Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks one_light.

Quote:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/ny/narr/NY_NARR_3.HTM
Section 130-1.1(c) of the NYCRR defines "frivolous" conduct as conduct which is (1) "completely without merit in law or fact and cannot be supported by a reasonable argument for an extension, modification or reversal of existing law," or (2) "undertaken primarily to delay or prolong the resolution of the litigation, or to harass or to maliciously injure another." Section 130-1.1(a) grants the court the discretion to (1) award to a party costs and attorneys fees resulting from frivolous conduct by another party, and (2) impose financial sanctions on the party or attorney who engages in frivolous conduct. The total amount of costs awarded and sanctions imposed cannot exceed $10,000 "for any single occurrence of frivolous conduct." See § 130-1.2.

....and this is one of many reasons why people try to avoid a D. On the other hand, this is powerful stuff to keep you locked in codependence. FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
A
A

FIB: I just want to tell you that on the day you posted the story and the "even the monkey falls from the tree" comment, it hit me right between the eyes and it has every day since I first read it.

I haven't fleshed out the full application of it to my own life yet but I know there is one because every single day, I hear it in my head.

There are a lot of outside things occuring in my sitch and things coming against my stand, things I have allowed and things that have come out of left field. When the smoke settles, I suspect I'll know firsthand how the monkeys fall.

Thanks in advance.

AmyC

F
F
that was a monkey? I thought it was your third eye.

silly me.

F
OP Offline
F
You guys...amyc...could you post a summary of you...YOUR sitch to me. Now that I am winding down, I would like to catch up with some others..perhaps do more reading and support than worrying about myself.

Yes..it's been an amazing journey for me. From crushing blow...to searching for answers...to trying desperately to save my marriage... getting hurt with infidelity..hanging for a final fight..then, finally, letting go of the hurt and saying goodbye to my M. Now....now...it is ME who is to be punished (?I). Twas my W who was unhappy..my W who loved me and 'wanted the romance back'..it was John, Craig and Zack who got a crack at it...now...FIB must be punished for this.

s'OK. I focus on my kids. I try and stay away from her anger..keep to myself...FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
J
J
FIB,

Wow that would be a summary with an index. : )

I am sorry that it got to the Lawyer Knife Fight.

How much of this is her and how much of this is her lawyer seeing $$$ and leading her this way?

PS - Agree with Amy about the Monkey falling out the Tree. That is such a great story.

It occurrs to me, that every monkey falls out of the tree...but it is more important how that mankey lands. : )

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 04/04/08 05:06 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

A
A
Quote:
It occurrs to me, that every monkey falls out of the tree...but it is more important how that mankey lands.

Nah.

I don't think it matters how the monkey lands, be it on his or her feet, on it's ass or on it's head. What matters is that the monkey get back up in the tree and keep swinging.

A
A

No summaries.

I don't have it in me, FIB.

I'm sorry.

J
J

OK that makes more sense and falls in line with my style of thinking Amy. : )

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 04/04/08 05:45 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

J
J
Can I try Amy?

There once was a lady from Virginia,

M
M
She's pissed Jack, so I'd let it be. \:\)

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard