Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
I
OP Offline
I
Hey everyone... thanks for the support. I am soooo far behind on everyones' threads so I hope I haven't missed anything juicy or traumatic or such. Bethie will just have to fill me in as we know she is the board tramp.

Things have been crazy-busy here. Work is awesome. Kids are doing ok. Daycare lady gave me her notice yesterday, but i'm rolling with it. It's good to be Julie!

Had a convo w/ D7's school C yesterday... basically, D7 is talking about the D and was telling her C that her 'sister' is really mad at her dad for this all. Bums me out, of course. I kinda was hoping they would go thru blissful awe of their dad for the rest of their lives. Believe it or not, I didn't want them to see what I really see of their dad. Of course, I'm sure he would think that this is somehow my fault. In reality, OW's D13 is babysitting the girls more than she would like and hates it and D7 was even complaining about her. And she is pissed at her mom and even asked OW's X yesterday how long my X and her mom had been dating. Ouch. So I've no doubt there is no love lost there and D7 is hearing a lot from that poor kiddo.

Good things...
1. X and I agreed on a settlement. Just waiting on sigs and we'll be done. He even said to me that he thought I was extremely fair. He was scared to open the offer, but was pleasantly surprised. Writing this down for posterity as I'm sure that tune will change at some point. So, within a couple of weeks, I will be divorced.
2. Was treated to a fabulous sushi dinner last weekend. It was YUM!
3. The girls continue to amaze me with their skills and growth.
4. Work is fantastic.
5. Coworkers are wonderful.
6. Friends are top-notch
7. Going to Mexico in May
8. Taking the girls on vaca in July

So overall, I won't complain. Things are soooo much better than they were before and that I could have even imagined going thru this last year. Not only am I surviving, but I am THRIVING! Write it down, people!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
F
F
I'm writing it down, using my favorite crayon.

holla

ford #1377364 03/06/08 03:14 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Hey ford, hope all is well on the eastern side of the state!

I had an interesting chat w/ D7 yesterday. Basically she thinks I'm dating OW's X. I had to tell her that I wasn't. She also made comments about telling her dad that OW's D13 is 'mean' to them when she babysits, but of course since D13 is so sweet when he's around, he doesn't believe her. So she asked me to believe her if she ever tells me something. Lovely.

My head is spinning a little with all of this processing by D7. It seems to be hitting me from all directions. Yesterday she also asked me if I 'ever thought about just saying sorry and putting things back together the way they were'. What was I supposed to say to that? I know I didn't handle that well.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
L
L
Quote:
My head is spinning a little with all of this processing by D7. It seems to be hitting me from all directions. Yesterday she also asked me if I 'ever thought about just saying sorry and putting things back together the way they were'.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be so nice, if sorry, would just make things the way you wanted it sweetie?
I am sorry it can't.

But I can tell you sorry. Sorry, that all this stuff is so crazy sometimes.

But the wonderful part, is that none of this is your fault. PHEW.

Big people sometimes, just have to do what we have to do.

And sometimes it does not always make sense.

YOur dad and I love you very much. WE love you just the same, even tho we will not be living in the same house.

Ok.

So I don't want you to worry, about none of this stuff.

Good grief, I have no idea, if it will help or not, but it is the EXACT conversation i had with my D yesterday when she asked me the same thing

UGH.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Sweetie.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
I
OP Offline
I
Wow, thanks Lissie... you're quick on your feet. I wasn't expecting this at all and just floundered around like a fish out of water. I must have done a bad job b/c i've blocked it out of my memory and can't even remember what I said. You handled it beautifully.

Some days I can be a super mom with all the right things to say. Yesterday was not one of them.

Have a great day!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
T
T
Hey Julie!

Good to see you here. Looks like you've got a lot of good and fun stuff coming up. I am sure you will be happy to get some R&R.

Trip #1377466 03/06/08 04:58 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Hi Trip... I hope to, thanks. Good to see you around also!
Hope all is lovely w/ you!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
T
T
You know, "lovely" is a good word.

Trip #1377565 03/06/08 06:14 PM
From the first post on this thread...
Quote:
So, life is going wonderfully. I am so glad to be where I am and so thankful for the blessings in my life. Thanks to my H and OW, my life is better that it ever was before. Someone would have been hard-pressed to convince me of that last year, but I really believe it. I'm so thankful to get this chance to have the life I want and be the person I want to be. Lucky, lucky me!!!

Bravo Julie--you are awesome!
Althea

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks, Althea for stopping by.

ANother busy/productive day... wanted to share a little funny. The other night, OW's X came over to help me measure for a sprinkler system and he brought D13. She wanted me to help her make a pie. The ended up staying for pizza and while D13 and my D7 were across the street getting the pizza, they saw X and OW drive by. So we chuckled that they probably can't figure out why we're hanging out. Sure enough, I got a text from OW's X today saying OW and my X are mad we're spending time together cuz they can't see what we would have in common. Ya think?

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard