Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Hi Tia: Thanks for the sweet words.

"Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name (Mine REALLY is Barb!). And they're always glad you came. You wanna go where people know, everybody here's the same. You wanna go where everyone knows your name".

It is snowing like crazy - blizzard all around me, yet I sit in warmth and comfort, gazing out the window at it. And I am content. I can talk to me friends here at "Cheers" any time I choose. My family are all safely indoors, Ryan's nurse came to work today, there is lots of food to get us through. The tv and Internet still work. Life is good....

Barb

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,
Today I'm off to find something frothy, sparkly and beautiful to wear on my cruise for formal night. MG is tagging along as I went with him a few days ago to buy a new suit.

It's so much fun to travel with someone who hasn't done much traveling before. He's just agog at everything!!! I know he's going to love this experience. He's happy as can be whenever he can be in/on the water. I don't know WTH he lives in MI and I'm hoping we can change that someday. One of our stops will be in St. Thomas where they have great prices on jewelry. I plan on taking my wedding ring and having it reset into something I love. I've already had it reset once but am not crazy about it.

My perfect scenario would be to buy a winter home in FL but we'll see where my D23 ends up when she graduates. She's hoping to find work somewhere in the south. Right now, she's in NYC for spring break. There was a bomb that went off (don't know the details) but she was at that location the night before. I missed the news or I'd have been in my car to get her!!!!

My life has changed so much in the last 4 yrs and it just keeps getting better. If I'd known I could be so happy, I would've D'd X a lot sooner!!!!

Sooooooo:

Retire early.....check
Find a great guy....check
Travel....check
Sell my house.....check
Get my D through college.....check
Be happy with myself.....check
Find hobby or pt job that I love.....check
Forgive X....check

Only thing left to do is get the rest of my money from X. Hope to cross this off on Mon.

Life is good in Jillville!!!

WOW Jilly Bean - you sound fantastic! I love the checklist and can say it mirrors mine. I haven't quite got D through college but she has started and I haven't quite forgiven Ex but I've started. The rest is all in place or in progress.

Shopping for formalwear is fun, but no so much when you don't like getting dressed up. As you know, though, it is all worth it. The photos Josh and I got of ourselves as a couple are amazing! I am shocked that he wants to cruise again so soon and to my total dream destination!

I love St Thomas. Have some great clothes and purses from there.

I've been wondering about what to do with my diamond. Thought about a necklace since I'd really love to have one. Is it bad to wear the diamond? It's refreshing to see that you don't seem to think so.

Surprised that you can get out today to shop. It is BAD here. I doubt many people will be out at all. And it's only going to get worse.

Have a great day and let us know about the frothy outfit, k?

Barb

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Barb,
I don't quite have D all the way thru college but I know she's in a place, mentally, where I know she'll finish. She's working hard!!!

And....I really do "hate" getting dressed up!!! And so does MG, but I told him that these formal dinners were something he had to experience so he's up for it.

The weather's actually pleasant here today. Sun's shining even tho it's only 20 out.

I had my ring redone a long time ago. It had a marquis diamond in the middle and 6 small diamonds on the sides. I had the six smaller diamonds made into a pinky ring and the large diamond made into more of a cocktail type ring but I'm not crazy about it. Ya know, my ring was expensive and I always loved it and just because I no longer love X does not mean that I can't love the ring, right?

Jill: I've been meaning to bring the diamond thing up for a while. I love my diamonds too and really won't relate them much to ex anymore. He did give me a diamond tennis bracelet and expensive diamond earrings as well as my birthstone set all in the last few months we were together. Never got jewellery much of any kind before that. And I wear it all and wear it proud. I think its time to redo the diamonds from the engagement ring, though.

There are lots of "Freestyle Dining" cruises out there. My friend just got back from one on Norwegian Jewel. She loved it. Me - I prefer the formal stuff with a set group of people. You make great friends most of the time.

Barb

K
K
Oh Jill!!
You are by far a success story! I love that you have achieved these goals!
You worked hard and you nabbed them!

I cant wait to hear about your trip and what you got me!! LOL
I'd make a pita D wouldnt I??

You should get something red and sparkly w/ a low plunging neckline! maybe a slit all the way up to your thigh! Wouldnt that stop MG in his track! \:\)

Cant wait to hear what you buy!

and , am I to believe what I read here? you and Barb got jewelry from your exs??? wow what a concept, so your not suppose to get toasters and stereos as gifts?? hmmmmm

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Helllooo....

Barb said:
Quote:
I've been wondering about what to do with my diamond. Thought about a necklace since I'd really love to have one. Is it bad to wear the diamond? It's refreshing to see that you don't seem to think so.

A friend of mine had all of her jewelry re-made into something she called her "freedom ring"...If I had any jewelry that is what I would do!

\:D

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

Wow Jill!

You are cruising along on that list! I hope Monday works well for you. What an inspiration you are!

I can't retire yet...but I am hoping for a great guy someday (any day) soon! LOL

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

K
K
Quote:
If I had any jewelry that is what I would do!

LOL i can relaate to that! Lost my dimanod in my old wedding set and well, ex never would get it replaced, hmmm wonder why???

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard