Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Those of you who have left should actually leave rather than continue to return time after time for no other reason than to stir the proverbial $hit. Those of you who are making a choice to stay; its time to accept the fact that in their house it is their rules. Live with them or follow the others and find some place else to play.

It IS truly, enough.

~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
shewholurks #1396949 03/21/08 09:18 PM
J
J
And these are your opinions. Just as valid as mine.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Quote:

And these are your opinions. Just as valid as mine.

Absolutely. I guess its all about how one chooses to use the time they are spending on the board.

~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
shewholurks #1396984 03/21/08 09:51 PM
J
J
And that wasn't passive aggresive at all.

I am curious, though, you have never contacted someone from the boards? No one has contacted you? Outside of the boards?

Policy can be changed, it usually happens when enough people support the desire to.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Jack,

Seriously. What part of you don't get a say in their policy changes don't you understand? I know you are a smart man. Come on. It's time to accept it and move forward or move on. Your choice, man.

~ swl

I do have to chime in here. It is their board but I thought they created it with a certain goal in mind. When I first started it didn't seem to be with the intention of keeping us away from each other. I did contact people off the board here and it has been a life saver. One (big hugs) has really kept me sane. I would encourage the owners to rethink this policy.

Sitting quietly doing nothing, the flowers bloom effortlessly.

bomb: Jan 25, 2006
not seen since
DD moved in with H - 9/1/08
H filed for divorce - 11/2008
Divorce dismissed by courts - 4/2010
still nothing
shewholurks #1396998 03/21/08 10:04 PM
J
J
Satyagraha

"Civil Disobedience"

I disagree with you SWL.

Jack,

I sincerely hope you find a way to channel your feelings in a way that will benefit those who are here still seeking help and the benefit of someone who has walked these awful roads before them.

Continuing down this cheese less tunnel really doesn't seem to be working out very well.

~ swl

shewholurks #1397018 03/21/08 10:17 PM
J
J
: )

This topic isn't the only one I post too.

And it is funny, because I see the chessless tunnel as the one that you support.

Change usually doesn't happen overnight, so the same thing could be said about my marriage not seeming to be working out really well, when I first started posting here.

Jack,

We are discussing policy. Your reality is the policy is theirs to make, break or change on any given day, hour, minute or second without running it by the NON-paying customers.

Even if you get counseling from them you are not paying for the privilege of using the board. If you don't like how they are running the board, pick up your toys and go to that fancy new board they have set up for you.

~ swl

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard