Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Okay Nic,

Let me gather some stats...

Does he have children?
Are there any office or work events coming up soon?
Do you ever chat or communicate via email?
What have you learned about him that could come in handy if you wanted to woo him?

Anything else pertinent?

You are a gorgeous lady bird. You will have the man of your dreams!
Love,
A

P
OP Offline
P
Althea ~

No, we don't ever email b/c he pretty much never checks his! I have emailed a couple of times, but he reads it maybe once a week. It doesn't seem to be a good way.

He has a son the same age as mine. However, if he thinks like I do, he won't want to do anything w/ kids till we get serious (if we do). He also has his son most weekends. He's supposed to have him 3 out of 4 w/e from Friday to Monday, but lately his ex has been leaving the son with him every w/e. Hmmmm, sounds familiar...

I will think about your last question.

The thing is, if I don't overthink it, I'm sure he's interested; it's just when I start thinking too much that I get all anxious. I think I might ask him next week if he wants to get together over the Easter break (we get five days off), even though I know we are both busy w/ work and he has his son.

Thanks for sharing your ideas; you've given me some things to think about.

AH~

I found it interesting what you wrote about the way your XH hugs your son. Mine does the same with the kids, and seems so reluctant to let them go. You're right - that is the price they are paying, although I'm not sure how "expensive" it is for my H. Anyway, I really need to let go of my "need" to see him suffer and just concentrate on myself.

Thanks for posting.

~ Nicola

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
W
W
Nic,

Regardless of what happens, it's good to have a crush...

I think just let him know when the divorce is official.

P
OP Offline
P
Hi White!

That was my plan...a few months ago! This seems to be the never-ending *&^* divorce, and I am getting tired of waiting. I do have a feeling, however, that he is waiting for that.

W
W
I get the impression that he's waiting for the divorce because you wrote this:

"He's asked me a couple of times recently when I think mine will be done."

F
F
nic..just focusing on what MMO said earlier, and,one of the 'men's recommendations' given in a men's 'double your dating' website. The cautionary note they give men is, when going out, the typical American male goes out looking for a wife and comes off as 'wimpy'. The advice they give..which I think is similar to what MMO says and I think SIMILARLY applies is: what does this person offer ME....to compliment MY LIFE. It sounds like you have things in order tho'. No dates for future H's...just for men that YOU prefer to have in YOUR life because they add something to yours. My IC has told me that you have to kiss a lot of frogs now (well...figuratively).

RIBBIT.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving
My IC has told me that you have to kiss a lot of frogs now (well...figuratively).

I've heard this many times, but I don't actually believe it. I think you just have to meet a lot of people - male and female - and really know what qualities you like about a PERSON, not necessarily a mate.

I also think that people deal with meeting someone differently. I know WL went on lots of dates and has now met a great guy. But then look at Deb and Bill...You just never know what's going to happen.

Thanks for checking in FIB,

Nicola

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: whitelight
I get the impression that he's waiting for the divorce because you wrote this:

"He's asked me a couple of times recently when I think mine will be done."

Yeah, I'm just getting impatient!!

And kind of paranoid, b/c there is someone new (female) sharing his office now, and I have to admit, I am a bit jealous. Like he's never going to meet another woman in his entire life, right?! I'd like him to become a monk now, till my D is done, lol!

N

Musings from yesterday...

As I said, I think it's awesome that you know what you want and think that you have found it. I am really hoping Mr. Crush is the man for you Nic.

However...I would caution you not to put all your eggs in one basket and here is why: We tend to idealize people we are attracted to and over-look the little red flags that may pop up--we put on our "love-goggles." However, if you are just "dating" rather than looking for the marriage relationship, I think you get a more realistc perpective and a wider view, because you're not hitching your wagon to one horse. Pardon all the cheesy metaphors...it's early!

Not saying that's what you're doing, only saying it is something to stay tuned in to.

With that said, I think it's time to ask him out! Any concerts/events coming up soon that you could get tickets to and pull the old "I've got two tickets to the blah, blah, blah" routine.

Love,
A

A
amd Offline
A
OK, I'm going out on a limb here. I don't have kids, so...is a playdate with your respective sons taboo? I honestly don't know. What do you all think?

And whether it is or not, go with Althea's standby of two tickets. Any common interests that you could use for ticket ideas?

Hey, BTW my choir is hooking up with the symphony orchestra and performing Haydn's Lord Nelson Mass. Turns out to be a pretty happy requiem, oddly enough. Think of me on Sunday night!

amd
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard