Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
amd #1386178 03/14/08 12:30 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi AMD,

The playdate is iffy - I really wouldn't want to introduce the kids unless/until I am serious with someone.

As for the tickets, the only thing I have tickets to is the ballet in 6 weeks. I don't really want to buy tickets to something else b/c I just can't afford it right now. In any case, because we are both busy with kids, I would rather be more flexible. His son is his priority when he has him - a quality I like, but that is also annoying, lol!

I've been thinking that we know each other well enough now that I can just ask him if he wants to get together over the little break we have next week (Thurs to Mon). We are both swamped with work, but a couple of hours is not a big deal. I will see him on Monday and gauge things then.

Your concert sounds fun! How great to sing w/ the symphony. I am singing at a fundraiser for S. Africa tomorrow night with a few other choir members - 2 sopranos, 2 altos, 2 tenors.

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
P
OP Offline
P
I found out that the H of one of my choir friends died very suddenly last week. He was out of the country visiting family, caught a virus that attacked his kidneys, and was dead before anyone knew what was going on. My friend was not even able to see him before he died, as she didn't go on the trip.

His W - my friend - is five months pregnant, and their first child is just under 2. He was a lovely man and a devoted father; they were married for 12 years.

This is so horribly sad, and once again makes me realize how fragile life is. Life is to short to be afraid.

C
C
oh no, that is so sad! I count my blessings every day, waking up is a huge plus in my book, there is so much to be thankful for as some people truly have it worse than us, my heart and prayers go to that lady, this must be so terribly hard for her for her.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
((((((nic))))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends husband. I will keep her in my prayers. Life is so precious.

Love,
Bethie

Quote:
I am singing at a fundraiser for S. Africa tomorrow night with a few other choir members - 2 sopranos, 2 altos, 2 tenors.
Any chance you could get him to come to this event?

What a turn on it would be for him to see you sing!!

Love,
A

P
OP Offline
P
Althea,

Sadly, no - I won't be talking to him again till after it. I would love for him to come to hear me sing sometime, though.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Oh, also, I wanted to thank you for your comments re. being careful with the "love goggles." Yeah - I am very aware of that. At first, I was definitely seeing only the good side of this guy, but now I think I'm more realistic, though I can't really know b/c we haven't spent enough time together. I think I'm actually hyper-aware of possible problems and have to be careful not to be too quick to dismiss a guy b/c he isn't perfect! That's hangover from my M, though - I do take things too personally.

Hope the fund raiser went well today and that you sang like the beautiful lady bird you are!
Love,
A

A
amd Offline
A
Nicola, how was the concert?

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's H. How is she doing?

amd
L
L
Did you sing like the angel that you are?

Ofcourse you did.

((((((((((((((nic)))))))))))

sorry to hear about your friends H.

Luv ya chickie

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
N
N
Hi Nic
Sorry you are going through this. I agree with your angst and I frankly do not have much advice to help. I'm terrible at that. In time you will learn to look more forward and back only to review a lesson learned. Takes time and a lot of grief.

The biggest thing I can say is look into 180s and apply that exercise to move on and avoid repeating any mistakes or able to fly the red flags when you see something coming. Pretty general but that the best I can do.
Happiness

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard