Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
F
FA Offline
F
Hey psluke! How ya doin'?! Not that bad here. Just wanted to drop in and say hi....also that I just picked up a new service member this past week. He is from Indiana...right out of high school and finds WA state really interesting from the land of Indy!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
I
I
Hi Pam

Nice to see you posting...perhaps I just missed you...

I just got back from Hawaii...and I want to go back...it is cold here compared to there...and I miss the ocean there already...so blue...so much nicer then even here in California...

Hope all is well with you and the pups...take care...Lin

Happy and together
Hi Pam long time no talk. I am currently separated and going through a long deserved divorce. I found out finally after therapy my ex is BPD Borderline Personality disorder. its kinda like being bipolar. Its amazing how much better off I am now. The emotional control is over with her and now she gets so angry when I dont give into her. She cost me my house that we bought 2 years ago, my credit is toast but I am finally free.

Honesty, sincerity, tenderness and trust. A little less time for the rest of the world, And more for the two of us. Kisses each mornin, I love yous at night, Just like it used to be.
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi AG,

I know you have been busy but you sound like you are in a good place with it now. \:\) Thanks for dropping by and checking on me.

Hi FA,

Glad it's not bad there! Indy isn't too far from me. Hope he continues to find it really interesting. Course I'm from a muuuuch smaller town than Indy! Tony P called me a small town hick the other day when I told him I have never flown at all. But that's ok I like my small town.

Hi Lin,

Sooo glad you got to make the trip to Hawaii!!! I have heard it is beautiful there from a few people I have talked to that visited. I know my boss keeps wanting to go back and has been twice so far that I can recall.

The pups and I are doing well. Three of them are showing in a few weeks so things are gearing up here to try and be ready for the shows. This cluster of shows used to be one of the largest all breed shows in the country. Not sure how it stacks up anymore as I know Louisville's ugly dog ordinance really hurt attendance. People were not only afraid to bring their dogs into the area for the 4 or 5 days but they didn't want to support any money going to businesses in Jefferson Co. I don't stay there but drive back and forth as it is so close to me thank goodness.

Thanks for all of your help and support. I was just thinking of you the other day. \:\)

Wow Kevin it has been a long time!

I am sorry how everything went down with your ex but you sound like you are in a pretty good place to deal with it all. Sorry it couldn't work out. I know when you were up to get the puppy you missed her so much and were so in love with her. Just a week or so ago when I picked my gf up at the airport I was thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Do you have a thread now? Write me sometime as I don't think I have your e-mail since my last computer crash.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
I posted an update but thats about it. I dont come around here much any more. I lost my dog back in September she was 13 years old. Funny how little things like going to the airport make us think of people.

Honesty, sincerity, tenderness and trust. A little less time for the rest of the world, And more for the two of us. Kisses each mornin, I love yous at night, Just like it used to be.
I tried to send you a pm with my email but your mail is full.

I
I
Pam...glad to see your keeping busy with fun stuff...hope the doggy showing goes well...

What is the "ugly dog" law anyway?

Lin

Happy and together
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Kevin,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. \:\( I lost my 8 year old last October very suddenly and I still miss him very much.

I tried to check PM's but it doesn't show anything and I'm not sure that works. Here is my current e-mail if you want to write: pslukeatgmaildotcom

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Lin,

The dog stuff is going well right now although I may not say that after the cluster next week!

My girls aren't really ready and we are jumping in anyway.

The law is several pages and really silly but expensive stuff. I know people that talked of selling their houses and moving out of Jefferson Co. when it passed. As far as I know it is still being fought over, going to court I think. The big thing people with show dogs are concerned about is ever so often it happens a dog slips a collar and gets loose. If animal control picks it up it is required to be spayed or neutered before you can have your dog back. Someone with a multiple breed Champion worth thousands of dollars isn't going to want something like this happening to their dog!!

I hope some of it gets worked with but not holding my breath it seems lots of places are starting to enact really bad dog laws with PETA being the money behind it and their stated goal is that no one should own a pet of any kind. I can't imagine being without my shelties!

Happy Wednesday everyone. \:\)

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Finally feeling a bit better today. \:\)

This past Saturday was the worst time I have had yet. \:\( My friend and I were scheduled to go an hour away for Rally practice and I called her to let her know no way could I drive. If I left all but the 2 girls home so we had room for hers in my van could she drive us? She said she was only taking her 2 shelties so plenty of room. I was so shaky and thought I was just going to start retching and not be able to stop. But I hoped to get a little steadier the longer I was up. I did and we went her and the other friend were great help. I just had no energy so S worked one of my dogs most of the time for me and helped me get everything in and out. Took my rambunctious dogs so they didn't bounce on me or pull me. She is a lifesaver! I did have fun despite feeling pretty rough!!

Then Sunday I took Frostbyte over to her place for them to get some practice in on their teamwork before the shows next week. Can't believe they are almost here!

Haven't done much this week but the past 2 days at least have worked the girls a bit before work. Tonight I hope to get at least one dog bathed but not one of the ones showing. The lady that is going to check out my Callie is going to meet us Saturday if we don't get bad weather and I want Callie girl to look her best. \:\) Today talking with her she said if Callie is good enough maybe we can get her a sponsor! That would have to be at world team level before that would happen I'm thinking but hey she is having high hopes for my girl so that is way cool!! She is also going to sell my horse stuff on e-bay to help pay for Callie's entry fees now. So this works great for me in 2 ways!

Plus the other friend has invited S and I to stay and travel with her to a show at the end of the month and I'm sure the 3 of us will have a great time.

Now if I just wasn't so broke life would be great!!!!!!!!!

Mortgage rates are going back up compared to what I found last month and I had 2 or 3 people last month say wait, well they aren't around any more. This bites. Talking to Tx on the way home he asked had I checked on just rolling the second mortgage into the first because he didn't think I should have to pay all the closing costs on a home I already own. Told him around here it works that way but I have not checked with the company that holds my first mortgage so on my list to do tomorrow.

Pam

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard