Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#1392221 03/16/08 01:58 PM
S
OP Offline
S
So the thread that never dies, died....blech I hate thinking of titles for these things.

My D14 has left, she went to Colorado to be with W's family (sans W) for the week. I also give back S11 tonight at 8pm.

This means that I am officially bachelor city this week. No kids at all, I believe it may have to be a party week for Ian.

Who the hell am I kidding, basically what it means is I can get caught up on the laundry, get the house clean, and maybe, just maybe have time to go out a few nights.

I have actually had a good couple of days here. My D14 stayed with STBX Wed. and Thurs. nights and of course ranted about them arguing the whole time when she came home on Friday. My response to her was simply, you two need to learn to talk to each other or your both gonna be miserable 3 nights a week.

D14 told me that mom smacked her in the face on wednesday. I asked her why and she told me that she said the F word to her mom. I dropped it at that point cause if she said that to me, it would have been a full on mouth full of soap accompanied by a belt across her asss. So I told her that she should be more respectful and try and behave around mom as she would any other adult. I told her that she has to make an effort to avoid confrontation if she doesnt want it when she is with mom. That it is one thing if mom goes off on her for no reason, but if she asks for it, too damn bad.

There is going to be an adjustment period for D14, so I can not allow her to play me against her mom as she has in the past. I am making her suck it up.

I was happy to see that D14 has improved her grades in the last week. She has 0 missing assignments and has bumped all of her grades up at least one grade point. Maybe she is getting it....

Anyway, looking forward to a very peaceful week. Getting excited about Memphis in May. Feeling pretty good about my life today. I hope that I can stay focused and keep the momentum going.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

T
T
It's good to see that at least some things are improving with D14. ie: her grades. That's wonderful

Maybe as her and her mom sort through their issues they will have a stronger and closer relationship.

Glad S11 is doing well.

Enjoy your bachelor time!

Trip #1392249 03/16/08 03:09 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Trip, and i hope that this time with her mom will enable the two of them to develop a relationship of some sort again. I for one do not know a teenage girl who does not need her mother in her life.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Hey since no one ordered a drink - can I have a margarita - on the rocks - with salt -- pretty please

Good to see you posting Ian and you sound great! I miss our chats. \:\(

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
S
S
Ian,
You're a heckofa guy! I think you handled D14 incredibly well and you just may be able to nudge her into accepting her mom as she is. What a feat that would be!

Take care, SD

Me 41
W 41
Kids: S9 S7
Married 16 years
Bomb dropped 2/2/07
Still living together!
current thread
A
A
Ian,

You have a difficult task there keeping the peace between Mother/Daughter. It really must put you in a awkward position at times. I've always backed up the ex’s as far as disciplining goes, but I've never had to play peace keeper. I respect the way you are handling it under these circumstances.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
C
C
glad to hear you are feeling good)))))))

I hear you about the "bachelor time", my d5 is asleep, and I have toilets to scrub and have to work out, no vegging out! lol, too many thins to do.
Good thing you stayed objective with your D14, kids love to push their limits.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
A
A
Hey Ian,

I almost forgot to wish you a Happy St. Patricks Day thought...

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
F
FA Offline
F
Sounds like you are speaking from experience, Astimegoeson!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
FA #1392944 03/17/08 04:40 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: FA
Sounds like you are speaking from experience, Astimegoeson!

It's true.. They're always after me lucky charms!

-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard