this is part of it, especially her being uncomfortable...

OTOH, this level of job has been his ultimate ambition for 20 years, even before we married. It is not a job suited for a person with children at home, because there are social/business demands almost every night and many weekends, also much travel. but most people who've reached the level have grown kids...we just got a late start in the kid department.

I think he wants the job and probably one or both of them is uncomfortable as well.

So I am really trying to turn it over, brue, to only get just the tiniest bit bothered, and then move on with my life. If he gets the job, that is what is supposed to happen, if he doesn't, same deal...

Hope you are well brue, I think of you a lot. I still think we need to have an (loosely defined) over 50s get together!

Hugs.

WOW AH,

That's a very realistic view. I also think that whatever the outcome, that's the way it was meant to be.

Hope you're having a good evening!

Love,
Bethie

F
F
Quote:
it may an okay longer distance son/dad relationship. Just not what I envisioned 15 years ago!

Hee hee....just made me think. My D turned 16 a couple of weeks ago...our parenting relationships are not what I envisioned 15 years ago either--in a million ways!

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard