Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
H
H
It's my son Queenie - Happy's son!

He's go for 2 years to Kauai. MSG and I have traveled together twice - Vegas and to the NC mountains. But it's never been more than 4 days at once.

I like traveling with him. He gets it. He does all the research and knows what to do once we get there. He took me to Biltmore and Mt. Pisgah in NC, and when we went to Vegas he had the rental car ready so we could go up inot the mountains there. Hiking and bicycling are his things. To me that's so much fun. He's a good person to have on an adventure and he has a much better sense of direction than me. He's pumped too, since we made a deal to go to either Italy or Hawaii over the holidays. How sweet my son will be there. What a gift!

K
K
Ohhh Happy!!
Have you ever been? You will love it!! Lucky lucky girl!!

All these travelers! I need to get a job, so i can take time off and travel! lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

K
K
Quote:
It's my son Queenie - Happy's son!

you'll have to excuse Jill, shes well, I dont want to bring up age or anything......

This Moment is your Life

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
I "knew" it was Happy's son, ya dork!!!

She's visiting her S in Hawaii (he's being transferred there) and taking MSG with her......right? Got it!!!!

BTW, my boss is begging me to work more. I've agreed to 24 vs 20 hrs "when needed." I'm starting to understand her. She hired me to "babysit" her and I thought she was joking when she said it. NOT!!! She really does need me to nag her, keep her on task, clean up her messes, be a sounding board and run her projects. Funny thing, I found out there was a pool as to how long it would take me to get burnt out or disgusted and quit. I tried to get in on it but they said I'd have an unfair advantage. Thing is, I love organizing projects and as long as she gives me clear instructions as to the final goal (which at times, I'm not sure she knows), I'm good to go.

And.....this part is a downer.....I'm so disgusted at how much money I'm losing by selling my house to this woman!!!! It's hard to be happy about selling it because of this huge loss.

Ah well, onward and upward!!!!

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
All these travelers! I need to get a job, so i can take time off and travel! lol

Yes, K, you do!!! I haven't told my BF yet that my house is sold because she's in Mx. But I went online last night and looked at prices on going to Greece. Seems the best time to go may be in Sep. It's still great weather for the beach and sightseeing but also, it's cheaper in Sep & Oct and all the summer vacationers are back in school.

Maybe, Greece for your honeymoon, huh? Come in Sep!!! I'm sure B won't mind you hanging with us girls for awhile, right???

K
K
Hahhaa oh mannnnnnnn Greece my dream trip!!
hmmm honeymoon w/ the girls now theres a concept!

You are going to have just the bestest time! I watched Shirley Valentine a few weeks ago, ( think I told ya) and fell in love w/ the idea of Greece all over again. I think in another life I must of lived there.

I know the house sit. is causing you some angst , its a bittersweet pill, I guess just lookin forward is the way to go, dont look back! just think of that chunk of change you will have in your pocket every month now!!

AND I love your boss!

This Moment is your Life

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to think of how much more money I'll have to spend and put into my savings. Also, it will enable me to travel more so I'll try to keep the "happy" thoughts going.

I love my boss too. She's just got the best sense of humor and is so kind and caring. She has quite a story too. She had to get married at 17. Was D'd about 7 yrs later. Her X had numerous affairs during the M. She has two grown sons. One is a nurse and the other is a CEO at some big corp. She's been D'd almost 30 yrs!!! Anyway, she "does not" have a college degree and has worked her way up to VP from the very bottom of this company. She does all kinds of wonderful things for employees such as getting their car fixed if they can't afford it to having a huge dinner catered to our sheriff's son's funeral a few weeks ago. She doesn't let anyone know that she does these things. I know because I am usually involved in some way. I'm sworn to secrecy but I just love her for it!!! But.....she's very scattered and has a lot of responsibility which does not allow her to have time for any kind of a social life. I can see that she's stressed beyond belief and I really do worry about her health and have talked to her about it.

K
K
Wow Jill
She is an awesome woman! What a wonderful soul she is
I think you are the perfect person to be working for her too.

Has she taken your advice on her health?

This Moment is your Life

Tia Offline
Barbie Doll,
Thanks for being here. I've been part of the "Cheers" crowd.
I hope all is well.

/Tia

L
L
Awww Jillybean.

Your boss sounds wonderful.

I am glad she has you to help her keep an eye out on her health.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard