Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
J
J
Good luck with the audition tonight! Is it for a coverband too?

Do YOU have a timeline. You told her you didn't but in your heart do you have one?

Jen

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
C
C
Mink, not bad. Give yourself a break, though, and don't get into any R talks for a bit, even if she brings them up. Just have a few times where you hang and enjoy. You can tell her, "MM Wife, let's just leave this topic for a bit. I think we both know where the other one is right now and we're doing a really good respecting that. Let's just lay off tonight and enjoy ourselves."

Me thinks it's good though. The door's open and if you both play your cards right and are good and honest to yourselves, you'll be walking through that door together. Time is the key.

Me: 42/H: 37
T: 10 years/M: 8
D9, S8
Bomb: 7.23.07
Separated: 1.20.08
D Final 3.19.09
Affair started in '05, found out parts in 11/07. They married 11.26.09

My life is good.
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks to both of you ladies. I appreciate your advice and support.

Jen, yes it is a cover band.

I really only have 'summer' as a timeline. i expect we will know one way or the other by then.

C
C
Summer is kind of my timeline, too. Our lease is up July 31st, so I know something's going to have to be decided by then. I think.

Me: 42/H: 37
T: 10 years/M: 8
D9, S8
Bomb: 7.23.07
Separated: 1.20.08
D Final 3.19.09
Affair started in '05, found out parts in 11/07. They married 11.26.09

My life is good.
J
J
What era of music do you play? 70's, 80's. ?

Jen

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
M
OP Offline
M
Quote:
What era of music do you play? 70's, 80's. ?

Mostly 70s - classic rock. I love 80s music but don't play too much of it. The 80s weren't really a guitar decade, at least not like the 70s were!

J
J
Nope the 80's were more electronic and "poppy". What's your fav band to cover?

Sorry it's just interesting...:)

Jen

The end of the DB road
M
OP Offline
M
Which band do I like to cover best? Why, The Beatles of course!

Anyway, as always, when things seem to be going well, something happens to remind you that you are in a sitch.

W just texted me to please remember to bring checks with me when I see her tomorrow, since she needs to pay the rental on 'her' apartment.

Not "a check" (ie: for April), but "checks" (ie: for beyond April?).

I need to remind myself that nothing has changed between us...it's just a request.

I know, my overactive imagination. And it will be what it will be. I just wish she would have said "I need a check for April".

I just responded back, "Sure".

M
OP Offline
M
Just realized something interesting. Every day, I get an email from David Cunningham, a self-proclaimed "attraction expert". While I don't buy into everything he says, today's email got my attention.

Here is one paragraph:
In addition, women hate being bored so badly that if you do ANYTHING with enthusiasm, they usually want to watch or join in. This is especially true if you announce that you are going to do it and then just tell them they can come along instead of hounding them to come and do it with you. The next biggest thing that most women hate after boredom is feeling like they missed out on something fun or interesting. Indeed, the more enthused you are about the activity and less you act like she needs to be there, the more she'll expect it to be interesting and want to get involved.

1. Back in February, I signed up for a wine/food event. I told W that I was going, and she was welcome to join me. 'No thanks' was the curt reply. 'Well I'm going anyway, too bad', I said. Guess what? The day of the event, she emailed me and wanted to go. I scrambled, got her a ticket, and that was the reversal of the ship sailing away from me, that night.

2. Last night: 'Oh by the way, I signed up with a hiking group...should be a lot of fun' I said. 'Did you sign me up?' she asked. 'No I didn't - why would I? Do you want me to?' I asked, surprised.

3. Last night again: 'I'm going out to a wine/food pairing with a bunch of our friends on Monday evening'. She says, 'Sounds nice....why am I not going?'. 'Well they said they needed one butt for one seat, and they knew I was single, so they asked me', I said. 'Just proves that our friends are all mad at me for what I've done', she said, sadly. 'No, they're not' I said, 'they just knew I was available'.

So this is worth exploring...I don't need to invite her along every time, just on the most interesting activities!!

J
J
That's true actually. I'm like that, I might not find the activity interesting but if H acts like its a great thing I start asking if I can go too.

You also show that your wife is fitting that profile. I wonder if any of the other woman would agree that they are similar.

Maybe she said checks just because they come in a book of 50 or 100 right?? You're not going to ask someone to bring a check are you? ;\)

Jen

The end of the DB road
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard